Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Great job @MonaSolstraale
    @wendyology roofs can be a pain :( I would love to help but I haven't experimented with skylights much. I'm on vacation right now, but now when I get home I want to play around with it ;)
  • Options
    wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    edited February 2020
    @JojoMOMSTER I played with a southwestern half wall/roof ornament but it's a very specific size that didn't work with this house. For now I've made my peace with a few ceiling tiles showing, like it's a courtyard that's been covered.

@AlJay I guess it will come down to the play testing. Wait for a stormy day and see if any puddles form. Do sims still do an unhappy "It's raining in my house" thought bubble?
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Challenge Number: 4
    Origin ID: Aliana101
    Gallery Name of Build:The Old Mission•Basegame
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2809A023517411EA80EE56A050AF8D5F
    Link to slideshow:https://imgur.com/a/g9Fcg3E
    Additional Notes:
    Sales pitch - The derelict Old Mission in Oasis Springs has been revamped and converted to a beautiful modern 4 bedroom family home.
    It has an open plan living/kitchen, laundry, gym & garage, and the garden is designed for the whole family to enjoy spending time together with bbq entertaining deck, kids play area, pool and hot tub.

Building notes - For last months challenge I tried my first ever base game only build - I've gotten reasonably comfortable with base game starters since then so I thought there would be a nice flow if I used this months challenge to try and expand that to a building a BIG base game only home....oh my goodness it's certainly a challenge on a different level! With all those rooms to fill I kept looking for items only to realise that no, that doesn't even exist in base game! :D
    I mostly kept to the blueprint, a couple of areas that I couldn't quite make work (the master bath/WIC area for one) and I took a couple of liberties with the plan - made the great room/kitchen one room and claimed some extra space for the shared bathroom upstairs. The two upstairs bedrooms became a teen boy den (blue and dimly lit) and a bold tween room (red and black as chosen and built by my tween!), and I converted the extra area over the garage to a study and a fourth bedroom for a young child (there is a ladder in there up to the roof storage space that got added as part of my roofing, I promise the hatch is locked and you child sim is safe ;) )
    I've been practicing with TOOL and watching some tutorials, so I've tried some new things in this build but anything MOO'd has been thoroughly playtested and all works perfectly.
    Uses beautiful NoCC art by #juwels64 and #Bella2222452 and was made with MOO but places perfectly without

Huge amounts of fun with this build, thank you for the challenge @AlJay :)<3

Space for Pictures:

yTcCDYn.png

OEtdh97.jpg
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member

@AliSim19 It's a really good and different solution B)
    I love the golden colors <3
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Old Mission is a lovely family home! @AliSim19 :) It is great that it is base game only! Very nice exterior design, roof tower, arch windows and warm colour! The glass roofing over the great rook is very nice.The water fountain features are very pretty! Very lovely backyard and back patio areas! The corner hot tub, pool and flower bed area is lovely! Kids will have fun playing on the pirate ship, swings and in the sandpit. Very nice outdoors dining, fireplace sitting area and chess area. The furnishing of the interior is very lovely! The colour scheme of the living areas is very beautifully warm and calming! The bedrooms colours, designs, items on the shelves in the rooms are very lovely! The toddlers room with the soft toys is cute! Very detailed furnishing of each area! The great room areas are lovely! The kitchen design is very nice! It looks great how the wall cabinets have been placed to form the nooks. Very nice fireplace sofa seats tv watching area.Very nice nook area with the gym items.
    It is a very lovely mission style home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @MonaSolstraale and @rosemow :) I remain in awe of your eye for detail rosemow, and you are lightening fast!! Thank you <3
  • Options
    Wow! @AliSim19 I love what you have done!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    @AliSim19 That is incredible! I am blown away by your gorgeous work both inside and out. :love: And it's such a creative use of the blueprint layout.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @AliSim19 Wow, beautiful work! I love all the creative touches like the outdoor fireplace (I feel boring for using that chimney piece as a chimney). A lovely southwestern style build.
  • Options
    @AlJay @GlacierSnow & @wendyology Thank you so much! I’m always a little unsure when I take something in a different direction.....obviously I love it, it’s my baby - but I’m never 100% sure that I’m not seeing it through googly new mother eyes! Your wow feedback made me a very happy bunny 😊 <3

Just had a quick scan at entires so far...

@breanna206 Looks good from your pics and the gallery! I’ll look forward to your slideshow and download for a better look when I get chance

@AlJay As ever, sooo beautiful! Your eye for colour continually amazes me and makes me smile 😊 love that you got that Spa Day chandelier in there, I knew it would be perfect, and I think my other fav bit is what you did with the kitchen...very clever and totally effective <3

@shakerella This is so homey, the whole feels like just what you called it, a properly traditional family home! :) So impressed you managed to keep the kitchen to plan and fit a table in the breakfast room, that totally defeated me! Lovely job :)

@MonaSolstraale So much detail and so very lovely! That artist photography/painting room is an awesome idea, stunning! And your landscaping is lovely, very nicely done :)

@wendyology Trying to get a roof I liked is what lead me to my build theme lol, so complicated! I really like your skylight though, I hope it doesn’t leak! 🤞🤞

• Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @MonaSolstraale Love the outdoors. You are great at landscaping. The kids rooms really pop! Really nice home!

@AliSim19 Awesome job sticking to base game. I tried once to do that. It is way too hard!! Your home is totally different than I could have ever imagined with this blueprint! You fit so much in too! Love it!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Origin ID: MikkiMikkiMikkiM
    Gallery Name of Build: ArtLovers Family Home
    Gallery Link:
    Link to slideshow:

Additional Notes: OK, so this is my first time in this challenge and I hope I did everything right! I had some issues reading the blueprint's smaller text, so I don't know if I got all the rooms right. I also added a wall in the garage to create a sauna, and I'm not sure if that's allowed? I think this house is best viewed when downloaded and placed in the game, so you can browse through it on your own, because I added a lot of detail I wasn't able to capture in the screenshots, because I don't know how to do good screenshots :smile:

Space for Pictures:

IgxZh4Z.png

To8n25P.png
  • Options
    ArtLovers Family Home is lovely! @MikkiMikkiMikkiM :) Very nice exterior textures of home and the pool area under the tree is very nice. The outdoors dining and bbq patio with the pretty flowers and string lights is great to enjoy dining outside in the air. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The design of each room is very nice! Very nice sauna and hot tub room. The colours of the kids bedroom and the patterned flooring are pretty! The heart teddy is cute! Very nice home theatre area with stylish red sofa and black marble flooring! Very nice windows dining alcove to enjoy eating meals in the sunshine. The brick wall texture gives a very nice look and feel to the area. Very nice piano nook corner to enjoy playing the piano. The brown and black master bedroom colours are very nice.
    It is a very lovely family home :)
  • Options
    Thanks for joining in on the challenge @MikkiMikkiMikkiM Your house looks very nice! Minor changes to the blueprint are fine, I kinda think garages are a free for all anyway :)
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM This is beautiful! I really like the rustic homey feel with bricks and wood textures in the big main room area. And the combo sauna/hot tub room is lovely.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2020
    Origin ID: Cheekyimp
    Gallery Name of Build:Blueprint challenge
    Gallery Link: Here
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/Pi8889O

Notes: I did this at the start of the month and kept meaning to do screenshots but the month escaped me, but better late than never! I envisaged a well travelled family who have finally settled down lived here, the home is filled with mementos of their travels and they like to keep their home feeling fresh with lots of plants. I really like the final result!

aJj3J5U.png
    wI6Z5Vt.png

Post edited by Cheekyimp on
  • Options
    Blueprint Challenge is a very lovely family home! @Cheekyimp :) Very nice brick texture and greenery on home edges! Great pool and outdoor dining patio! It is great there is a woodworking table in the garage for Sims to enjoy crafting. They will have fun playing ping pong,The interior furnishings are lovely! Very nice green colour scheme. Very nice sofa seat sitting area to enjoy watching tv and reading books. The windowed dining room is very nice for Sims to enjoy dining in the sunlight. The flowers are pretty on the table. Very nice kitchen design! The wall tiling is lovely! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The patterned floor rugs are very nice.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    The link that you posted has an extra http in it which causes a little problem accessing the build.
    This link works though
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/64C2F8F345E711EA883BC1604AA7A836?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=cheekyimp&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    @rosemow So it does, I've changed it, and thank you for your kind comments as always!
  • Options
    Your house looks beautiful @Cheekyimp
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    This is a spacious family home plan with so many possibilities. The interpretations here are all beautiful & skillfully done. The gallery is definitely richer for the round of blueprint builds.
  • Options
    This has been a fun challenge! I envision sporty, well-travelled parents, a goth teen and a bright cheery child in this house.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/40E1AE5857E411EA8C15F3BE3F5E93AB
    https://imgur.com/a/5O19ChH
    MtGeRkr.png
    7ok0HwD.png
  • Options
    BB4 Spanish style Family is a lovely home! @wendyology :) The Spanish style exterior is very nice and lovely outdoors areas! The outdoors dining, pool and hot tub patio is very nice! The flowers there and on the corner with the swings, and on the edges of the home are very pretty! Sims will have fun playing basketball. Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The floor rugs are nice touches in the rooms and the room colours are lovely. It is great there are fitness items in the garage for the Sims to use to keep fit. The blue and yellow colour of the kids bedroom is lovely! The sun prints on the wall and the circular floor rug look very nice together. The cat is cute! Very nice study room with the easel,chess table and study desk to enjoy using the computer.
    It is a very nice family home! :)
  • Options
    @wendyology your Spanish style home looks great!
  • Options
    @rosemow @AlJay Thank you! This one was a lot of fun to do.
  • Options
    nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Origin ID: nucleonide
    Gallery Name of Build: Chalk Point
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F8267FF15A2411EA8A5891AF13390B02
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/0S5DMUR

oKFp31X.jpg

cHwUoQi.jpg

This is the complete opposite of my BB3 entry; this time, I used ALL the packs (I own) and I used as much Simeoleons I could. Made this in Del Sol Valley (where the lighting is terrible, but the views are great :smiley:). Took extra care with the landscaping, and this is the most I used `bb.moveobjects` in any build I've made. Enjoy! :)
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top