Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 3 results reveal!

Comments

• LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    Oh, not bad. Three of the items I voted for actually made it. And even though I didn't vote for it, I'm happy to see the the toddler dress made it as well. If I had more voting options than 15, I probably would have included it.
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    aww, 41, 77 and 71 are all so cute though
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    edited February 2020
    Welp only the 1 male sweater I chose made it in there, I sort of knew none of the fun looking stuff was going to make it though. xD Congrats to everyone who voted for this stuff.

I am glad the little bear made it though, too bad the beard didn't. xD
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    You're right that there won't be any other arts and crafts gameplay, but that doesn't mean the pack can't have other arts and crafts style items.
    I'd have to pull the images into an editor, but I know I can find several non-knitting (or at least not knitting specific) craft items in each of the three art style images. (That beautiful massive crafting table for a start)

Arts&Crafts would be the category steering you towards knitting.
    Knitting is game play itself.
    Yes, I agree that craft decorative items that aren't involved with knitting would be acceptable (trust me I love the huge craft table just to have it littered with a mess of crafts), but the CAS items are half of the main feature of any Pack. The clothes you have your sims wear are a huge part of the identity you give them. Nobody wants to spend money on a pack that is random. It has a theme for a reason to enhance game play.
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    I was hoping for the pets' stuff and more hats. Especially the llama hat which would be fitting since I think of llama as official Sims "mascot". But if these items are what people want then so be it. I'm looking forward to the next voting round.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Okay, at least the boots made it and two male tops I like.
    Just realising, will there be no new hairstyles in this SP or maybe that'll be a different vote...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    tweedle wrote: »
    And who voted for tank tops to be put into a knitting pack??? We have enough of those already.

Maybe because you can knit them in real life? Maybe because in real life knitting isn't restricted to winter clothing? (It really depends on the yarn you use, search Pinterest and Ravelry.) Maybe because in real life 32, with it's empire line, is a really flattering style for a lot of women and would make a really comfortable maternity top. Maybe because our game is short on cute clothing that looks good on pregnant sims.

I'm disappointed that they are not considering at the moment to make 32 a craftable top as it looks knitted in the concept art. I went looking for patterns for similar tops. Here are some of them: (I haven't included the crochet patterns I found since we are going to knitting the craftable items.)

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dayflower-camisole-or-dress
    https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/375558056396185968/
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/heart-lace-top
    https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/569353577885699486/
    https://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=3558&cid=19
    https://www.liveinternet.ru/users/3900865/post305879587/
    https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/74098356339181087/
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dual-texture-tunic
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gyre-tunic

Most of these patterns use a lacey knitting technique that is otherwise missing from the CAS items that were in the survey and is used not just adult clothing but also extensively in baby, toddler and childrens' wear. Were we offered anything like these in the CAS survey?

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/helen-joyce-dress
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/moana-2
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lilac-frock
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lovelace-baby-dress
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lilly-rose-dress

If there was a dress like one of these for toddlers or children I certainly would have voted for it, I was really disappointed in the selection for toddlers clothing and in the end only voted for 72 (although I did consider 71 but rejected it because it was not knitted and too similar to the outfit from Cats and Dogs).

So we are left with 32 as the only item that can be knitted with a lacy knit.

I also think all of the guys' tops should be knittable.

I think it would be cool if the cardigan and dress from 21 were both knittable and the dress was available as a separate item.

I agree with people about 33 but it is the only CAS item that was in the art style concept art for DIY that made it through and there must been enough people who voted for that art style because of that top for it to get through. It does fit the arts and craft theme though since it is embroidered.

I would be disappointed if these were the only CAS items that we could knit I was hoping that the reason why there was only 15 items for CAS and some of of those clearly not knittable is that we would get additional CAS items that can only be unlocked by knitting.

tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Whoa this is really a train wreck lol.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Really? Ya'll voted for bland 32? SMH The only one of these I voted for was 41 which I am happy about. Not too thrilled with the other selections...
    1500x500.jpg
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited February 2020
    Really? Ya'll voted for bland 32?

Not me. Of the winners, I only voted for:
    12 - bear beanie
    21 - dress with cardigan
    51 - jacket with scarf

My other choices were:
    4 - floral cloche (hat)
    17 - purple beret (hat)
    56 - sweater vest over oxford (male)
    54 - cat slippers (unisex)
    66 - teddy-bear sweater (toddler)
    67 - animal hood onesie (toddler)
    68 - cardigan with bowtie (toddler)
    74 - teddy-bear pants (toddler)
    75 - slippers (toddler)
    78 - knot dress (female child)
    82 - knee boots (female child)
    92 - rainbow sweater (unisex child)

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I also find it funny that the theme is knitting, yet we have tops like 33 in there. I don't know why but I don't think we needed any more tank tops or jeans (especially for female sims).

We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.
    Seeing as we voted for a "knitting" pack this just seems wrong. I'm assuming this pack clothing designs were made up when arts and crafts won clearly no input from the community came into any of the designs. But with it being our only pack to truly expand on the hobby of knitting we're truly being left out it was the time to expand knitting not arts and crafts, knitted scarfs beanies gloves socks and things like that should have been the priority with the extremly limited options for a pack about knitted clothing and a large portion of it is not even knitted just seems like a poor choice. Guess we will continue on with every pack feeling limited this will be no different.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Really? Ya'll voted for bland 32? SMH The only one of these I voted for was 41 which I am happy about. Not too thrilled with the other selections...

nope, I voted for no female tops at all...but oh well, at least an elder sim of mine could wear 32 to sleep.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes please guys, let us unlock cas items with a cheat like we can unlock items in build/buy !
    Well I'm disappointed with how this vote turned out. There were a couple things that I voted for which made the final selection, but the rest? Eh... it's not my favourite.

Also, I was under the impression that we'd be voting for the things we could knit separately? I didn't realize that some of these items would contribute to the knitting gameplay and would therefor be CAS locked, which I am not a fan of. This wouldn't bother me so much if there was a cheat to unlock the hidden CAS stuff, because nope cas.fulleditmode does not do that and merging with other households is just a faff. I hope the devs will consider (finally) making a cheat for this available.

Post edited by Dianesims on
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited February 2020
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I also find it funny that the theme is knitting, yet we have tops like 33 in there. I don't know why but I don't think we needed any more tank tops or jeans (especially for female sims).

We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.
    Seeing as we voted for a "knitting" pack this just seems wrong. I'm assuming this pack clothing designs were made up when arts and crafts won clearly no input from the community came into any of the designs. But with it being our only pack to truly expand on the hobby of knitting we're truly being left out it was the time to expand knitting not arts and crafts, knitted scarfs beanies gloves socks and things like that should have been the priority with the extremly limited options for a pack about knitted clothing and a large portion of it is not even knitted just seems like a poor choice. Guess we will continue on with every pack feeling limited this will be no different.

You voted for knitting gameplay. Arts and crafts is still the broader theme. Just like Romantic Garden for example isn't a wishing well or fountain themed pack. Also (and maybe a better example) Bowling stuff has clothes that don't directly relate to the hobby.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Just to compile what was mentioned previously into a single image:

dBb5oj3.jpg

My comment about the results:

I expected a lot more clothing options for a knitting pack. Call me greedy all you want, but we honestly don't have many clothing options. 🤷‍♀️ I recall not voting for most of what's displayed and especially the female tops. Oh well. Would be nice if they would release the voting results with graphs for transparency.

With the exception of 33 and 71 these are a bit of a stretch. So I can't knit a child's jersey (80) because it bears some tenuous resemblance to a sweatshirt in an earlier pack? Nor can I knit a striped cardigan (50) because a padded jacket has the same colours as the concept art and knitting a woman's outfit with a fair isle cardigan (21) is out because a man's top has a cardigan with a different fair isle pattern.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

dBb5oj3.jpg

I expected a lot more clothing options for a knitting pack. Call me greedy all you want, but we honestly don't have many clothing options. 🤷‍♀️ I recall not voting for most of what's displayed and especially the female tops. Oh well. Would be nice if they would release the voting results with graphs for transparency.

With the exception of 33 and 71 these are a bit of a stretch. So I can't knit a child's jersey (80) because it bears some tenuous resemblance to a sweatshirt in an earlier pack? Nor can I knit a striped cardigan (50) because a padded jacket has the same colours as the concept art and knitting a woman's outfit with a fair isle cardigan (21) is out because a man's top has a cardigan with a different fair isle pattern.

The girl's dress is being compared to a girl's shirt with a split collar - quite different. And I don't have that toddler outfit - maybe it was in C&D? In either case, I'm happy to get more toddler stuff with sleeves. Most of the toddler dresses we have are sleeveless, too cold for everyday wear.

One thing people haven't considered - it may be that the raw vote would have given us nothing but women's clothing and maybe a couple of outfits for men. Many have reported that other sites seemed to be leaning toward more YA-F clothing.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited February 2020
    As mentioned earlier, some of the items I voted for or wanted got in, so obviously I'm happy about that despite not liking the art style. I didn't vote for 33 but there must be people wanting those crop tops (not me lol). I didn't vote for #31 but I would use it as a light summer top.

I guess that they didn't want all the items to be winter and fall themed. Maybe that's because not everyone has Seasons? I was thinking that this pack is basically community voted DLC for DLC for Seasons - which doesn't bother me but is a lot like MFPS.

I agree with the complaint that only 15 items is a little bit small for a knitting pack. Could they throw in some more including that women's top that they replaced? I probably voted for it, lol. Add something for boys and maybe 5 more items including more to knit?

I think that some YouTubers probably influence the voting but there's a consistent theme with the voting in the fan base. As for the similarities between some objects, I don't think they are too similar. I'm more interested in this bear hat than the other one. I don't think a toddler's overall dress with a cat on it is the same as the one in this pack.

I really like #77 and I'm glad it made the cut. I also like #21, it's a different pattern than the sweater that is being compared. Slight similarities don't make something identical to another.

Why are there only 15 clothing items in a knitting pack though? That's a question that could probably be addressed to make people happier. Why can't we have at least 20?
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited February 2020

dBb5oj3.jpg

This...is heartbreaking and very dishearting...smh

Also someone mentioned earlier, I would love to see the graphs and final vote results...
    Post edited by KaeChan2089 on
  • brookiepeoplesbrookiepeoples Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi @SimGuruSarah ! For the female jeans (#49) is it possible to have some swatches without sequins for versatility? :)
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Well like most everyone who has commented can't say I'm too happy about these choices either. Then again I voted for a lot of the kid and toddler stuff. The men's items do look nice though. Really wanted those kids boots...

Hope the furniture stuff in this pack will be better than the clothing otherwise this may be another pack I don't get.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @SimGuruSarah @SimGuruNinja For the upcoming object vote can it please be specified within the vote itself which items will be things we can actually knit in game and which are just intended to be decoration? I don't want a repeat of this vote where I waste my own votes on things that can't be knitted. It would be very helpful after the confusion from this CAS vote.
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    I can't remember what I voted for but...yeah, not super excited about these. I think I'm most bummed about only one hat making it, and it being so similar to what we already have instead of something different. Also, as per usual, I wish we could've had at least one item in each category (adult female tops, adult male tops, adult male bottoms, male child full-body outfit etc.) because, well, now only adult female sims once again got the most stuff while male adult sims, child and toddler sims didn't even get any bottoms.

(Also another crop top? Really?)

(Also also, I know it's highly unlikely, but any chance of us ever getting some of the stuff that didn't get picked both for this pack and Laundry Stuff Pack?)
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Meh.. I mean, the ones that won aren't bad (although I'm disappointed the viking hat/beard lost), but I'm more disappointed that they chose a stuff pack for this concept.

Updating the base game so that new clothes cost money (similar to TS2) and then giving everyone the knit skill to knit EVERYTHING in the game as a cheaper alternative (with the stuff pack offering lots of furniture, clothing options, etc.) would have been amazing.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Pretty underwhelmed this time around. A couple of things I voted for made it in but for a pack based on knitting I honestly expected almost every CAS item to be craftable and this balance you speak of doesn't exist, or else your definition of balance is different from mine. And why include pet items in the vote if there was a chance they wouldn't make it in? You either add at least one for the sake of "balance" or you don't offer up any at all in the vote. I get that people are angry with paid content for paid content, but if they added one pet item on top of the 15 Sims items, I don't see the big deal.

This really needed to be a game pack. Knitting only a small handful of clothing and, I'm going to assume, some decorative things, just doesn't cut it for a hobby. Laundry was fine. You wash your clothes, you dry your clothes. Nothing fancy. But The Sims 4 is in dire need of more fleshed out hobbies and activities for our Sims to partake in, and I honestly don't feel like this stuff pack will feel very fleshed out.

I'm going to cross my fingers that some amazing devs will sneak in a few more craftable items like socks, mitts and scarves.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top