Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which themes you want for those 2020 packs?

I think its a fun thing to do, to speculate what the new year has to offer for us and I thought about a pack line up that could happen this year, but only 2 packs are know so far (both Stuff Packs), so... what are your ideas on the list next and when do you think they'll be released?
  1. Stuff Pack 01: Tiny Living
  2. Stuff Pack 02: Community Voted "Knitting" SP
  3. Game Pack 01:
  4. Game Pack 02:
  5. Expansion Pack 01:
  6. Expansion Pack 02:

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    For me it would go like this:
    1. Tiny Living Stuff Pack on January
    2. Family-Related Game Pack on March/April (including the Imaginary Friends)
    3. Farming Expansion Pack on June
    4. Knitting Stuff Pack on August
    5. Fairies or Werewolves Game Pack on October
    6. Staged Performances/Musical Career Expansion Pack or Winter Wonderland/Snow Vacation on November

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I expect 2 EPs. I'm thinking one will be farming since it's been highly requested. I hope for a Generations EP since it's also been highly requested and is very much needed. I'd prefer for Generations to be the summer EP and farming to be in November.

For GPs I'd like to see hobbies, but I can never guess with these. No idea of a date. I've been expecting another Feb GP, but maybe one could be done in March if nothing is announced this week.

I'm guessing the knitting SP will be released between Aug-Oct since the final vote is in Apr.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited February 2020
    Farming, horses, sustainability, romance and family.

Winter wonderland with hotels in december or early next year.
    Post edited by M1ss_Plumbum on
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    I'm thinking it could go like this:

- "Farming" GP in March (rural world, chicken, cows, crops)
    - "Mountain Living" EP in November (snowy/moutain world, winter activities, hotel management)

Then, I think a "Generations" type EP (june) would be a great opportunity to add a lot of fan requested stuffs: improved babies, cars, bunk beds, proms, more activities for kids and elders, hobbies...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited February 2020
    For Gamepacks I'd like to see Resorts and a Romance Pack. For Expansions I want to see Themeparks and an Alpine Vacation Pack.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited February 2020
    Okay, I'll bite... This is based on what I want, not rumors, guesses, Guru hints, etc. Also not providing a timeline.

Stuff Packs - gonna skip this. We got Tiny Living already, and Knitting should be available sometime in early fall.

Game Pack 01 - Into the Woods - Fairytale themed with Werewolves and Faeries, each having smaller perk trees than Vampires/Spellcasters (12-15 each) and a handful of occult specific interactions, but a decent variety of customization options in CAS. Comes with another tiny 5 lot "secluded" world like Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow. Rustic/faux Tudor aesthetic for Build/Buy that works well with what we got in Outdoor Retreat, Seasons, and Get Together.

Game pack 02 - Top of the world - Asia (Tibet) themed vacation world, with a lot of snow and winter activities, mostly mountain related. Yeti included. Also includes a hidden mountain retreat where it isn't snowy.

Expansion Pack 01 - On Tour - Cars, a "Route 66" type small town world (similar to Strangerville, but more Midwest Farm Country (think Hawkins from Stranger Things) than Southwest, and without the plot weirdness - but still weird) This would be paired with Bands, vans and buses, and include a bunch of new music instrument options, plus some new venue types specifically for performing gigs. Farm Country aesthetic crashing full on into Rocker aesthetic.

Expansion Pack 02 - Llamaland - Theme park that isn't at all a thinly veiled parody/homage to the House of Mouse </sarcasm> Hotels, possibly hotel management. One hotel "neighborhood" one tiny livable neighborhood, and three theme park "land" neighborhoods with buildable and non-buildable attraction lots. No, I'm not sure what the themes would be for these "lands" that isn't already covered.

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I'd really love to finally get an occult EP, bringing us a new occult lifestate (although they will be less in depth) and a bigger occult world and occult careers (psychic, grim reaper, ghost hunter), pretty much Happy Haunts but bigger since it'll be an EP.

I like a farming EP or GP if it comes with interactable animals (more than chickens please, like sheep, cows) cause the animal part I'd like and we haven't gotten any new animals for a long time (console doesn't even have the MFPSP).

A romance or a dancing pack would be cool, either one could include couples dancing (slow and fast), I'd also be interested in more romantic interactions (with new animations, like holding hands) and/or new types of dancing like ballet.

Anything including a permanent winter location (I guess a ski resort or something like that would fit best)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Arsenic174Arsenic174 Posts: 4 New Member
    Honestly...I feel that ghosts have nothing to do in game, I just wish they had more special abilities like;
    -possessing human sims
    -binding them to specific places or sims
    I mean come on!!!
  • Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
    Fairies or Werewolves very suitable with farming pack.
    @Zulf_12 I think they'll focus on the horses/pets like they did in Cats & Dogs.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I honestly feel as though a Farming EP is overdue based on the community constantly asking for it for the last 10+ years. 😂

I don't even see why they've been reluctant to do this given it would effectively hybridise elements from Seasons and Pets style packs. It would also be interesting to see a more rural type neighbourhood which could have very large lots to accommodate farming spaces.

I think that I would welcome something which could expand the functionality of community lots so that you can have functional cinemas, malls, arcades etc which could easily tie into a retail/business ownership pack.

One of my frustrations has a builder is when designing larger multi-use lots is that business owner Sims can't just own one of those units along with others living in the world. The constraints of the game never really make me feel like we can build and use the game in a more realistic way.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    How about a proper new Sims game rather than just recycled content all the time?

And by a new game I mean something that can actually manage new content. All of the cool ideas people have for TS4 always seem to be 'impractical' for TS4.

Time to move on now
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • heyrobertoheyroberto Posts: 47 Member
    Something futuristic
    5zUb897.jpg

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I more or less agree with your predictions:

1. Jan - Tiny Living SP
    2. Mar - Vacation GP (hoping for a romantic Mediterranean theme)
    3. Jun - Farming EP
    4. Aug - Knitting SP
    5. Sep - Band or Hobbies GP
    6. Nov - Winter Resort EP
    If we get a farming pack it think it will be a game pack and not an expansion as it would rely on the already existing gardening features. I don’t think there would be enough new gameplay for an EP, I guess they could fit some occults in there but I hope they don’t.
    I wish they keep that trend of separate packs for occults, this way people who have no interest in them can just skip those.
    edited February 2020
    @mimilu04 Its impossible for them to add horses, cows, pigs, chickens, new harvestables, a big world full of big lots, a bunch of craftable stuff (like canning, jam making, composting, etc) + off-the-grid gameplay/objects in a GP.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Themeparks all the way baby.
    @Karon I don't believe they are gonna go full "Farm Living", I think that it might instead be: small world (but with big lots to accommodate farms), a few new harvestable, a couple of farm animals (prob. chicken and cows, as pigs are a bit more controversial) and one or two side features (e.g. canning).
    But I could be completely wrong of course! :p
    edited February 2020
    @mimilu04 there's already horse coding inside the game right now, they will never sell a new pet in a game pack. unless... they do... don't know, i can be wrong too, but honestly... I feel that a Farm Gamepack isn't the case.
  • silcosilco Posts: 2 New Member
    more occult game pack.
    i'm desperately want more supernatural being: faeries, werewolves, zombies, bigfoot, mummies (all the real ones, not costumes).
    want those mysterious, weird and funny creatures to be added, like there used to be in the past games.
    also want burglar, police and firefighter to be back with generation kind of game pack.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Stuff Pack 01: Tiny Living
    Stuff Pack 02: Community Voted "Knitting" SP
    Game Pack 01: Amusement Park or Medieval Time Travel
    Game Pack 02: Werewolves
    Expansion Pack 01:Farming
    Expansion Pack 02: Winter/romantic themed pack.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    @Karon I think it’s possible that horses may be coming not as pets (meaning not part of the household, less developed than in TS3), but rather farm animals that can be used as mean of transportation and that you have to take minimum care of (feed, clean), I think this version could fit in a game pack.
    Again pure speculation on my part :) .
    edited February 2020
    @mimilu04 oh, gosh... that would be awful! hahaha I hope thats not the case... imagine the backlash!
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Stuff pack: tiny living (love it!)
    Stuff pack: Festival Fun
    It probably won't happen but I'd really like to see the seasons used immersively as they were in Sims 3, where you have winterfest, ocktoberfest ect, Maybe with a haunted house as the gp object or perhaps Slow Dance to celebrate Love Day.

Game Pack Werewolves. I want my sims to give birth to puppies not children and I want them to have a litter. I also don't want them biting and turning everyone into werewolves without my say so, but please werewolves and body hair, pretty please...Please!

Game Pack: Winter retreat with snowboarding and hot chocolate machine, preferably in a small world where it's always winter and you can take your Sims ski-ing....style Swiss Alps.

Expansion Pack: Farming! I'd love to keep chickens and goats, lets face it stick horns on a dog the frame for a goat is there. I'd also like it to incorporate a very rustic, shabby chic theme and off the grid activities such as canning, nectar making and ideally large plots set in a Italian style world with no gyms thrown in for good measure. I'd also like to see a working farmers market for this in a small, rustic town square.

Expansion Pack: Generations, we need this pack. We need more things for toddlers, children, teens, parents, grandparents to do and more interactions with each other. it's time this game became more than just a lonerfest where they'll talk to the kids and do homework with them, but they don't play silly games or playfully nudge their kids, or embarrass their teens. I want my teens to go to prom, to have outbreaks for acne, without having to put it on physically. I want my Adults to have mid life crisis, hot flushes, need to go on a retreat to find themselves again. We desperately need a pack that takes kids to out of school activities like ballet, what's the point of having a dance machine trait if you don't have kids out of school dancing clubs? (Even a rabbit hole is better than what we've got!) Toddlers and I love them, need peek a boo, rather than roughhousing all the time. Just anything that focus' on the other life states and not YA's they have enough to do. Given that telemetry indicates we've all been slightly obsessed with toddlers, surely that shows we DO play families as well as YA's and I know it's a reference to culture where we all focus on them and youth is everything....but even in the real world behind the scenes there are families living their lives with less boredom than they do in the Sims4 (Yeah pretty passionate about that one)

You know what else would be great because yes I know we are getting the knitting pack......so one of my ideas is out of the window anyway. But a game pack of Happy Haunts. Personally I really need my psychics back and more for the ghosts to do.

And while I'm at it, free stuff. Police, Firemen, Burglars (they are not scary you fight them!) and more traits as should have been included in the base game. These worlds need life and life isn't always pretty. Oh and an upping of the alien abduction/pregnancy thing if you're interacting with aliens, because I've been trying since day one for an alien baby and it's soooooooooo frustrating!

2021: At some point I'd like to see a sci fi pack where you can put your servo making skills back into use after university, and your rocket science skills to use on an alien world that is not as lame as Sixam and you can go and visit your alien babies or return to your homeworld. I know a lot of people hate occults but I love them and I'm happy for realistic gameplay. always am, but it's 50/50 surely?
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Winter retreats: Would also like to add REAL yeti in that not a costume, that's just a cop out!