Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims expansion was your favourite?

Comments

• RumellKhan1RumellKhan1 Posts: 157 Member
    I like the normal expansion.
    24 hour Sims Challenge.

1. Day 1. Create a replica of your home and you and those who live there.
    2. Day 2. Keep note of everything that your Sim does.
    3. Day 3. Do everything that your Sim has done.

A timer would be a useful tool.
  • JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    Seasons on every game it applied to and Vacation/Bon Voyage/Island Paradise/Island Living have always been my favorites! :smiley:
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Sims 2 Open for Business. I spent an inordinate amount of time building and running stores and restaurants. It was part of the reason I wanted to go culinary school so that I could run my own restaurant one day IRL.

I also love the Sims 3 Supernatural. It was my first Sims 3 EP and the only one I had for a while. I’ve always loved magic and occult subjects and I was endlessly entertained.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I never played Sims 1 or 2. My daughter & I never heard about any Sims games until she spotted the Sims 3 Diesel Stuff in EB Games Store.
    So all I can say is that I really liked Sims 3 for all it's varieties, Color Wheel, Textures, Heartshape Bed, Bunkbeds, Hot Tubs, Playable Babies, Shorter Teens, Motorbikes, Cars, Time Travels & Many Family Members.

My daughter & I like Sims 4 for the better graphics, installing Extension/Game Pack/Stuff games in any order & No Game Freezing up.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I think Sims 3 Supernatural. Game play was just barfed in generous amounts in that one.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Generations changed my whole game (sims 3). Really awesome.
    As a side note, ive come to really enjoy some ep's that ive avoided for a long time. When i was younger i always had to read a lot of reviews because i could only afford a few ones... so, ive avoided for examplw world adventures cause it had the tomb exploration, that is something that im not exactly looking for in Sims. Recently i have been buying some packs for sims 3 and im really enjoying WA!! Its so much than tomb exploration. All my saves/generations travel at least once. They learn new recipes, enjoy new skills related to each vacarion world, the worlds are so beautifull!!
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    TS3 University. Sometimes I'll make a Sim just to play through the university experience.
  • MadTinkerer_101_MadTinkerer_101_ Posts: 6 New Member
    The sims double deluxe that let u build cars and the the sims 3 tinkering one were u can build junk bot and go into future were they had plum bots
  • MadTinkerer_101_MadTinkerer_101_ Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="BethanyShone;d-922060"]Out of all the expansions for ALL of the Sims games which was your favourite?

(bearing in mind I was 11/12 when I got this one) I loved The Sims 2 Nightlife just because of the amount of stuff that one added. Me and my school friend both had it and we would often go round to each others houses just to play Sims. We used to love playing as a vampire and would always try and find one to bite our sims. Cars were also introduced and I loved the dance tiles and sphere thing that would spin when your sim was inside? Ah it was so good.

I also loved The Sims 3 Island Paradise because it was so different and the world was beautiful. I'm also a huge fan of snorkelling in real life and so I thought it was amazing when this was added to the game.
    [/quote]
    My least favorite expansion so far had zombies in it and I couldn’t turn them off and i have very vivid nightmares with zombies in them and just the cartoon version off them scare me 😳 absolutely less favorite so far
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited February 2020
    All are equally favorite in no particular order:

- Every single The Sims (2000) EP.
    - Every single The Sims 2 EP.
    - The Sims 3: World Adventures / Ambitions / Nightlife / Generations / Supernatural / Seasons / Island Paradise.
    - The Sims 4: Get Together / Seasons
    Post edited by Hestia on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    My favorite in general is always Pets and Seasons. Those two things provide everyday life experience to me and with seasons, great pets, and great Sims bring the game more to life for me. So I'll just put those aside, lol.

Of all the rest of the pack in all the Sims games I'd say Supernatural with Sims 3. We got numerous supernaturals which I love, and the world was is one of my favorites and one of the ones I could more easily place extra lots in.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    The Sims 1 - Hot Date
    The Sims 2 - Open For Business
    The Sims 3 - Island Paradise
    The Sims 4 - Get To Work
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    All of them up from The Sims-Sims 3.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Favorites for me:
    • Sims 1: Makin' Magic
    • Sims 2: Nothing
    • Sims 3: Supernatural
    • Sims 4: Realm of Magic

See a theme there? :)

Of the three, I'd say Supernatural was tops, just because they introduced THREE supernatural types, but Makin' Magic was lots of fun, for many of the same reasons other people mention: dragons, roller coasters, things you had to do to trade for magic ingredients... it was just fun. It was pretty obviously themed after Harry Potter, but that was part of what made it so fun.

Realm of Magic fleshes out spell casters in a way that none of the other versions did, so I am really loving it as well.

I say nothing for Sims 2, because one of the reasons that iteration of the Sims was always disappointing to me is that they never implemented magic. No, I don't count what they did in Apartment Life; that was very obviously tacked on at the end as an afterthought, and was pretty worthless.
  • sheyoncexxxsheyoncexxx Posts: 24 Member
    The Sims 1 - Hot Date and Vacation
    The Sims 2 - Seasons and University
    The Sims 3 - Ambitions and Pets
    The Sims 4 - Get to Work and Seasons
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    TS2 Bon Voyage and TS4 Seasons without a doubt. But City Living and the TS4 vacation GPS are pretty high up there as well. I’ve always loved destination worlds and TS4 Seasons brought so much life back to the game that it’s absolutely one of the best packs imo.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    TS1: I don’t have it
    TS2: Freetime & Bon Voyage
    TS3: Generations, World Adventures, Seasons
    TS4: Parenthood
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sims 3: Island Paradiso, Late Night,
    Into The Future, Pets, Ambitions & Supernatural.

Sims 4: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons & Island Living.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    All the sims 1 package EP'S are for me the most memorable and best, because EA was not a cash machine back then. When you play this game you can experience a certain creativity and passion the developers/designers had back then.

sims 1 superstar/making magic in particular.

Superstar because it was so ahead of it's time back then. The build and buy mode objects very modern en could be easily found in 2020. Becoming a star was hard and the money you can earn as a star is INSANE. Also, I loved the songs your sims could sing, Glabe Glarn is my all time favorite memory of the sims 1.

Then, making magic. This magic EP, is the best of all Magic EP'S sims ever had. There was a lot to do, and again, it was hard gathering all the items for spells. The spells were also very creative and ea really put their heart in this game. Spinning your own golden thread, making butter with the butter churn, kissing a frog who turns in a prince, climbing a beanstalk to find giant Will Wright in the skies, Sending your clone sim to work, nock on the door to get maid Bonehilda to work, Increase your cooking skill to be capable of getting more charges for a spell, Playing minigolf at the circus styled magic lot, grow crystals on your home lot to perform magic tricks, AND LET YOUR CHILD GROW UP WITH A SPEL!

• doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    i loved the Sims 3 universty life Discover universty is just not on par with this masterpice
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sims 1: I only ever played the basegame
    Sims 2: I played the UC, which means it's not quite clear what came with what EP, but I loved travelling to Twikii Island and haging out there (beach, restaurant, ruins).
    Sims 3: Seriously, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts but if I have to choose: World Adventures.
    Sims 4: Haven't played them all but I think I'll go for Get Together.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    Out of all 3 iterations of Sims, it would have to be between S3 World Adventures, S3 Ambitions, or S3 Generations. Each of them added a lot of content and they're the ones I most often get the most out of