Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Do you ever just sit there and be disappointed in yourself because you haven't gotten enough done that day 🙃
    I'm making my brothers birthday cake today.
    I'm so excited, the reduced cost spay clinic finally called me back! The kittens are getting the snip March 11th.

Prepare yourselves, I will be a wreck.

That's my other brothers birthday.

Be sure to tell him, I'm sure he'll really appreciate that. :joy:

Sleepy kitty pictures.

Your wish is my command.

RLethvB.jpg

lE5lKOM.jpg
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Do you ever just sit there and be disappointed in yourself because you haven't gotten enough done that day 🙃

Absolutely. But it's not a healthy mentality to get into, so lately, I've been trying to remind myself that everyone has off days or days where they just chill and decompress. It's good for you to have days like that, actually. Instead, I try to be proud of what I did get done, and remind myself I'm not a lesser person because I didn't finish purging my closet in one day or I wanted to engage in a passive hobby (ie watching TV) instead of an active one (ie knitting). This is especially important when you suffer from depression, because it's easy to be hard on yourself for not being like "other people" when the reality is even getting out of bed can be a challenge.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Sorry to interrupt all of this with today's Q Q is:
    What is something you miss a lot?

I just really miss simple movies back then in the mid 2000's. Like Freaky Friday? So fun! That guitar solo scene still gives me goosebumps until today. They don't make movies like this no more. :(
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Open the spoiler for me being real, otherwise I hope you have a good Saturday evening. ☕
    I miss my ex best friend. We went on a trip together (sort of, it's take to long to explain the exact situation) and she was being selfish most of the trip and then she did something really stupid and crossed a major boundary for me, so I asked her to leave the motel I was staying at (she had somewhrere to go, I'm not a monster) so I could be angry and process my feelings, but she elected to go nuclear act like I was at fault and block me on all social media, as well as my phone number and have her husband and best friend block me too. I never heard from her again. It will be 5 years this August. And then stuff got really bad for me and it really would have been nice to have her support. But we're well past the point of no return now. And it just really stinks. She was the best friend I ever had.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Absolutely. But it's not a healthy mentality to get into, so lately, I've been trying to remind myself that everyone has off days or days where they just chill and decompress. It's good for you to have days like that, actually. Instead, I try to be proud of what I did get done, and remind myself I'm not a lesser person because I didn't finish purging my closet in one day or I wanted to engage in a passive hobby (ie watching TV) instead of an active one (ie knitting). This is especially important when you suffer from depression, because it's easy to be hard on yourself for not being like "other people" when the reality is even getting out of bed can be a challenge.

I try to remind myself of it but it gets really hard. I have a lot of projects I work on (story/writing projects mainly, things I do enjoy doing) and I've recently been trying to implement goals for time management (which I don't think is bad as long as I'm not overworking myself) but it's come with the side effect of, if I don't get everything completed I beat myself up for it. I've already been doing this for a while though and it's become increasingly harder to break out of it... 😟

I just really miss simple movies back then in the mid 2000's. Like Freaky Friday? So fun! That guitar solo scene still gives me goosebumps until today. They don't make movies like this no more. :(

I miss when I was younger and things were easier and I wasn't dealing with mental burdens.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...

I try to remind myself of it but it gets really hard. I have a lot of projects I work on (story/writing projects mainly, things I do enjoy doing) and I've recently been trying to implement goals for time management (which I don't think is bad as long as I'm not overworking myself) but it's come with the side effect of, if I don't get everything completed I beat myself up for it. I've already been doing this for a while though and it's become increasingly harder to break out of it... 😟

Well, what if you made more general goals? Like 'Today I want to spend an hour working on my Sim's lit.' instead of 'I want to finish 10,000 words a day'? Or another option is focusing on fewer projects.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Open the spoiler for me being real, otherwise I hope you have a good Saturday evening. ☕
    I miss my ex best friend. We went on a trip together (sort of, it's take to long to explain the exact situation) and she was being selfish most of the trip and then she did something really stupid and crossed a major boundary for me, so I asked her to leave the motel I was staying at (she had somewhrere to go, I'm not a monster) so I could be angry and process my feelings, but she elected to go nuclear act like I was at fault and block me on all social media, as well as my phone number and have her husband and best friend block me too. I never heard from her again. It will be 5 years this August. And then stuff got really bad for me and it really would have been nice to have her support. But we're well past the point of no return now. And it just really stinks. She was the best friend I ever had.
    Aw. :( I'm sorry about that. But I'm sure you will be able to find an even more awesome best friend next time! :)

I miss when I was younger and things were easier and I wasn't dealing with mental burdens.

Me too. ^^
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Putting off watching the end of Gravity Falls, because I don't want the series to end. even though I've already watched it 50 billion times.

Aw. :( I'm sorry about that. But I'm sure you will be able to find an even more awesome best friend next time! :)
    hopefully! although it's frickin hard to make friends as an adult 😕
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited February 2020
    Putting off watching the end of Gravity Falls, because I don't want the series to end. even though I've already watched it 50 billion times.

hopefully! although it's frickin hard to make friends as an adult 😕
    Ya, I know right...? And then when you feel like a good friendship starting, there's a thought in your brain where it tells you that person probably already has other friends, so why bother?

Also, I made mushroom gravy and biscuits today. I diced the mushrooms with a knife. :D I'm so proud of myself. Hahah. My mom actually offered me to use scissors, but I was like, "NO. I need to know which hand I use to hold the knife and be a real adult!" It's my left hand, by the way. Tho I think I would be perfectly fine with my right since both hands are noobs anyway. I actually sliced a bit my thumb's nail too. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif

Well, what if you made more general goals? Like 'Today I want to spend an hour working on my Sim's lit.' instead of 'I want to finish 10,000 words a day'? Or another option is focusing on fewer projects.

Fewer projects would definitely be smarter of me. But I'm really ambitious and have a slight attachment problem with my characters so that likely won't happen... 😅
    I never thought of making more general goals, though.. I have always set stuff like "you have to write x words a day" but then if I end up being unable to focus right or get the right quality it makes me stressed. I'll definitely try that ☺️
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

I miss having my mom in the next room so I could simply walk over and talk to her for hours and get all the life advice I need. With school as overwhelming as it is, I miss being closer to home where I can have mom close by 😔
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!

Fewer projects would definitely be smarter of me. But I'm really ambitious and have a slight attachment problem with my characters so that likely won't happen... 😅
    I never thought of making more general goals, though.. I have always set stuff like "you have to write x words a day" but then if I end up being unable to focus right or get the right quality it makes me stressed. I'll definitely try that ☺️

I hope that helps. If not, come back and we'll try to brainstorm something else. :smile:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

I'm sorry, Minty, that sounds difficult. I hope you find someone who makes you happy and you can call your nee best friend.

Snow.
    unknown.png
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I hurt my back recently. Makes life pretty annoying.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/

I hope that helps. If not, come back and we'll try to brainstorm something else. :smile:

I will. Thank you :)

I feel you. Back problems are the worst.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...

I'm sorry, Minty, that sounds difficult. I hope you find someone who makes you happy and you can call your nee best friend.
    thank you :heart:

Do you have a heating pad to put on it? If so, what kind?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

I know the feeling, Minty. I'm sorry that happened to you. It sounds like you dodged a bullet
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

Snow.

Come here. We have toooooo much of it!!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!

Yeah, I know that feeling. As you know.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    citysimmer wrote: »

I know the feeling, Minty. I'm sorry that happened to you. It sounds like you dodged a bullet

That's true. Thank you for your kind words. :heart:

Did your new bed not help?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Yeah, it did. But I think it was my posture while I draw. I changed it back to how it was before and now my back is better. But my posture while I sit down and use my laptop still makes it hurt a bit so now I gotta try to remember how my posture was like before. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif

Yeah, it did. But I think it was my posture while I draw. I changed it back to how it was before and now my back is better. But my posture while I sit down and use my laptop still makes it hurt a bit so now I gotta try to remember how my posture was like before. 😂

Do you think a different chair and/or desk would help?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited February 2020

Do you think a different chair and/or desk would help?

No. (You're probably gonna kill me for saying this but I actually use my laptop on my bed). 😂 And don't ask me to go buy chair and a desk. I don't have space in my room for a chair. I only have those type of tall stools with no back rest so I rather just sit on my bed where I can lean against the wall. I just need to figure out why it hurts for me now. 😂 The only thing I remember is nowadays I tend to put my bolster up against the wall and I lean on it, thinking that it will cushion my back nicely, but it seems like it's doing the opposite. LOL. So maybe I can try to stop doing that and see if it gets better. Hahaa.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited February 2020
    Liam is being a brat.

Apparently, censors are no longer censoring with plum, but :heart:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Liam is being a brat.

Apparently, censors are no longer censoring with plum, but :heart:

Maybe they did that for Valentine's Day.
    FwDXXd5.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top