Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaid/Vampire hybrid problem

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    yup, many of the dual-occult hybrids are quite messy, since every one (minus alien) has different needs, all except spellcaster have two forms, and casters and vampires both have 'points' they need to earn/spend

it kind of looks like the mermaid's swapping to land-based form is based on the hydration need, since pairing them with any other occult removes the hydration need and they're able to swap to merform easily enough, but with one exception, cannot swap back out of merform.
    that exception, if interested, is an alien/mermaid... whatever form they're in, the alien changes to the other one to go to 'merform', though the alien form will have a tail (the disguise form will not) and they'll swap to or stay in disguise form when move back to land. when you swap them to alien form on land, they'll have their legs just fine. ...but, they'll be all kinds of borked in alien form in cas, since it'll have their lower half invisible and unable to be edited or have clothing changed (and if you had a fullbody outfit on them, it'll be everything other than head invisible)

vampire/spellcasters also have the issue of only seeing the spellcaster points earned instead of vampire ones (...this didn't bother me so much, as the only vampire i wanted to also be a caster already had all the vampire powers learned, with like 3 exceptions i didn't want for her. however, her new daughter is both a caster and a vampire... so that'll prove fun...)
    interestingly, the only occult that pairs nicely with spellcaster without breaking anything is, again, alien... since aliens don't have any unique needs and spellcasters don't have a secondary form. i've got a pair of these in my game and actually enjoy them quite a bit

Thank you.

Oki, so Alien+spellcaster is ok but other than that I will probably let one of the sims go un-occult before hooking up since I don’t want glitchy sims.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Also they are not true hybrid in Sims 4 so all mixed supernaturals can go badly wrong.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    What mess? I thought how sims 3 handled hybrid was awesome, I made vamp-werewolf with no problem whatsoever.

Sims 2 was the only game with hybrids, sims 3 didn't have them.

There was a NRAAS mod that allowed them, but they still weren't perfect. Keep in mind though, NRAAS is basically the sims 3 version of MC command center. Twallan was/is crazy talented, it was such a job that he retired for sims 4. It was definitely not an easy mod.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »
    What mess? I thought how sims 3 handled hybrid was awesome, I made vamp-werewolf with no problem whatsoever.

I thought The Sims 3 also tried to prevent hybrids. The Sims 2 didn't.

Yep the sims 2 was technically the only hybrids we actually had in programming.

Not ALL hybrids were permissible in Sims 2, though. Vampires and PlantSims were incompatible, I believe.

(For obvious reasons. :lol: "I need sun! Oh god it burns! It burns! Back inside! ooooh, but I need sun! I need it so badly! AAAAAAA! *poof*)

Most hybrids were compatible, and plant sims/vampires were one of them. You needed artificial sunlight from a heat lamp. It was probably the most interesting combination. They were pretty difficult to play.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • lost_framboiselost_framboise Posts: 1 New Member
    I personally got a mermaid and a vampire together thinking if they’ll have child it will either be a mermaid or a vampire but I was wrong, it gave me an unplayable hybrid. Things are fine up until the child reaches teenage-hood. When my sim fully developed her vampires form she was also a mermaid but had no hydration bar, only regulars + vampire energy but no vampire upgrade accessible. The CAS is a mess. I can change only the vampire form but I can’t even copy the normal appearance onto the dark form. She changes in mermaid in water alright but quite a hideous one and I can’t access to the mermaid form so yeah don’t try to mix mermaid and vampires unless you want to live with a sims that has 3 different appearances.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Mermaids are glitchy. I made a quad hybrid of Alien/Mermaid/Spellcaster/Vampire. Unfortunately, I had to remove the Mermaid trait because she was missing her legs when she got out of the bathtub.
  • grace_and_song88grace_and_song88 Posts: 1 New Member
    My vampire and my mermaid had twins. I thought the game would chose an occult for each child, but they have become a glitchy hybrid in their teens. Their occult side reverts back to the randomized clothing and features no matter how many times I change the sim (even using the modify in CAS). They keep their tails when they are out of water and loose all their other clothing options. After having them swim as mermaids, they do not switch to using their legs and swim all through the house and even up the stairs. They can feed on others, vampire meditate, and sleep in coffins but as mentioned before, one cannot access their vampire points. I’ve built an indoor pool to accommodate both their need to stay hydrated and stay out of the sun.
  • Kalyps0Kalyps0 Posts: 35 Member
    This also happened to me. My vampire and mermaid sims have had ceveral children. Their oldest came out 100% mermaid so I didn't have any issues with him. Their next two showed as being mermaids as children but vampire in cas. When I aged up the second oldest to teen she then showed as vampire. however, she immediately went and took a bath and is now stuck having a tail. I cannot change her outfit or anything. (In CAS I can but cannot access any of this in-game). Does anyone know if there is away to revert her to non-occult sim so I can get rid of her tail. I would rather have her be a vampire than a mermaid. I read that there is a poissibility to change an occult sim to non-ocult sim using mccc mod but I cannot figure out how to do so. I don't want to delete this sim but it would be nice if she wasn't always stuck in the mer form. thanks in advance.
  • Kalyps0Kalyps0 Posts: 35 Member
    never mind. I figured it out using cheats. had tried something similar on a different sim that was stuck in mer form after bathing with no luck. this time it worked so i must have entered something wrong the first time around.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    edited February 2020
    the game says it doesn't allow hybirds, but what they mean is if your make a hybrid be prepared to mess up your people. I assumed, since they said no hybrids that my alien/mermaid parents would have kids that were either alien or mermaid -- what I got instead -- every time was a mermaid alien hybrid who had half their body disappear when they entered the water --could change into their alien disguises and looked like absolute abominations in their alien forms. Just had a alien spellcaster hybrid too who does not actually show a spell caster trait or an alien trait when loaded into CAS but has the powers of both...
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Mermaids are glitchy. I made a quad hybrid of Alien/Mermaid/Spellcaster/Vampire. Unfortunately, I had to remove the Mermaid trait because she was missing her legs when she got out of the bathtub.

How do I remove a Trait? I would love to "fix" my messed up babies!
    To Remove Occult Traits press ctrl/shift/C on your keyboard, type TestingCheats On press enter, type TestingCheats True press enter
    Type:
    Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid press enter key
    Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_OccultAlien press enter key
    Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_OccultVampire press enter key
    Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_Occult_ WitchOccult press enter key

Only remove the occult you don't want in your hybrid.
    I suggest to remove mermaid if your sim has that occult trait because the mermaids are glitchy still.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    I have a mermaid/vampire hybrid. She's the in game born daughter of Caleb and my CAS mermaid.
    She has the abilities of both. She has both the vampire energy and hydration needs but the games shows her as mermaid, she has the tail icon and the mermaid plumbob. The problem is that she has no access to her vampire points or powers. I've checked all tabs in case they were moved somewhere else but no, nothing.
    frrt588.png

Yea, yea have same problems. One of my sims is part spell caster. She has spellcasting abilities. But when takes bath her legs stretch out like she has tail but there is no tail. Her children so far can be hybrids too just have use MCC when I have problems with them. Like hide tail if it gives option. Might be able to set vamp powers with Mcc I have not tried it yet.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My mermaid Sim got abducted and had alien twins. I just aged the twins up to teens and am having all kinds of problems with them. Every time they swim, their alien appearance completely changes and I have to restart the game in order to get their original appearance back. Is the only way to fix this still to remove their mermaid aspect? I love the idea of their being both mermaids and aliens, since that's what the game gave me. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yup, the only way to fix these issues people are having is to remove one of the occult traits. sims in 4 were never intended to have more than one occult trait, anyway, since they're all created so differently with so many built in powers, appearances and such.

if two occults have a 'transformation', they're generally incompatible (aliens have disguises, vampires have dark form, mermaids have swimming form)
    if two occults have unique needs, they're generally incompatible (vampires have dark energy and thirst, mermaids have hydration, spellcasters have charge)
    if two occults earn 'points', they're generally incompatible (vampires and spellcasters both gain rank by earning experience points in their respective occult types)

there are ways around most of these, especially with aliens, since they were the first occult created in the sims 4, but the mermaid issues are one that can't be bypassed

trust me, i would have loved to have occult hybrids, and actually do still have a handful that aren't so terribly broken (alien spellcasters, one vampire spellcaster since she already knew all the vampire powers i wanted for her).

and, @Rouenpucelle what you probably can do is make the twins half-aliens instead of full aliens... they'd lose the few actual powers aliens get (empathize, mind read, mind wipe. as well as turning dead collectible aliens into live versions, and changing minerals to other minerals) but keep all the conversation interactions, including the alien handshake
    you probably also want to use the cas unlock mod to give them access to alien eyes, since i can't recall if mermaids have access to those without it. unless, of course, you want them to have some of the mermaid eyes
    @kalaksed thank you for your helpful information! How do I make them half-aliens instead of full aliens?
    @Rouenpucelle just had to go into one of my households to double check that, the trait is trait_OccultAlienPart, you'd have to remove trait_OccultAlien
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @Rouenpucelle just had to go into one of my households to double check that, the trait is trait_OccultAlienPart, you'd have to remove trait_OccultAlien

Thanks so much, @kalaksed!

• ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I had a mermaid-alien. Was fine till she reach kid then it was a mess. While editing her in CAS, saving, and going into game, it completely deleted her. I did NOT delete her, the game did. Was gone from the generation tree, absolutely everything. I ended up making a sim that looked close to her and acted like nothing happened. Out of fear the couples second born would have the same issue, I gave her up (definitely would have done that differently now).
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    I had a mermaid-alien. Was fine till she reach kid then it was a mess. While editing her in CAS, saving, and going into game, it completely deleted her. I did NOT delete her, the game did. Was gone from the generation tree, absolutely everything. I ended up making a sim that looked close to her and acted like nothing happened. Out of fear the couples second born would have the same issue, I gave her up (definitely would have done that differently now).

Oh no! How devastating. I recently had a mermaid woohoo with an alien. Their child is a baby right now, and this worries me for when she grows up.
    It would be great if this glitch were fixed. I didn't intentionally create alien-mermaid hybrids, the game did, so it seems like the game should support them. For now, I'll just save a lot while I play. :)
    I have a question for Kersiexx.
    Do play with mods, cc or Mcc?
    The reason I want to know is that I only play Sims 4 without any of the mods, cc or Mcc & I just made two supernatural couples in my game.
    I was hoping for a natural hybrid child from each couple just like in Sims 3.
    haven't heard of the auto-deleting thing... that's... ugh. however, whyever it happened, that's a miserable thing to deal with
    none of my tester hybrids got deleted, though the majority of them were purposefully made by cheating hidden traits onto sims (and i still need to check a lot of things... like a servo/vampire... even if that works, too bad you wouldn't be able to set it so they can only feed from other servos)

the only non-cheated hybrid i've got is the daughter of my vampire i cheated spellcaster onto and her vampire husband. i didn't exactly think that through, since i had forgotten i'd made her a caster by the time i got back around to playing that household specifically to age their daughter up to teen and figured i'd give them another kid to keep a child-aged vampire around for other kids to interact with

@CaprianaB even if you don't use mods, i'd definitely suggest grabbing the 'show sim info' mod, just to check the hidden traits of the child and see what to expect... and to be able to check if you removed a hidden trait properly if you need/decide to go that route. since the mod doesn't really affect anything, you could then take it out of your game with no harm done to it

@SERVERFRA sims 4 occults were not designed with the ability to make hybrids like earlier games were... partially because many of them get such a bigger focus (a whole pack basically built around them) and their unique needs and alternate forms and power sets mess things in other occult types up... yet, the game doesn't take any of that into account, it just knows 'mermaids always produce mermaid offspring' and 'spellcasters always produce spellcaster offspring' so, a mermaid and a spellcaster having a kid will guarantee you a broken mermaid/spellcaster hybrid. about the only exception is with aliens, and that's only if you cheat the alien part of the 'hybrid' into the actual half-alien occult, which has the looks and interactions but no powers. and there might be a way to give them powers back without messing the other occult side back up... needs testing, but on that note...

@Rouenpucelle did things work out right with turning your mer-aliens into mer-halfaliens? and if so, there's a chance they can get their alien powers back if you want...though i still haven't tested that. cheating the trait trait_OccultAlien_FakeAlien onto a sim will give them permanent alien powers (that's the effect gained from drinking the alien serum from get to work but... as long as the trait is cheated onto a sim instead of them getting it from drinking the potion, it will never go away). hopefully that won't affect other occult types, since it's not an actual lifestate like they are... testing is needed. which i might be able to get around to later this weekend
    well, finally went and tested about the servo hybrids and... we can't have them. like they won't even happen. i made a household of 5 sims, one regular, one alien, one vampire, one mermaid, one spellcaster, then went and added the robot trait to all of them. the regular sim instantly turned into a servo, complete with the appearance (i was hoping to avoid that to make robots that didn't look like servos. alas), the other ones, the trait never took. i then tried to add all the other occult traits onto the new servo and again, they never took. didn't show up as hidden traits or anything
    am actually kind of surprised they didn't go back and use whatever coding for that in the existing occults so they couldn't create hybrids (though the'd probably forget to let half-aliens through if they did that)
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited February 2020
    I thought they fixed the risk of hybrids occurring. I have the lot trait on a dark ley line and my sim got pregnant by Simeon Silversweater.
    She was born a spellcaster/vampire. There is no way to set her darkform, she only has one form accessible in CAS and she has no vampire or spellcaster UI. She can access her spellcaster points but not her vampire points although she has both a vampire and magic pie menu.
    edited for image:
    udO9Lyr.png
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder