Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone found any leaks (retail listings, code, etc) relating to any new packs?

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    I found this just now. It's a job listing from Maxis asking for audio work to help ship "an upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 4." It just opened on the fourth of February and the timeline is 6 months- a year. So whatever they're working on will come out in the near future since audio is usually the last step of production. Sims Community has predicted pack releases because of audio work in the past. Here's the link:
    https://ea.gr8people.com/index.gp?method=cappportal.showJob&opportunityID=159785

"• Music performance skills, vocals in particular"

do you think that might have a tie in with maybe a band expansion pack?

for new instruments and vocals

It seem about ts4 showtime

i think there might be a high chance of this

9c0fd6d3da401e9d11d4b25a906ef5aa146c3624.png
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I found this just now. It's a job listing from Maxis asking for audio work to help ship "an upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 4." It just opened on the fourth of February and the timeline is 6 months- a year. So whatever they're working on will come out in the near future since audio is usually the last step of production. Sims Community has predicted pack releases because of audio work in the past. Here's the link:
    https://ea.gr8people.com/index.gp?method=cappportal.showJob&opportunityID=159785

.....hmmm...while I am all for some drums and stuff..

I honestly hope they don't go this route...I hated TS3 Showtime....;-;
    edited February 2020

they probably won't i dont think any expansion pack in sims 4 has followed the sims 3 versions to a T. i think we'll get more band and singer focused things, maybe even K-pop will be involved given a K-pop singer did an ad for Sims recently.

maybe a korean inspired world. (plumbella would have a field day with that one. a singer career in korea HAH)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

they probably won't i dont think any expansion pack in sims 4 has followed the sims 3 versions to a T. i think we'll get more band and singer focused things, maybe even K-pop will be involved given a K-pop singer did an ad for Sims recently.

maybe a korean inspired world. (plumbella would have a field day with that one. a singer career in korea HAH)

Don't get me excited for nothing lol 😆😆 that sounds so awesome!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    SimGuruNinja just change his profile picture on Twitter. Kinda looks like a farmer.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited February 2020
    And it is very likely a farming pack is on the way: Many months back the DEVs asked us what farm animals we would like to have. Most people voted for horses and I think cows and chickens were next.

Update: SimGuruFrost just posted a new build of his that looks like a tiny farm.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    The linked post is for a voice editor position -- it looks like a tech position, not a performance one. It could mean they're adding singing in depth or bands (there's nothing about instruments in there) or it could means they're short a voice editor, and they understand that Simlish is a challenge to make sound natural so they need someone who is very good at voice recording/editing.

While I'm hoping for the former, this is definitely a "not enough info" situation.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    The linked post is for a voice editor position -- it looks like a tech position, not a performance one. It could mean they're adding singing in depth or bands (there's nothing about instruments in there) or it could means they're short a voice editor, and they understand that Simlish is a challenge to make sound natural so they need someone who is very good at voice recording/editing.

While I'm hoping for the former, this is definitely a "not enough info" situation.

No, you're right - I don't don't know how someone made the jump to 'instruments' - they're looking for voice editing skills in particular. So, it could be anything.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Has anyone found anything as of lately?
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    What happened to the horse code that was found in game?
    kaylin205 wrote: »

Idk what happened to it. Maybe if someone who knows how to check the code can check for us?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member

It'll probably be in the Expansion Pack this Summer.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member

To me it has always looked like some code remaining from a feature that was at some point considered then scrapped, rather that smthg in preparation for a future pack coming years down the line.
    I can be wrong obviously.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited March 2020
    And it is very likely a farming pack is on the way: Many months back the DEVs asked us what farm animals we would like to have. Most people voted for horses and I think cows and chickens were next.

Update: SimGuruFrost just posted a new build of his that looks like a tiny farm.

Horses getting the most votes for a Farming EP is an extreme letdown for me. They aren't farm animals. They don't produce any products and oxen were used to pull plows quite a bit, but I don't think we would get a plow. Horses should come in their own GP with unicorns and Pegasus, Western pack, or a pioneer pack. If horses are in it, it won't be a Farming pack, but another pack that is everything but what the theme says it is. We won't get hardly any farm animals because horses will take up all the resources and add zero to the real subject of farming. I want cows, pigs, chickens, goats, and sheep. They are real farm animals that produce products. Tractors and working crops. Fences- electric, barbwire. Feed store/ farmer's market. Farming career. I hope they keep horses in a GP like Cats and dogs. I don't really care for them unless unicorns and Pegasus are added and easily available. I never added a unicorn to my household in Sims3 because they made it hard and a long process to do and most everything from the Sims3 site is a threat to the game when downloaded. Horns and wings should be in CAS for those who want sandbox or storytelling play instead of tedious leveling up everything.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Horses getting the most votes for a Farming EP is an extreme letdown for me.

Actually if I remember right farm animals won that poll followed by horses, off the grid, and growing crops.

Horses getting the most votes for a Farming EP is an extreme letdown for me. They aren't farm animals. They don't produce any products and oxen were used to pull plows quite a bit, but I don't think we would get a plow. Horses should come in their own GP with unicorns and Pegasus, Western pack, or a pioneer pack. If horses are in it, it won't be a Farming pack, but another pack that is everything but what the theme says it is. We won't get hardly any farm animals because horses will take up all the resources and add zero to the real subject of farming. I want cows, pigs, chickens, goats, and sheep. They are real farm animals that produce products. Tractors and working crops. Fences- electric, barbwire. Feed store/ farmer's market. Farming career. I hope they keep horses in a GP like Cats and dogs. I don't really care for them unless unicorns and Pegasus are added and easily available. I never added a unicorn to my household in Sims3 because they made it hard and a long process to do and most everything from the Sims3 site is a threat to the game when downloaded. Horns and wings should be in CAS for those who want sandbox or storytelling play instead of tedious leveling up everything.

Actually, raising livestock got the most votes, with horses coming in second.

Cats and Dogs got an Expansion Pack.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I hate that they do these votes on Twitter
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I just want a cabaret/vaudeville stuff and magician careers before they drop support.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I hate that they do these votes on Twitter

IKR? Would it kill them to make a poll here? Oh wait..I forgot they don't care about what we have to say at the forums...

another person confirmed that it was there when cats and dogs was released (but it was not the code found BEFORE cats and dogs was released) so it was still new code

i found it interesting and worth while to post because it was A LOT of code, to the point that they were clearly working on animations, timing, and physics for it all but couldnt make it in time for the release of cats and dogs

idk when we'll get them but i'd hope with that much work done they havent scrapped them entirely. maybe a fall farming/country expansion sometime this year im hoping
    edited March 2020

people tend to group farming with country/ranch living (which is really what we're asking for, since nectar making and mechanical bull rides have been a big want in this as well, but people just group it all under farming), unless you're actually a farmer or a rancher i mean most people don't really care for the intricate details of it all which is suitable for a game like the sims where intricate details are forgone for more fun gameplay.

and besides, like others have mentioned, livestock came in first for the poll with horses and off the grid living coming in second. and in my post before this one i do mention the extent of how much the horses have already been worked on, they're not going to suck up a whole lot of resources from a farming pack so imo, dont worry about it :)
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I see in the future a Tiny Farm Pack. :o
    As we get into May I'm expecting leaks.
  • SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    As we get into May I'm expecting leaks.

If I’m correct, Island Living first leaked like May 15th!