Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling potions in retail shop

Has anyone done this and actually been able to make money from it? Apart from the normal retail struggles where I can spend 24 hours with maybe only 1 sale, the prices are very low ( 13 simoleons ) If you have been able to make money fromt his I'd be happy to hear from you :)

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Agreed, and what is even worse: the potions from Outdoor Retreat are still not sellable at all.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Agreed, and what is even worse: the potions from Outdoor Retreat are still not sellable at all.

Oh wow! I have never used the potions from OR but that is a shame. I hope they will give it the same treatment as RoM potions.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I have a shop, but I couldn't make money from this. Selling potions is just not worth the investment, even if you Copypasto everything, because they sell for so little. Potion shops work better as unowned shops, so sims can buy stuff and have the store restock on its own.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I have a shop, but I couldn't make money from this. Selling potions is just not worth the investment, even if you Copypasto everything, because they sell for so little. Potion shops work better as unowned shops, so sims can buy stuff and have the store restock on its own.

oh, how does that work? I made a bakery once which remained unowned but it was never open, so I always thought they had to be owned to work.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited February 2020
    RavenSpit wrote: »

oh, how does that work? I made a bakery once which remained unowned but it was never open, so I always thought they had to be owned to work.

To make an unowned shop work, you have to let it be owned a least one time by a random Sim of your choice who sets the items for sale. After this save the shop to your library or the gallery. Now you can download it into every savegame and it will always run immediately. Goods will always be restocked and food will always be fresh every time you enter the lot.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @alanmichael1 oh, cool! Thank you :)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member

To make an unowned shop work, you have to let it be owned a least one time by a random Sim of your choice who sets the items for sale. After this save the shop to your library or the gallery. Now you can download it into every savegame and it will always run immediately. Goods will always be restocked and food will always be fresh every time you enter the lot.

Thank you for this very useful information.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited March 2020
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Thank you for this very useful information.

Oh never mind! My reading comprehension has apparently gone out the window and decided to treat itself to a night out for some fun leaving me behind asking stupid questions about things already written soo plainly :neutral:
    Post edited by Stina1701A on