Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Homes in Literature Build Challenge: *CLOSED*

Comments

• GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Thank you @Taoron <3<3<3 Awesome new theme - I truly hope I'll recover fast enough to take part. Thus I won't reserve any specific lot as it's so unsure can I do it. Happy Valentine's Day <3<3<3
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited February 2020

Finally I got the time to look at everyone slideshow, @rikaocean I hope you can fix yout link ;) Thanks everyone for sharing your creativity, it took me an hour to look all the pictures but it was a great hour B)

Thanks @Gwiniel <3 How are you? Are you better? o:)

Thanks dear @rosemow for the review o:)

Oh @Taoron Don't apologize, your health comes first. I appreciate that you dedicate your time to this challenge. I enjoy looking at all the entries and reading you. Thanks for the review <3<3 and for the challenge.

Wow awesome new challenge... but I have a question: we can build a house inspired in greek arquitecture or we need to build an ancient building? I do not want to try to built the Parthenon lol (I don't have skills for that meh).

If I can build a house inspired in Greece I want the Hoapili Family Lot, it is the only lot I have not touch at my save :o But if the challenge is about ruins, well, I will wait for the next. Let me know :#

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
    Thank you @emere <3<3<3 The surgery was postponed so much that it's next Wednesday (19th). So all the pain etc is still ahead. Otherwise I'm ok atm :) Happy Valentine's Day to you too <3<3<3

Oh, it is closer now @Gwiniel I hope you will be 100% soon, best wishes and take care <3<3<3
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    @Taoron May I claim Ohan’ali Beach?
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    @emere Yes. A Greek Inspired house. I looked at old and new Greek Houses, and to me, very little seems to have changed in the architecture, over the years. Parthenon would be more of a Temple. :P Just as long as it looks Greek, a newer Greek home would fit in fine with any home, from any time period. Just not Greek Revival.
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    I love it! Operation turn Sulani into Santorini. I'll take a look at the available lots and get back to you shortly.
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Hi @Taoron I'll take Key Point, I've been meaning to build something there for ages.
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    @Taoron I'd like the ngata family home please.
    Put me on Sand Simoleon Beach @Taoron <3 I'll try doing a house on that one :)

Awesome @Taoron :# then I keep my Hoapili Family Lot! o:)
    edited February 2020
    SIM ENTRY FORM Greek Family – Odyssey- Homer
    LITERARY BUILD CHALLENGE - 4, Lykaios
    FORUM ID: Gwiniel
    ORIGIN ID: Gwiniel
    HOUSEHOLD: Lykaios
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/b6F7AsK
    ENTRY DETAILS: Not sure what kind of Greek family you were looking for so I went towards classical the best I could. The Greyhound dog is made by Pugowned.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DE2lEiv.jpg
    au7jUkp.jpg
    Post edited by Gwiniel on
  • rikaoceanrikaocean Posts: 24 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for adding the correct link to my imgur. I don't get to check posts much on the Forum. I will make sure everything is good for the next entry. Everyone's builds are so beautiful and brings back good memories of reading the Little House books. I will try better on the next round to be more responsive. There's some saying about old dogs and new tricks...... This old dog gets confused with all the posts and etiquette. So please bear with me.
  • rikaoceanrikaocean Posts: 24 Member
    @Taoron , I would like to take Tangled Flat please.
    edited February 2020
    BUILD ENTRY FORM Greek Home – Odyssey - Homer
    LITERARY BUILD CHALLENGE - 4 Greek Home
    FORUM ID: Gwiniel
    ORIGIN ID: Gwiniel
    NEW LOT LINK: Greek Home
    LINK TO SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/1xLXNpE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Probably not in correct style as I rushed this build like mad.
    CREDITS: Arts by me and #Babewire. Perfect plants by #DolphinSimmer13.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    fkt8zZP.jpg
    aY695yt.jpg
    Post edited by Gwiniel on
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Gwiniel just popped in here to check the brief and seen your sims and build.....if that’s not the right style I don’t know what is, both are beautiful!! If you hadn’t have said you rushed them I would never have guessed, you’ve done an awesome job <3 I’ll try to wait for the slideshow but it’s going to be hard not to down load and take a peek!

Also just read that you have surgery scheduled for tomorrow. I sincerely hope all goes well and you get the best possible outcome with the minimal amount of recovery pain 🤞🤞🤞for what it counts, my thoughts and prayers will be with you...you got this!!! <3<3
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Taoron Totally missed this, my notifications aren’t playing nice this week for some reason...your reading list seems pretty epic, more than happy to follow along ;) You should totally find time to do a build, every time - what’s the fun in coming up with amazing challenge ideas and then not being able to enter??!
    And yay for you!! College at 50 sounds like the perfect time, I was reading an excellent article just last week about a guy who’d gone back to college mid 50’s and how interesting he’d found both the learning and the relationships he’d formed & witnessed with the ‘millennials’.....defo a movie in the making, you can watch it while making pastries! I wish you so much success with your plan :)<3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your Greek family is lovely! @Gwiniel :) Their outfits are very nice and suit the theme very well. Helen is sweet :)
    Very lovely Greek home! :) The exterior design, dome roof tower and the layout is very great! Very nice white colour with the blue shutter windows and awnings. Very lovely fireplace outdoors living patio! The water fountains Greek vases feature looks very nice! Very nice hot tub and kids monkey bar area. The interior furnishings and layout are very nice! Very nice floor tiling in the kitchen and dining room.It is nice there is a massage table and chair in the tower. Very nice of top level bar patio to enjoy having drinks from the bar. Sims will relaxing on the loungers on the other patio looking out at the sea views. Very nice gardening area with the pretty flowers on the trellis roofing The furnishing of the bedrooms is lovely!
    They are a lovely Greek family and home :)
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Hi @Taoron been keeping an eye on this thread I like this Greek house challenge love to give it a go I'll take Lagoon Look thanks

@Gwiniel I hope your surgery goes well with less pain wish you a speedy recover rest up <3<3<3
    edited February 2020
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    @Taoron Totally missed this, my notifications aren’t playing nice this week for some reason...your reading list seems pretty epic, more than happy to follow along ;) You should totally find time to do a build, every time - what’s the fun in coming up with amazing challenge ideas and then not being able to enter??!
    And yay for you!! College at 50 sounds like the perfect time, I was reading an excellent article just last week about a guy who’d gone back to college mid 50’s and how interesting he’d found both the learning and the relationships he’d formed & witnessed with the ‘millennials’.....defo a movie in the making, you can watch it while making pastries! I wish you so much success with your plan :)<3

@AliSim19 I hope I can make it happen. Thankfully, the drop out and graduation rate in that class is high, and given that Millennials make me twitch, that's a positive. Also being a 50 year old tech, who has fallen on his face in the tech world, because it is now run by them and I am old and disposable, I have a particular hatred for that generation.

I'm going to try to do something for this one. I haven't really even logged in for the past 2 weeks. My computer has been acting a fool and I can't afford to fix or give it what it needs. My hands re right now at a place where I plant half a dozen plants and they go numb on me and I log off. Having a dead news feed because we update something and kill half a dozen things, has me also discouraged as I don't want to have to go through all 300 of my uploads to see who commented on what has me kind of bleh, as well. I really wish they would fix that. I feel like a jerk not communicating with people who have gone out of the way to comment on my stuff.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I am sorry that your hands are becoming numb after you are doing things, as well as you having computer and gallery issues @Taoron :( I send hugs to you <3
    Thanks @rosemow I hate that it's making it so frustrating to play and create. =(
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I took the liberty to make a list of who claimed what lot as i'd like to take part and didn't know what was claimed. I'd like to take cladera camp.

20x20 – Tangled Flat- rikaocean

30x20 – Cladera Camp- cmbaker16
    Pier Perfection
    The Sand Bar
    Lagoon Look- chips46

30x30 – Kealoha Family Lot
    Ohan’ali Beach - Rostri-Jodu

40x30 – Key Point- Wendyology
    Sand Simoleon Beach- Gwiniel
    Ngata Faily Lot- Lehua
    Kahannaui Family Lot
    Hoapili Family Lot- emere