March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Allow Players to Fully Edit Apartment Lots

This topic has died down for some time now, but I feel that it should be voiced again. I understand the reason behind locking that when playing in normal Live Mode. However, I ask the studio to let us edit the space outside the active apartment in Manage Worlds or at least through a cheat code.

Just look at these:
49541481582_b56810502b_k.jpg
What is it with the alignment of windows? And why is there an edge-bricks wallpaper in the middle of the wall?

49541260771_457ee5f1a4_k.jpg
There’s a missing window.

Please, just please, let us edit the public space in apartments.

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2020
    I wish that EA would let us create our own apartments, period. TS3 had a really cool system using hidden objects that allowed elevators to skip levels and such. It worked really well. I'd love to create townhomes with basement apartments, brownstones, semi-detached homes, penthouses, and more duplex apartments (because there's less than a handful in the game). Just allow us to create our own apartments as we're accustomed to doing.

Since City Living 'wasn't about apartments' please provide an EP that is!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited February 2020
    yes! and the hallways are ugliest most useless thing like even if I can't drag the walls let me decorate them change wallpapers and floors and door placements (add more doors even) and such please

+ please let me get rid of the need maintenance by renovating the apartment like it doesn't make sense that after fixing whole apartment up it still needs maintenance like what even

I want to glam my small apartments up
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Since City Living 'wasn't about apartments' please provide an EP that is!

Stop! Don't give them ideas to charge us money for something that could easily be given in an update—wait, never mind, they already do that quite often.
    tenor.gif?itemid=8705751
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2020
    In an way City Living is about apts as there are plenty of apts in an city and they outnumber houses as well. I believe I would not even buy an new EP even if they allowed us to build from scratch for I would look at that as an low blow to the gut. :#
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2020
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    In an way City Living is about apts as there are plenty of apts in an city and they outnumber houses as well. I believe I would not even buy an new EP even if they allowed us to build from scratch for I would look at that as an low blow to the gut. :#

City Living is absolutely about apartments, I agree! Regardless, the EA/Maxis party-line response says that it isn't. Never mind that there's nothing else in that expansion that has anything else to do with living in the city. We're supposed to pretend that the two concepts of city living and apartment living aren't connected.

Ridiculous excuses notwithstanding, it's pretty obvious that EA/Maxis is breaking every theme into pieces and selling the pieces separately. If EA/Maxis doesn't intend to sell custom apartments (cars, bands, singers, bunkbeds, spiral stairs, personalities) later, they probably aren't possible this time around.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2020
    Cynna wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

City Living is absolutely about apartments, I agree! Regardless, the EA/Maxis party-line response says that it isn't. Never mind that there's nothing else in that expansion that has anything else to do with living in the city. We're supposed to pretend that the two concepts of city living and apartment living aren't connected.

Ridiculous excuses notwithstanding, it's pretty obvious that EA/Maxis is breaking every theme into pieces and selling the pieces separately. If EA/Maxis doesn't intend to sell custom apartments (cars, bands, singers, bunkbeds, spiral stairs, personalities) later, they probably aren't possible this time around.

Oh yes, they gave us one free neighborhood and ultimately that feature became an paid feature minus the end-user ability to alter the neighborhood or create their own, all for the love of money.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • cassidyjnscassidyjns Posts: 1 New Member
    I am appalled that we cannot edit the apartment buildings, or at least the hallways. I think being able to edit, even just the hallways, would add so much more creativity to builds! The current hallways are HORRIBLE and I dont understand why players can edit almost their entire world except the hallways. I see so many people complain about this issue and am so confused as to why they havent made it so we can yet