Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Body Hair ~ Yes or No?

Comments

• heyrobertoheyroberto Posts: 47 Member
    2/10
    Personally i don't like body hair on my sims
    5zUb897.jpg

• OnyxshadowOnyxshadow Posts: 10 New Member
    10/10
    We need body hair. No man is without body hair
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    10/10
    • A man needs himself some body hair.
    • Some ladies might like to reveal their furry side.
    • ANY sim should be allowed to show off how it grows.

No werewolves or other nocturnal beasts needed. Free patch update. No nonsense.
  • irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    10/10
    I see no problem with having more options. If you do not like body hair, as long as you are able to choose to include it or not (like in Sims 3), there should be no problem. This has nothing to do werewolves necessarily, just making the sims more realistic.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    2/10
    I mean, I do not really want it much less need it (beyond occult things like werewolves), but I would not mind it as an option. Beyond a free update, I am not sure what theme it could be attached to beyond werewolves.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    10/10
    I so miss the male sims having body hair.
    In Sims 4 I can't properly make my gorgeous Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, my heroic
    Kevin Sorobo's Hercules or my hairy Prince Adams Beast.
    I have to replay the old Sims 3 to play the guys.
    10/10
    @SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so miss the male sims having body hair.
    In Sims 4 I can't properly make my gorgeous Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, my heroic
    Kevin Sorobo's Hercules or my hairy Prince Adams Beast.
    I have to replay the old Sims 3 to play the guys.

Not sure if you're a mod user, but until a time bodyhair is actually introduced to TS4, you could use Luumiasims' body hair for men:

https://luumiasims.com/post/160374208324/body-hair-v5-body-hair-is-back-and-even-more

Maybe a way to re-create those splendid beasts of yours in TS4? ;)
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    1/10
    I don't like body hair in game. Can't imagine them on those plastiсine sims of ours without it looking really out of style. All I see is the opportunity for my game to generate townies even uglier than now... I could not handle it... I'm not strong enough... they already give me nightmares... bah!
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    1/10
    I like anything that makes the game more realistic
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    1/10
    So I am changing to an 8. Sorry for the 1. I still don't think I'll use it much.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    10/10
    For me the option of body hair on sims is a definite yes but I'd rather it be separate from warewolves.

I like to play a diverse but realistic game and having body hair forms part of a world where all sims aren't always the same. Currently I use CC for the body hair but it'd be nice if it were actually included.
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    10/10
    In reply to those saying "MM", etc, whatever they put out would technically qualify as that, given that the MM tag is applied to player creations.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    10/10
    I’d love body hair! I hardly ever play with male sims in TS4; but I’d love if they didn’t limit the options to just males like they did in TS3. I want my simself to be sccurate! Hairy feminine women and equally hairy butch women :). Please and thank you!
  • Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    edited July 2020
    4/10
    I think that having options for body hair would be nice but I am worried about how it would get implemented in game. And to be clear with body hair I am thinking arms, legs, armpits, chest etc and not just chest.

There are a few ways I could see it work and benefits/drawbacks with it:
    1, Would it be like a tattoo that the player had to actively choose and it never change unless the player changes it? Note that I am not suggesting that it would replace tattoos, only that it would work similar. For example for the legs there would be 5 degrees of varying hairiness to choose from to simulate that in real life the amount of body hair a person has varies between individuals and/or age.

- This would be the preferred way for me at least because then it would be up to the player to decide who have body hair and what type/s. If it works like this I could actually see myself using it for some of my women and men sims and be happy about it.

2, All men sims have body hair/All men sims gets body hair as young adults and then more as adults.

- This would make me really unhappy and I would have to wish really hard for a toggle to be implemented or for some of the community’s talented modders to find a solution for it. And if body hair gets added please make it unisex so both the women sims and men sims can use it since in real life almost everyone has body hair.

3, Everyone between the age of teenage to elder have body hair and have to shave it off from different body parts every second day because it regrows and it would be a fun/realistic thing to add to the game.

- Pretty please add a toggle so I can skip out of this “fun”. Especially since I prefer that my played sims have npc partners instead of played partners which means that they would always have body hair and I would be unable to do anything about it for those I would prefer didn’t have it.
    - And no, it would not be a satisfying solution to add a social that says “Please shave X” or “Please shave Y”. Not even without the question causing a negative relationship hit with the npc would it be a good solution. Because then I would be pressing those socials every visit and the npc would spend more time in the bathroom than interacting with my sim and doing fun things.

4, Or would it work like clothes in game meaning that npc men and women would use it for situational outfits?

- I would not like this either because I am not fond of the situational outfits as it is nor the looks of the randomly generated sims. Body hair would just add more strangeness. But I suppose if the worst happen I could always remove it as long as it doesn’t grow back…

So bottom line is: Extra options are good but I am unsure about body hair until I know how it would be implemented and if there would be a toggle to turn it off.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    10/10
    • A man needs himself some body hair.
    • Some ladies might like to reveal their furry side.
    • ANY sim should be allowed to show off how it grows.

No werewolves or other nocturnal beasts needed. Free patch update. No nonsense.

Yes, please. This ought to be a base-game update. I wouldn't do this personally, but: yes, agreed, it should be a non-gendered feature.

(I would not like hairy female townies walking around my game, though... I'd definitely consider stubble-legs and hairy pits, haha. But that's my personal line drawn... Haha)
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    9/10
    Yes but please no townies with the weirdest craziest body hair.

Oh my god all this body hair hate is making me self-conscious :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited July 2020
    10/10
    Oh my god all this body hair hate is making me self-conscious :lol:

I feel you man. :D
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    10/10
    i think body hair as an option is really important
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    10/10
    Yes, I want body hair.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    6/10
    I feel neutral. I probably wouldn’t use it much, but I wouldn’t mind it. I think the only Sim I gave cc body hair to was my Captain Kirk Sim.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Naples8Naples8 Posts: 1 New Member
    10/10 There needs to be more inbuilt variety for the male characters, without having to download custom stuff. Male hairstyles are so limited compared to the female options available. As a point there are so many male "retro" styles, the quiff, mullet, etc which would add character. Do they offer mutton chop beards...I don't think so? I haven't played for that long but the failings are obvious...give us more options please...
    Body hair should be an option, otherwise it is primarily just a few steps off from being the Barbie and Ken show. Why don't they offer a stuff pack of additional hair styles / body hair option. It's seems something as specific as a knitting pack is possible...
    edited July 2020
    10/10
    @Naples8 wrote: »
    Why don't they offer a stuff pack of additional hair styles / body hair option. It's seems something as specific as a knitting pack is possible...

Hopefully we can nifty knit some body hair with the upcoming stuff pack... B)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    10/10
    I don't understand why it's never been added. I always use the CC body hair as it's just not realistic for my male sims to all be hairless and completely shaved.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    10/10
    I would love body hair as an option (IF it was done good and didn't look like someone took a sharpie and drew it on, but done realistically)
  • laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    10/10
    I have cc body hair I use all the time so I would absolutely love it if we actually had it in the game! Body hair is something so small but adds a huge impact to the overall appearance of your sim and it just makes them seem more real because not everyone is blessed with having super smooth hairless skin.