Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging up the neighborhood

JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
Hi guys! I have the sims 2 complete collection on MAC. And I had a question. In this complete collection there are a few EP's missing. But I remember in my head 10 years ago when I had all the EP'S on my windows pc you could age up townies with the EP free time (?). For example: Your teenager in your household has a boyfriend, when you age her up by blowing out the candles, a window would pop up with your teen acquaintances who you can also age up with you.

is this correct? Because this was back then my favorite feature, or was it all a dream?

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Yes, Freetime gives you the option to age up Townies with your Sims. You weren't dreaming or hallucinating. :D;)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited February 2020
    Do you have the other features of Freetime (secondary aspirations, aspiration perks, lifetime satisfaction, sewing machine, pottery etc.)? If yes, then it might be a bug.

Stupid question, are you sure your sim's boyfriend is a townie? Because if he were a sim living in a house (or still in the family bin), he wouldn't show up in the birthday cake menu. Housed sims need to age up by the player. Edit: I'm not sure about teenaged cashiers and newspaper delivery teens. I know I can send them to college to age them, but don't remember if they appear in the birthday cake menu or not.

Sorry, didn't know they left out two packs on Mac.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Do you have the other features of Freetime (secondary aspirations, aspiration perks, lifetime satisfaction, sewing machine, pottery etc.)? If yes, then it might be a bug.

Stupid question, are you sure your sim's boyfriend is a townie? Because if he were a sim living in a house (or still in the family bin), he wouldn't show up in the birthday cake menu. Housed sims need to age up by the player. Edit: I'm not sure about teenaged cashiers and newspaper delivery teens. I know I can send them to college to age them, but don't remember if they appear in the birthday cake menu or not.

The Sims 2 Complete Collection for the Mac does not have the last two expansion packs. So she does not have Freetime or Apartment Life.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Use boolprop to get the Sim Modder. Invite some Sims over (townies like Goopy or whoever) Click on Sim Modder (baby) Set to Birthday, the pie menu will say set to birthday me or another Sim. As long as they are on the lot you can set them to the age you want them. Don't be tempted to set Sims back to a younger age, though, it causes corruption. But it's ok to set townies and others to the next age up level. Hope that helps.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.