Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favourite challenge?

Hey guys!
This is my first post, so hopefully, I do this correctly :#

I love setting myself challenges and playing in-game challenges, I was wondering what your favourites are to play?
Personally I love a Rags to Riches challenge, but I'm looking for something new, let's discuss!

Thanks x

Comments

• CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I adore the decades challenge. I prefer legacy challenges in general and the decades was my first one and I am going to do it again. You really connect with the sims' stories in that one. I also do it on shortened life spans and every sim year is a decade.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I really enjoyed the Drifter Challenge. I only made it to House 9 but it was a lot of fun because when the heir becomes a YA you move out to an empty lot. I enjoy rags to riches type game play so this was fun starting over each generation. It is the longest I ever played a family.

I am currently playing the Disney Princess Challenge making a cottage for each generation and having them each start over on an empty lot. Having a lot of fun building and playing this so far.

I am also enjoying Movin Up and am still playing that challenge. I am however getting tired of living in an apartment but it won't be long and I will be done with it. Each generation I do the Bachelor or Bachelorette Challenge to decide who the heir is going to marry.

I am also enjoying the Rainbow Challenge. https://berrysweetboutique.tumblr.com/post/159783834443/ts4-berry-sweet-pastel-rainbowcy-challenge. It is a pastel rainbow challenge. I am not using skin tones just doing it with what we have in the game.

There are just so many I loved playing. It is hard to list them all. But I would say these are at the top of my list at the moment. Oh and also Box of Chocolates is very fun for something really different and Random Legacy Challenge. Those are on my list next.
  • GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    The first challenge I ever played was self-imposed, it was to find and grow all of the base game plants. It was really fun and interesting. I slept on benches and explored in different worlds to wait for plants to spawn, made a ton of friends with townies and found out about a lot of hidden spaces in the world. I learned a lot about splicing and fertilizing and it was just super informative.
    I recently began a Sulani based legacy so that I could discover all that there is to Sulani and really embrace the beautiful world.
    I am extremely tempted to start the imperial concubine challenge, however, I need to shop for some cc and aspire to redo an entire save file to be Asian-inspired before taking on that challenge. However, it looks like it will be a real challenge to just keep up with the rules.
    The fashion agency challenge was also pretty fun, I already had a family with a similar storyline so I used it to finish off their story.

Side note: the 100 baby challenge really wasn't very enjoyable for me, I made it to 50 babies before I realized that I was boring myself to death. There was no story, no space for detour in the rules, it was just bland chaos from beginning to end. I traded the feeling of satisfaction over completing the challenge for real gameplay that I could enjoy and look forward to. How is it for others?
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I enjoyed doing the "Collect every type of ghost" challenge. Only instead of killing sims I didn't like, I did the opposite.
    Pros:
    Alot of sims "visiting" your household (social never went yellow)
    Your favorite sims will always be with you in your morbid collection
    Free food from ghosts cooking

Cons:
    Alot of sims "visiting" your household (so many ghosts interrupting my sim mid poop)
    Ghosts causing mayham (listen just cause my tv killed you doesn't mean you should destroy it for the 15th time)
    They eat EVERYTHING
    House is haunted
    EMrBkJP.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited February 2020
    My favorite is 100 baby challenge. I'm currently doing it and baby nr. 29 was just born. It was tough at the beginning because the mother got triplets after the first baby and she didn't even have money to buy toddler beds. I had to sell a lot of things to afford the beds and I still didn't have any skill items for them. I almost gave up, but somehow I survived (and also the toddlers survived) and now when the mother has 6 planters full of perfect quality dragon fruits (earns about 40 000 Simoleons per day) and has 1,5 millions of cash and lives in a nice house even triplets are "easy" to deal with.

I love this challenge because I only use premade Sims as fathers. It's great to see how the children will turn out, what will they look like. I don't think it would be so interesting to use unknown random Sims.
    If there are not enough premade male Sims to complete the challenge I will add other Maxis made Sims to the world.
    If and when I ever get this challenge done I will probably start a new one with using TV- or movie characters and celebrities (that I download from the gallery) as fathers. It's going to be fun to see how their babies will look like. :mrgreen:

I've tried other challenges, but I've gotten bored of them or just given up for some other reason. I gave up on legacy challenge because I kept forgetting the rules, I decided to continue it as just a normal family game. I gave up black widow challenge because I felt too bad killing Sims.
    Currently I'm doing three challenges, 100 baby challenge, not so berry challenge and 100 cats challenge.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    I enjoyed doing the "Collect every type of ghost" challenge. Only instead of killing sims I didn't like, I did the opposite.
    Pros:

Cons:
    Alot of sims "visiting" your household (so many ghosts interrupting my sim mid poop)
    Ghosts causing mayham (listen just cause my tv killed you doesn't mean you should destroy it for the 15th time)
    They eat EVERYTHING
    House is haunted

This sounds awesome, I'm going to see if I can find a link to rules and give it a go. Thanks for mentioning it.

I enjoy Rags to Riches but I've pretty much ran out of new ways to do it so I'm a bit bored.
    I'm 10 babies from finishing 100 Baby Challenge again. It's so dull but I have it down to an art and can complete it quickly. I use it to add new sims to my library for other saves. I added challenge to it by doing it in a 64 tile Tiny House.

The only legacy I've managed to stick to the end with was the History Challenge. The rule stipulating staying on one lot quickly kills my interest with the others. My family is generally stupid rich by gen 2 then it's just 8 more generations of the same old lot.

Looking forward to checking on this thread for challenges I haven't heard of yet.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    My favourite is the only challenge I tend to play: The Build-A-City Challenge. It's varied with a lot of building and gameplay and maxing out skills to unlock career positions and community lots. It's brilliant, especially for rotational players <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    @MissyHissy that looks interesting. I may have to try it.

My all time fave challenge was the apocalypse, but I haven't done it yet in ts4. The only one I started in this game version was a legacy challenge but didn't get far as I suddenly got enthusiastic about doing something else lol.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Vampris wrote: »
    Pros:

Cons:
    They eat EVERYTHING
    House is haunted

This sounds awesome, I'm going to see if I can find a link to rules and give it a go. Thanks for mentioning it.

I enjoy Rags to Riches but I've pretty much ran out of new ways to do it so I'm a bit bored.
    I'm 10 babies from finishing 100 Baby Challenge again. It's so dull but I have it down to an art and can complete it quickly. I use it to add new sims to my library for other saves. I added challenge to it by doing it in a 64 tile Tiny House.

The only legacy I've managed to stick to the end with was the History Challenge. The rule stipulating staying on one lot quickly kills my interest with the others. My family is generally stupid rich by gen 2 then it's just 8 more generations of the same old lot.

Looking forward to checking on this thread for challenges I haven't heard of yet.

What is the History Challenge? Because that sounds really fun to me and I would love to learn more.

My favorite challenge is the Decades challenge. It was what actually got me pulled into the game. I was bored with the game compared to the Sims 3. I love history and then when I found this challenge I dove right in. And because of it, I began enjoying the Sims 4. I have now finished ten generations and will be restarting the challenge in a new save. When I started it there was only one expansion pack, so there is a lot of stuff to make the challenge even better!
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    My fav challenge is the Upgrowth Challenge by Holliebb. I find it extremely fun and challenging.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    A challenge I've been taking on lately is going from bad to good. It's difficult, but doable.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I have played the 100 Baby Challenge a couple times but, I've got to say my favorite is the Family Man Challenge. I've played it several times between Sims 3 and Sims 4 and I always enjoy it. However, I will say it's much more chaotic in Sims 3 because if you don't sneak around well enough before you can afford the player trait, your baby mommas will show up at your house and slap you. Always fun lol.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I enjoy rags to riches and the super sim challenge. If you do the rags to riches without gardening it's hard. That last time I did it I started with a toddler so he could get the top notch thing and get do scouting. He got scholarships and become an "archaeologist" and collected everything. He only grew the stuff needed for cooking. Later in life after the riches part he became a professor, got married and had a family. The super Sim challenge is ongoing and I go back to her when new skills and jobs are added to the game. It's messed up though because I had to cure the vampirism to do the magic stuff and got bored. I did not care for the magic stuff.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the super sims challenge?
    and rags to riches
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @comicsforlife The super Sim challenge Original Creator: TheSimSupply now know as James Turner You can google it! He does rags to riches also but did not create it. It's starting your Sim out with zero $ and getting to a million or whatever your goal is without a job.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I've been playing The Sims for so long and I've never fully invested in a challenge. These sound fun. Are Decades and History two different challenges or two different names for the same challenge? I'll have to look these up!!
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I love doing Big Brother challenge based on the game show. I've done it several times.

What is the drifter challenge?
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I’ve only ever done the rags to riches and 100 baby challenge. Sadly i never finished them though.

I’m interested in trying the super sim challenge, since it would force me to use objects and gameplay features i wouldn’t use otherwise, but i haven’t decided on it yet. I also don’t wanna start and abandon yet another challenge :P
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    I just started The Everything Legacy Challenge by @CatLadySimmer

I was originally going to play a rotational game with each sim household having a different career, but when I read this challenge I thought it looked more fun to do it legacy style.

There is so much in the game that I have never tried out, this challenge looks a really fun way to do it all.

I'm having loads of fun so far.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @ThePinkBookGirl Here's a link https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/829714/beta-the-sims-4-history-challenge/p1

You start in the stone age with appropriate items and limitations and each generation is a different era. There's goals for each era.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2020
    I've tried a handful of challenges, but never actually completed any (e.g. to 10 generations). Longest has been 6 generations. I've tried the traditional Legacy, a Randomcy, the Drifter challenge (completed 4 houses worth), and a "Whimacy". Also want to try the Black Widow challenge.

I recently started coming up with an idea of my own challenge which I would call "The Notable Life Challenge", which looks similar to the "Everything Legacy" challenge. This arose when I started looking and realizing my sims were never really completing many things in the game and haven't completed all aspirations, careers, etc.

The idea of this challenge is that each heir has to complete the following in order to have a Notable life:
    1. They must complete at least one Aspiration, which after reaching YA, cannot be changed until completed.
    2. They must max at least one (10-level) skill.
    3. They must reach the top of at least one career (or maybe 5* restaurant/vet practice).
    4. They must complete at least 100 whims.
    5. They must have at least one child to continue the family legacy.
    6. They must achieve all of this within a Normal lifespan, with no cheats (maybe 1 Potion of Life is allowed, will need to test...)
    7. In order to qualify, each maxed Aspiration/Skill/Career must be different than any before. In this way, each sim/heir is "Notable." Duplicate aspirations or skills don't count toward their Notable Life.

My idea is if they don't complete these goals within their lifespan then they have failed and let down the family name and tradition (and the challenge itself has failed).

I am still thinking of how to add things like collections, University, childhood aspirations, etc. to this challenge.

Part of this is also to make a time challenge, and a motivation to use reward points, which I often don't even think about using. Anyway, I'm going to give this idea a go, and if it's too difficult or doesn't work, I'll convert it to an Everything Challenge, which also looks like a lot of fun.

Edited to add: I decided to "formalize" this challenge and have started a new save based on it. Here's the link to the challenge description.
    I just started The Everything Legacy Challenge by @CatLadySimmer

I was originally going to play a rotational game with each sim household having a different career, but when I read this challenge I thought it looked more fun to do it legacy style.

There is so much in the game that I have never tried out, this challenge looks a really fun way to do it all.

I'm having loads of fun so far.

Post edited by Pegasys on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I like the Not-So-Berry challenge a lot. One of my favorites that I'm actually working on right now!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Rags to Riches and/or Extreme Rags to Riches is still my all-time favorite challenge to play. I start every save file with this challenge unless another challenge I'm going to play has rules that won't allow it.

Second favorite would be the Asylum Challenge. I've played this challenge multiple times and have even added a few elements to make it even more challenging. For instance, I played it with all the residents having not only the erratic trait, but also paranoid and possessed. In addition, the asylum was located on the Caldera Camp lot beneath the volcano in Mua Pel'am, Sulani and I added the haunted lot trait for good measure! lol So much fun!

I also tried playing with the asylum located on the isolated beach in Mua Pel'am. Also very fun, but it didn't last long, most of the residents drowned trying to swim to shore while exhausted. o.O It was cool seeing Grim in swim goggles for the first time though and the urns bobbing around in the water on life saver rings. ;)

Other favorites have been:

Apocalypse
    Time Lord
    Runaway Teen
    Homeless Elder
    Just One Sim
    Tiny Living
    Not So Berry
    Bring Me Back to Life
    Breed Out the Ugly
    Nomad
    Free Will Experience
    Random Legacy
    I.S.B.I. (my current challenge)
    Ultimate Discover University

I've played a TON more challenges, but those stand out as my favorites to have played and these don't even take into account all the build challenges I've played and love. :)

All of these challenges can be found here on the forum if you want links with rules and details.

Happy Simming! <3
  • DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    @GogoM I felt very similarly about the 100 Baby Challenge. I was inspired to do it by Kelsey on YouTube but I burnt out like she did too... There's nothing interesting about it to me in the actual gameplay - You don't spend enough time with each kid to really get to know any personality traits, create plot lines, etc. I enjoy reading and watching them, but wouldn't do it myself.

I like Legacy challenges a lot - I've always done them. Only made it through 1 fully, but I love reading the stories, writing the stories, creating interfamilial relationships that span generations, and getting to know the family members. It's really fun for me, and feels a lot like world-building.

Back when I was playing Sims 2, I loved reading about people's experiences with the APOCALYPSE challenge, which is one of the worst and most difficult. There's a version of it for Sims 4 but I'm too scared to try.
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.