Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Fenbury

167891012...Next

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I have been a bit busy with RL stuff but wanted to show the work I have done on one of the bigger houses.

As a reminder.

oT7STWl.png

This house I uploaded to the Exchange some time ago but I wanted to do the interior decoration for my game as well.

O8dIM57.png

UsgqKsL.png

imwF7c9.png

l0iuBsw.png

I did try to use tab to get rid of the menus but sadly I don't think that works in EIG :/
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2020
    Looks good. I like what you did with the porch/front door (diagonal).
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 thank you. It was not easy to do without using cheats. The roof was particularly difficult.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Hi Betty! It's looking pretty good. I'm glad you had some time to work on it during your busy life stuff :)
    I have a couple of rooms from Fenbury Manor to show you. I apologise that it has been a while but RL has been rather hectic. Hubby and I are now in self isolation to keep us safe and to allow poor hubby a chance to recover from pneumonia. This means I should be settling into a more regular routine of work on both Fenbury and Throxton.

I have already done some work decorating the entrance hall, ballroom and dining room but these are not fully finished yet. One of the rooms I most wanted to do was the main bedchamber. It has a little ante room and I have included a picture of this.

Sw0eTvo.png

8hBMJTt.png

8NaDObf.png

GAqAR8n.png

The other room I have been working on is the study/library. Again I am not totally happy with the way it turned out so may tweak it. Please note that it was not uncommon for houses of this type and age to have two globes. One for the northern and the other for the southern hemispheres.

lu1qkEm.png

SHwD3DG.png

sCfkXCW.png

Sim enim est vita
    Blows dust off thread.

I hope you are all safe and keeping well. I am happy to report hubby is making slow but steady progress towards recovery after having pneumonia. So much so that we are now in negotiations over the use of the internet.

Obviously there has been little time for working in CAW. So I thought I would share a little more of the work already done on Fenbury Manor. I will say I am very pleased with it so far but I do wish Tudors of Tudors would turn up the daily deal so I can grab it cheap.

These pictures are of the hall. The Fenburys would have been fairly wealthy when they built the Manor but that did not stop them taking stone from the abandoned castle. Incidentally the castle would be further damaged during the Civil War when Cromwell's army decided it was worth blowing up.

Anyway wealth meant the family could put tooled leather on the walls and afford tiling for the floor. For this idea I think of Burleigh, one of the greatest Tudor houses ever built. Note the massive fireplaces as there would have been no central heating and this would have been a big space to keep warm in winter.

The upper floor is more of an art gallery. Some of the larger houses also used the long gallery as a place to walk and exercise on wet days. The tapestries date from the time the house was built but many of the paintings were added by later generations.

E7WjdM9.png

wkJgWHF.png

1V4ZEM2.png

LcAVe2y.png

WbYME8K.png

GM3ynnR.png

How much more I get done in the next few weeks depends on how the negotiations go for use of the internet. Hubby seems to think his ability to work from home is more important than my simming. Naturally I disagree.

Sim enim est vita
    I did so want to finish Project Fenbury and Project Throxton. Life has got in the way and I am currently waiting on another operation. If I do feel like a return to TS3 it will be simply to play the game. Thank you to all those who have liked and commented. An extra big thank you to those who have provided help.

Apologies to the mods if I have violated the rules on old threads. There will be no more added I promise and I would like you to close the thread now.

Sim enim est vita
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Just wanted to say before this thread gets closed for good that it is absolutely fabulous to see your post @Bettyboop55 :D
    I did wonder how you are keeping. I very much hope that your health will improve and you can have some fun just playing TS3
    Wishing you all the best and take care! 🤗