Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your most recent fails

2...Next

Comments

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Two of my fails involve the nefarious wishing well.

1. My lonely vampire wished for his soul mate. He was a young adult, decent looking, great nose. She popped out. Older than the hills. It helped actually with game interest to have this young gothic male suddenly unable to stop himself from granny stalking.
    2. Sim wishes for a longer life. The well turns them into a ghost! Thanks well!

The other involved a wedding arch.

Madly in love sim getting married when a non commital sim walks straight into the ceremony and offers her a rose. The groom is fuming, but they get married anyway and it all ends in tears! Genuine in game drama!
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I failed getting into the Secret Society with a sim. It's probably a spoiler
    Being under the impression that she needed to befriend the members I did exactly that and then waited night upon night upon night to get abducted just like in Sims 2... Nothing happened. I had seen the option to donate collectables at the statue in the courtyard, but assumed it was for grades only, never made the connection between that and the Society. Now that sim has finished uni and missed her chance.

I thought you could study more than one career
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I had sent Cassandra Goth to Britechester University, and her first term she moved into the 4-student house. The game assigned her three male roommates. At first, I was content to simply lock her room, and leave the odd roommate out to sleep on the couch. Starting a save, I decided, "I know - I'll just evict them temporarily, fix the house so it's a 3 bed room for the guys upstairs, and Cass can have her single below."

Evicted the household.

Edited the house.

Went to "Manage Households" to put them back in. Nope. University housing is for enrolled students only! Evicting the household un-enrolled Cassandra. I had to quit without saving. Then, I looked up the cheat to edit on-campus housing as though it were an ordinary home, and did it that way.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited January 2020
    Started with three female Sims. One is an unflirty geek (and a scientist).
    Thought she hit it off with a townie named Riya. They are sooo cute together actually.
    When I split the original flat/household up (one moving in with Bob Pancakes, her boyfriend and one moving to an apartment), this scientist moved in with Riya.

Fail comes in where Riya has the kleptomaniac (okay, no real biggie) and the unflirty traits. Ever tried to get two unflirty Sims together? Had a lovely summer holiday (kinda based on Fourth of July), but every time I tried some light flirting, instant embarrassment. Luckily they have two seperate bedrooms (made that mistake with a previous couple).

Looking for an excuse to give Riya a retraiting potion to rectify the situation.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited January 2020
    Here’s another for this thread. I happen to see that I was the last to have posted too.
    Anyway, I move Bob and Breanna into Pique Hearth. It is a recoloured/redecorated version I shared to the gallery from a previous save. Also messed with the bedrooms to reflect that it’s a new couple living here now.

Anyone recall the kitchen cabinets/counters made into a large entertainment (TV) unit in the Pancakes house? Well, Bob has come home from work and woken up bored stiff. I try to get him to go watch TV. He does the “I cannot get there” routing error complaint.

I go into build mode, move the TV, try again. No.
    I put TV into their inventory and back. Nope.
    I sell TV and replace with a different version. Still no go. What gives? I know this has worked before.
    I try a bench top, rather than wall TV, which even involves adjusting the height. Bob STILL won’t go get entertained.
    THAT is when I realise that there are somehow no doors/arches into the living room anymore. :# Ops.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    I had one just last night, again with Matty Modano, although it's not so much him having an epic fail as it is my brain. Probably because it was time for bed. :D

I have Matty in the Writer Career, and he's been promoted to level 8, Investigative Journalist. When he got home from work, he had the uncomfortable moodlet for needing a day off. I go to try to take a vacation day, but the option doesn't show up on the phone. I frantically start looking online for anything that mentions any recent bugs that caused "Take Vacation Day" to not be visible on the phone. I close and restart the game two or three times... All while still searching for anything that discusses the problem I'm having. I come across an old thread here that mentions that the option is on the phone the day of work. I look at Matty's work schedule... I forgot that he now has Fridays off since being promoted to Investigative Journalist. I headed off to bed after that. :D
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I was playing around with Discover University for the first time, and I was on the last day before the first term ended. Then my game crashed, and i hadn't saved a thing!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    I was making unique characters. Working on them for hours. Tried the normal play check-mark. Didn't work. Then trying to save them to library, or exit the game. It didn't work. Had to reboot the game. :( I'll have to start over from scratch.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Turns out pregnant sims can die. Don't try it.
    banner.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @SquirrelTail15 How did your pregnant sim die? :o
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    edited February 2020
    Well, since I installed DU I discovered that I can’t rotate households unless I

A) Want my presentation board to disappear
    B ) Want my Sims to fail their exams despite doing all of their homework
    C) The exams to randomly occur while there is still 4-5 days left in my semester
    D) The nice surprise of losing all my previous semesters and starting all over again

I learned this the hard way... four times in a row.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited February 2020
    @SquirrelTail15 How did your pregnant sim die? :o

Embarrassment. My friend had one die of fire last week, though.

Edited because I can't spell, apparently.
    banner.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @Peppermix I am currently play testing a life path challenge I wrote that requires rotational play between two households. The rhythm to the to rotation that switches Sunday 8 am is when playing the non uni family, go early Saturday morning and enroll the uni SIMs, go back to the non uni family until Sunday am then switch to the uni SIMs. This way their term is M to F. Marks post Friday evening. I then rotate out Sunday Morning and they sit out school while I am with the other family. Leaving a family at any time during the school term is asking for trouble.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Started with three female Sims. One is an unflirty geek (and a scientist).
    Thought she hit it off with a townie named Riya. They are sooo cute together actually.
    When I split the original flat/household up (one moving in with Bob Pancakes, her boyfriend and one moving to an apartment), this scientist moved in with Riya.

Fail comes in where Riya has the kleptomaniac (okay, no real biggie) and the unflirty traits. Ever tried to get two unflirty Sims together? Had a lovely summer holiday (kinda based on Fourth of July), but every time I tried some light flirting, instant embarrassment. Luckily they have two seperate bedrooms (made that mistake with a previous couple).

Looking for an excuse to give Riya a retraiting potion to rectify the situation.

Reminds me of the times I've tried to get chummy with Vlad so my sim can get turned to a vampire by him, learn from him, and eventually move into his awesome house with him. But it seemed as if nothing would win him over and could only maintain a bit of green friendliness. Finally I learned he is a Loner, which alone makes things difficult to get to know someone as of course Loner sims get uncomfortable around people they are not friends with. But when you couple that with Uncontrollable Hissing, that makes it nigh impossible to get to be friends with Vlad(as that takes away friendship every time it happens).
    Well played, Sims. Well played.
  • DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2020
    Killed Vlad the vampire after he woohooed my Sim in an observatory outside. Decided to not read and ruined my immediate ugly Legacy plans.

I've literally spent 4 chapters of my Legacy trying to resurrect the guy. UGH. VLAD.
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.