The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is EVERY adult constantly breaking my Child Sim's dollhouse?

2...Next

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I put my dollhouses in a small room whose only access is a large pet door so only toddlers can get to it. It was that or never get one. Though I've since turned the break autonomy off with MCCC :)

Wait..... you can do that with mcc? Omg I'm going to look for it now!😱
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    It’s very tiring to look at and annoying at best. Not sure why this hasn’t been addressed yet.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My main family has a lot of get togethers at their house. They have a dollhouse, and no one ever smashes it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My main family has a lot of get togethers at their house. They have a dollhouse, and no one ever smashes it.

I'm willing to bet they're all either on a computer or you have a stereo and they're all dancing :p unless you have autonomy off for everyone or course.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    It rarely happens in my game. It's usually the toddlers and children who are breaking their dollhouses themselves. In my game the bigger problem is that everyone (including adult Sims) seems to be obsessed playing with dolls. Whatever they're doing playing with dolls will always get autonomously queued on them, even when they desperately need to go to the toilet or they're hungry they choose to go play with the dolls.
    Placing the dollhouse in another room that's only accessible for toddlers is very helpful suggestion for this obsession too. :)
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I hate the doll house because every sim tries to go to it at every moment possible. Annoys me so much to find adults playing with it, especially on their own. I cant keep up with the amount of times i have to cancel the interaction. They’ll stop what theyre doing and race to the doll house ALL the time. Need to pee? Starving? House a wreck? Children crying? About to die? Play some dolls!! Lol
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Need to pee? Starving? House a wreck? Children crying? About to die? Play some dolls!! Lol
    Sounds totally awesome, gotta get me a rl dollhouse :D
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I'm willing to bet they're all either on a computer or you have a stereo and they're all dancing :p unless you have autonomy off for everyone or course.

My sims are all obsessed with dancing. It's actually making me not want to place stereos in their homes anymore. I really wish they wouldn't obsesses over certain items quite as much as they do.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

My sims are all obsessed with dancing. It's actually making me not want to place stereos in their homes anymore. I really wish they wouldn't obsesses over certain items quite as much as they do.

My toddlers will dance even if there's no music source 😆
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2020
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

My toddlers will dance even if there's no music source 😆

In the case of toddlers it's okay cause they look so cute when dancing. :D
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't put in doll houses, it's a pain in the tootie.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Actually, it’s mostly talking and hugging. 🙂

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    So it's not just me?? Because thrre's oy ONE sim that has the hot-headed trait but everyone else is fine. A family oriented Sim even smashed it!

And since we're talking about Sims being obsessed over things, I'm just going to throw "Get water" out there.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    To turn off actions in MCCC do the following:
    Click your sim and select MCCC > MCTuner > enable autonomy scan. Clicking any item sims can interact with now has an added choice, 'Autonomy scan'. A list of possible interactions will come up, simply click to disable the ones that annoy you. This has really been a life saver for my interest in the game.
    For more information deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_tuner
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Anisim wrote: »
    So it's not just me?? Because thrre's oy ONE sim that has the hot-headed trait but everyone else is fine. A family oriented Sim even smashed it!

And since we're talking about Sims being obsessed over things, I'm just going to throw "Get water" out there.

I tested this with families that don't have hot-headed Sims and they are still the same. Dollhouses are being smashed. All in all, they tend to do the same old interactions with objects no matter what trait you assign them to.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited February 2020
    I've only really noticed this happening with angry and/or evil sims in my save, and the little girl whose dollhouse is constantly being smashed has the evil trait, and I have caught her gleefully smashing it herself so she is not innocent.
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Need to pee? Starving? House a wreck? Children crying? About to die? Play some dolls!! Lol

This is basically me when my life is going badly, turning to the sims.

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I get tired of both the parents smashing thheir kids doll house and of them playing with it on their own haha. Plus the dollhouse is just way too big. So no dollhouse for most my kids haha
  • AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    I have decided to just take away the dollhouse and replace it with an activity table instead
  • SimuarySimuary Posts: 9 New Member
    Sims with the Evil, Mean, Hates Children, and Hot Headed traits can smash dollhouses no matter what mood they are in.

One time a random townie came to one of my sim families' houses and smashed the dollhouse while their toddler was playing with it. She had just aged up from a baby that day and that was one of the first things that happened to her.

In one of my other households, the toddler was angry and smashed his dollhouse. He then asked his mom to fix it and she did. Then right after fixing it, she smashed the dollhouse (right after she had scolded him for smashing the dollhouse!)
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    There is a certain sequence of "Cards Against Humanity" cards that explain this perfectly if you get them in just the right sequence.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I have a doll house at every sims house that has kids and I have never once had one broken. I always put them outside because they are so big but that shouldn't make any difference, unless thay just don't want to go outside to smash them.
  • AshenAshen Posts: 34 Member
    I don't usually put dollhouses in my sims houses. I did once, and the household members never smashed the dollhouse, however, when the parents' friends were over, the dollhouse was constantly broken until I eventually locked the door. I suspect one of their friends had the evil trait or something like that.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    My sim is a hot head and has a habit of breaking his daughter's doll house when he's in a confident or playful mood. He has yet to make his daughter cry because he or his wife usually repair's it before she sees the damage. :D