Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Massive Sims Sale

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member

- The base game is 88% off.
- All Expansion Packs are on sale, 50% off.
- All Game Packs are on sale, 25% off.
- Romantic Garden Stuff Pack is 50% off. Bowling Night Stuff Pack is 50% off. Toddler Stuff Pack is 50% off. Laundry Day Stuff Pack is 50% off.
- No other Stuff Packs are on sale.
wB2Zykl.jpg
Post edited by Hestia on

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Is it the 20th anniversary again?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sims 4 was only $5.99 during the 20th anniversary sale, and less than a month later they run a sale where it’s $4.99. Desperate
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I think this is the "EA Publisher Sale," or at least, that's what Origin told me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I was expecting this one, the Publisher sale is an annual thing.

There might be a different SP on sale tomorrow since they seem to be swapping weekly.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited February 2020
    I think stuff pack on sale will change. I normally start my game with Origin in offline mode, then I don't get the discount info on my start screen when game is loading. So, I started to go online to check ;)

PS: Will GPs ever get cheaper than 25% of? I think they could give 50% at least for the older packs.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited February 2020
    Dude, just curious why all these sales...I mean.....can they not sell the game without them :P seems like it **And if your gonna ask, I got almost all packs expect the ones I refuse to buy, MFPS, M Stuff, and Tiny Living.**
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I think this is the "EA Publisher Sale," or at least, that's what Origin told me.

Well, it’s not Sims exclusive but it still counts as a sale for it... 🤷‍♀️
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Simmerville GPs were 40% off last June, so it happens just nowhere near as much as EP sales.

And the last few Thursdays the SP on a 50% off sale switched so we'll know tomorrow if that continues until they rotate through them all.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Dude, just curious why all these sales...I mean.....can they not sell the game without them :P seems like it **And if your gonna ask, I got almost all packs expect the ones I refuse to buy, MFPS, M Stuff, and Tiny Living.**

It's the Publisher's Sale. THis has nothing to do with the Sims itself. They just happened to land in the same month.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member

It's the Publisher's Sale. THis has nothing to do with the Sims itself. They just happened to land in the same month.

They do have a lot of sales though. More than I ever saw with the other games by a long shot. If you miss one, just wait a few weeks.
    I haven't bought anything full price yet except Tiny Living and that was because I caved while I was sick and bored a couple weeks ago, and I'd just gotten paid for a rather tedious transcription job. Everything else I've bought at 50% off.
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit to discover that they've only done as well as they have because of sales. This iteration is... very different as far as content portioning.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

They do have a lot of sales though. More than I ever saw with the other games by a long shot. If you miss one, just wait a few weeks.
    I haven't bought anything full price yet except Tiny Living and that was because I caved while I was sick and bored a couple weeks ago, and I'd just gotten paid for a rather tedious transcription job. Everything else I've bought at 50% off.
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit to discover that they've only done as well as they have because of sales. This iteration is... very different as far as content portioning.

This is what I mean, without it being for the Sims...they ALWAYS have a dang sale...don't deny it because they do...and I find that really fishy for some reason.
    I agree with the bolded part, they boost about the sales, but of course it's gonna be the best selling, you have a sale on it ALL the time and EVERYONE is grabbing it at that point....smh...
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    If sales are where they make money I'm not sure why this is an issue... I'm glad they have a lot as it saves me money.

As for stuff packs, they did it last year that they cycled through them all at this time of year so seems they are again. I don't need any but Tiny Living though and I'll save that til I can bundle it
  • ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    I got almost all packs expect the ones I refuse to buy, MFPS, M Stuff, and Tiny Living.**

Tiny living is such a fun game changer though! Honestly I've been loving it. Pushing myself to build tiny, keeping the house small and the perks!!! oh my!

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Is it the 20th anniversary again?
    But there's no recolored hot tub how could you think such a thing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Update: Bowling Night Stuff Pack is now 50% off.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • freckledandfairfreckledandfair Posts: 68 Member
    Definitely when I take advantage of getting new packs
  • TigMagickTigMagick Posts: 1,661 Member
    just a heads up its now Toddler stuff pack on sale for 50%
    just wanted to let anyone dropping in know they changed it again. :wink:

Also Origin was down for me for over an hr but it looks like its back up!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited February 2020
    Excellent. These sales are way better to me than a "free hot-tub". Smart move.

My hat's off to them.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

TigMagick wrote: »
    just a heads up its now Toddler stuff pack on sale for 50%
    just wanted to let anyone dropping in know they changed it again. :wink:

Also Origin was down for me for over an hr but it looks like its back up!

Was about to post this. Thank you. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff is 50% off now!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I didn't feel psyched enough about toddler stuff to buy it, and I already own Laundry Day. I'm hoping they'll continue on this path and eventually some others I don't own will be next.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    Anisaerah wrote: »
    Laundry Day Stuff is 50% off now!

Thank You! I have been waiting for this one! Honestly I even bough bowling stuff the other day because it was 50% off. They know how to get me.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I didn't feel psyched enough about toddler stuff to buy it, and I already own Laundry Day. I'm hoping they'll continue on this path and eventually some others I don't own will be next.

I was pleasantly surprised at the toddler-stuff pack. It got me more interested in playing toddlers again. Instead rushing through it and aging them up quickly.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    HOW is laundry day stuff? I don't mind doing laundry IRL but I don't necessarily want to do it in the game. Will I HAVE to have them do laundry even if I don't give them a laundry machine?
  • DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    HOW is laundry day stuff? I don't mind doing laundry IRL but I don't necessarily want to do it in the game. Will I HAVE to have them do laundry even if I don't give them a laundry machine?

No, Just make sure you don't give them laundry hampers either.