Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would anyone be interested in supporting a weight loss group here?

TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
Just giving any helpful tips on weight loss & exercises.

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Meeee! Tho, I'm also trying to lose weight but my body is super stubborn.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Yep. I know what you mean. I started walking more & cut out almost all refined sugars.
    I've been doing HIIT workouts like 3 times a week, and eating salads all the time and cutting down any sugar or sweet drink. Been doing it since 2017. I did lose 3kg in 2017 but then I fell sick in 2018 and couldn't exercise for almost the whole year. And then I gained back the weight.

Now I can't lose it anymore, cuz I think my body is just used to the healthy eating. So now I don't know what to do anymore. 😂 I kinda wanna just start eating unhealthy again. LOL.
    832XG3D.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I would support this. The same thing basically happen to me as Dekay. I'm out to loose 20pounds to get back to my natural weight but I feel like the biggest thing that's stopping me is my APPITITE. No matter what I eat, what I do, where I go, I feel like my appetite is never ending. I'm vegetarian btw. And I just don't know how to tone it down. I even tried drinking vinegar water which is said to help but it doesn't. I spend probably 80% of the day thinking about food. Ugh 😆😆😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I would support this. The same thing basically happen to me as Dekay. I'm out to loose 20pounds to get back to my natural weight but I feel like the biggest thing that's stopping me is my APPITITE. No matter what I eat, what I do, where I go, I feel like my appetite is never ending. I'm vegetarian btw. And I just don't know how to tone it down. I even tried drinking vinegar water which is said to help but it doesn't. I spend probably 80% of the day thinking about food. Ugh 😆😆😆

Have you tried drinking lots of water before eating, and then eat slowly?

I usually just ignore my grumbling tummy. 😂 I feel like I tend to feel more starved when I eat carbs like wheat stuff especially.
    832XG3D.gif
    I try to keep my carb count below 45 for each meal & I've also been drinking more water. :smile:
  • Ivory_RainIvory_Rain Posts: 47 New Member
    I would tots support.

I've been trying to loss weight for years now and I'm kinda at my limit, I've count down what I've ate, went on diets, taken a bunch of dietary pills, and even went to the gym which just caused me to gain muscle, so now I'm strong and chubby. :/
  • Ivory_RainIvory_Rain Posts: 47 New Member
    Cut down*
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this problem. :D Now we all just need a way to solve it.
    832XG3D.gif
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I would support. I've started walking about 5 miles a day. Any tips on cutting back sugar? ( I'm bad with sugar).
    edited February 2020
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    I would support. I've started walking about 5 miles a day. Any tips on cutting back sugar? ( I'm bad with sugar).

What kinda sugary stuff do you like to eat?

Maybe you can replace them with dark chocolate but only once a day or less.

Oh, and also avoid white bread as best as you can.
    832XG3D.gif
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited February 2020
    @DeKay

Don't get me started haha. I really have a hard time with candy or ice cream. I might try that. I like salted dark chocolate. So that might help.

I've already started eating 100% whole wheat bread too.

Thanks for your help. BTW I love your art.
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    DeKay

Don't get me started haha. I really have a hard time with candy or ice cream. I might try that. I like salted dark chocolate. So that might help.

I've already started eating 100% whole wheat bread too.

Thanks for you help. BTW I love your art.

No problem! 😅 Maybe you can also use those candies as motivation to exercise more. So like set yourself a goal to do 20 pushups for example before having a candy. 😂

And thanks! 🙏
    832XG3D.gif
    @Trashmagic

Do you like nuts, pineapples, grapes, cheese? Dark chocolate would pair very nicely with pineapple. :smile:

Are you watching your portion sizes? That's really important. I never realized just how much a true portion was until I started measuring everything.

BTW, try not to think of your new eating habits as a diet, It's simply changing a bad habit to a good one. And, if you make a slip or two don't be too hard on yourself - just try again. After all, as Scarlett would say "tomorrow is another day".
    13351e8c4c292b9959aa0e50fe0a006e.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hi everyone! I have some tips and advice that might help y'all with your quest to lose weight and get fit. Back in September 2013 on our Wedding Anniversary I weighed 195 lbs. and was fed up with being overweight and tired all the time. I'd get out of breath just walking downstairs to our basement to do laundry. That day I made a promise to myself that I would lose at least 50 lbs. by our next anniversary.

That night, I found a free online fitness/weight loss program called My Fitness Pal. Have any of your heard of it? Anyway, I used the tools they had there to figure out my BMI and used that to figure out how many daily calories I needed to eat every day to lose 1/2 a pound a week. They had a handy log where I could track my calories with a massive food database that listed calories in a lot of different foods and recipes. I could even put in my own recipes too.

This site has all kinds of tools to use to help, plus blogs of other members experiences, and you could even write your own if you wish. It also has a forum with different categories for advice, articles, etc. It's just a wonderful site that I would recommend highly. Anyway, by using that site to track my daily calories, walking/running, giving up regular soda for diet, drinking 8 glasses of water a day and cutting down on high fat/high sugar foods, I was able to lose 66 lbs. and weighed 129 lbs. by August 2014 and went on maintenance. I had reached my goal before our anniversary! I cried. It wasn't easy, but I did it! :)

My weight has fluctuated a few pounds since then, but when my clothes start to get tight, I get right back on track with My Fitness Pal and the pounds come off quickly. Thankfully, I've never, ever gained back more than 5 lbs. Before I lost the weight, I was wearing size 16 jeans but I probably actually should've been wearing size 18, now I wear size 4!

One of the biggest things you should keep in mind is cutting calories is how you'll lose weight, exercising is how you'll get fit. You can't lose weight by exercising alone despite the claims of others. Also, if you want to be serious about counting calories, get a food scale that measures by grams/ounces! Measuring cups and spoons aren't anywhere near as accurate. You can be way off by just trying to eyeball portion sizes and end up eating more calories than you think you are.

Don't weigh yourself every day either, just once a week. There's all kinds of factors that make our weight fluctuate from day to day, chief among those, water weight. It might look like you've gained a pound or two within just a day, but you really haven't. That's why it's important not to weigh every day, some people get very discouraged doing that.

Instead, look for what's called non-scale victories such as; you need to get a smaller pants size, or someone comments on how good you look, you can walk, run, climb stairs longer without getting out of breath, play with your children, grandchildren longer, your skin looks clearer, etc., etc., things like that. Believe me, those are just as important as what a scale might tell you.

I'll end this now, and I hope y'all don't mind that I've shared all this, I just want to help if I can from my experience in trying to lose weight and get fit again. Lastly, you don't need to use that online program at all if you don't want to, keep track of your calories/exercise however works best for you. I just wanted to share what worked personally for me. Good luck y'all, I'll be cheering for you! <3
    @Karababy52 Thanks so much for sharing. I haven heard of "My Fitness Pal" before but I am interested to see what they have online. :smile: