Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I didn't know that when your sim gets bitten by a vampire they'll have puncture wounds on their neck until the drained moodlet wears off.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    If your sim fails a University class (as in they get an F) they don't get credit for that class and have to re-take it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    If your sim fails a University class (as in they get an F) they don't get credit for that class and have to re-take it.

Also, if you switch major, you lose one credit. So if you have taken three classes one year, then switch major, you only get credit for two. Which kind of makes sense.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't realize that with max mixology skill your Sim can make the aspiration reward store emotion potions and a happy potion
    You can change the kind of bowling ball your sim uses by clicking on the bowl rack and unlock different colour balls by increasing the bowling skill… I’ve been going far too long without realising that! All this time I thought they were just decor! :D
  • Coop_myloveCoop_mylove Posts: 15 Member
    Some of these tricks you may know, some not so much.
    Question: what are all the build/buy mode cheats/shortcuts.
    - So far I know -
    bb.moveobjects
    bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    ALT + Left mouse click and hold gives 360° turns/open placement.
    ALT + M shows all available object placement
    ALT + 0 or 9 moves objects up and down a wall

Are there some other ones? I did not know the last three on my list. They changed my life!
    - So far I know -
    bb.moveobjects

Are there some other ones? I did not know the last three on my list. They changed my life!

@Coop_mylove I learnt recently you can press ALT while holding an items (either on the floor or on walls) to place it anywhere you want without being restricted to the grid the game lays out for you.
  • sheyoncexxxsheyoncexxx Posts: 24 Member
    - So far I know -
    bb.moveobjects

@Coop_mylove I learnt recently you can press ALT while holding an items (either on the floor or on walls) to place it anywhere you want without being restricted to the grid the game lays out for you.

I recently learnt this too! It's so helpful, I love it!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    edited February 2020
    As someone who's always been wanting rock and metal in TS4, I just noticed that on the radio, on the "Summer Strut" station (which, I had never listened to on a stereo before), there is a (partial) Simlish version of Alice Cooper's "School's Out". I'd actually added a few songs to "Custom Music" to try them out; and at first, thought I'd added the song myself (then realized, it was only a couple Rammstein songs I'd put in the "Electronica" folder as a test). But, it was partially in Simlish; so it couldn't be from my music Close enough I say. Now, if only there would be more Simlish versions of Classic Rock songs. For example, pretty much anything from AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Rolling Stones, etc.

On another note, who actually recorded this version? Is it a cover? I cannot find anything about it.
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited February 2020
    cody6268 wrote: »
    As someone who's always been wanting rock and metal in TS4, I just noticed that on the radio, on the "Summer Strut" station (which, I had never listened to on a stereo before), there is a (partial) Simlish version of Alice Cooper's "School's Out". I'd actually added a few songs to "Custom Music" to try them out; and at first, thought I'd added the song myself (then realized, it was only a couple Rammstein songs I'd put in the "Electronica" folder as a test). But, it was partially in Simlish; so it couldn't be from my music Close enough I say. Now, if only there would be more Simlish versions of Classic Rock songs. For example, pretty much anything from AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Rolling Stones, etc.

On another note, who actually recorded this version? Is it a cover? I cannot find anything about it.

Apparently Cruel Summer, Hot in Herre, Walking on Sunshine (I swear it sounds JUST like Katrina!), Steal My Sunshine and School's Out are done by the artist SimsAM (listed both on YouTube and the Sims Fandom wiki), which I can't find any more info on so far. I'm also always interested in knowing the artists behind the songs. I also want more rock/metal in game, and never get around to adding custom music :o

Edit1: I'm thinking its the same as the artist who did the blues song I like so much, Luther Lecriox. Can't find anything about him either

Edit2:
    I learnt recently you can press ALT while holding an items (either on the floor or on walls) to place it anywhere you want without being restricted to the grid the game lays out for you.

I'm using alt-placement a LOT for decoration, its brilliant :)
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    - So far I know -
    bb.moveobjects

Well one obscure shortcut that might not get used much except by me.

In build mode when working on your roof if you need to have the roof extended by half a square you click on the triangle shaped arrow to move it. Thing is, that moves both sides of the roof which is often not what I want. I just found out through messing around that if you hold shift you can adjust the roof on one side and the other side stays put.

And to add to your list. When your at work in Get To Work and want to rearrange or add stuff to your work place and the game wont let you go into build mode, use bb.enablefreebuild

One more build shortcut you probably already knew. You can use "[" and "]" to resize objects on the build screen.
    I didn't know that living ON Campus makes it much easier to be late for class than if I'm living off lot. Hmmmm. 😒
    I didn't know that using the sack lunch option that came from parenthood is an excellent meal options for university. You get a happy moodlet everytime and you also don't get the eating too much instant meals debuff.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I only recently found out about the grilled cheese aspiration haha.

I also just noticed this statue by the volcano.

e3PFJPS.png

mO7Ibpn.png
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Apparently your sims can anonymously delete their social media profile.... very irritating!
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    This is not a did you know type of thing for other players, but I just realized that the Sim Darling Walsh from San Myshuno (who lives with Miko Ojo and Akira Kibo) is named Darling and not Darlene.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    This is not a did you know type of thing for other players, but I just realized that the Sim Darling Walsh from San Myshuno (who lives with Miko Ojo and Akira Kibo) is named Darling and not Darlene.

Also, to clear up the common confusion I see on here, it’s “family oriented” and “Selvadorada”, not “family orientated” and “Selvadora”.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited February 2020
    I didn't know you could get the option to do house calls in the medical career. That was a really fun surprise. I also didn't know that sometimes a patient will collapse at the reception area and require immediate surgery. Neither of those events ever happened to me before, but they suddenly happened on the same day. An exciting day for my doctor.
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I didn't know you could get the option to do house calls in the medical career. That was a really fun surprise. I also didn't know that sometimes a patient will collapse at the reception area and require immediate surgery. Neither of those events ever happened to me before, but they suddenly happened on the same day. An exciting day for my doctor.

Now that is exiting ! I got so bored at the hospital, I quit playing my doctorsim. How do you get to go on housecalls ?
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Lithilien wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

Now that is exiting ! I got so bored at the hospital, I quit playing my doctorsim. How do you get to go on housecalls ?

It was fun! I got a little pop-up window that offered the house call and then when I clicked OK I traveled to another lot. I got an apartment in San Myshuno. There was a Sim there waiting and then two more came in for help. I treated 3 Sims and then I got the option to return. It is more simple gameplay. You just diagnose and then give the medicine. There were not any of the tests and there is no equipment, but I thought it was great. :blush:
    Small one:
    Biking Sims will roll downhill and stand up to pedal steep hills.

Annoing one:
    Any area covered by a roof is "indoors" including protruding roof edges outside.
    I didn't know this existed at all. Does anyone else know if it still does?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/830302/mixology-and-the-snaggle-fluster
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Bearpal64 It does!
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Small one:

Annoing one:
    Any area covered by a roof is "indoors" including protruding roof edges outside.

There was a problem with sims runing away of storm even when they were inside the house. So I prefer this extreme over the other.
    Alexciel wrote: »
    Small one:

Annoing one:

There was a problem with sims runing away of storm even when they were inside the house. So I prefer this extreme over the other.

Makes sense, although my first instinct would be that anything with a gap in the walls (aka not a door or an archway but an actual gap; even an archway can be locked, after all) should at least regarding temperature be classed as "outside" (so you can freeze to death if you're in a swimsuit for example).

Anyway, as I said, I guess it makes sense, tho I didn't realize until I had a Sim (my present one) that has the "Love outdoors" trait and it didn't trigger despite her being outside, until she stepped out from under the door cover.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top