Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BRING BACK SIMS 2.... BUT AS SIMS 5......

Comments

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    I'd love it to death but won't happen
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I have mixed feeling on this. I would like to see the game go forward. I love aspects of Sims 2 and Sims 3 that I would love to have incorporated into Sims 5. However, I love CAS and Build Mode in 4 and would love for them to take build mode and CAS to the next level. I would love vehicles I miss having a fast car for my sim. I would love for clutter (like toilet paper, towels perfume, spices etc to be usable. I would like the ability to have group homes and hostels for our sims to stay in. I would like the ability to play sims not in any world and the option to play premades from the start as an option. Seriously sometimes I just want to play but I don't want to create a new sim and come up with their backstory. It would be fun to start a new game playing Bella Goth. I want a game where I don't feel I need mods or CC just to make the game interesting. I love that we can travel easier from world to world in the game. Go forward. Have more options for our babies through elders. Kids should be able to play hide and seek or tag. Teens should be able to get caught kissing their love interest. Parents should be able to react in outrage because of something their kid did terribly wrong. Cheating should have real consequences. In fact, sims actions should have consequences whether it's them helping another sim out and it brings them benefits in the future or they do something scandalous and it has negative consequences.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    Not that I don't love Sims2, I would want Sims 5 to yes bring back aspects of previous Sims game generations and for me that is a long list of things I miss in the game.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    In regards to graphics and art style, I'd love to see a realistic art style like Sims 3 has, but with smooth graphics like Sims 4 has.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    Mostly agree, but I don't think we'll get a fully open world again, I think it was too taxing on systems (or the game itself) in Sims 3, but I'd take all of what the OP said substituting open neighborhoods of 5-6 lots a piece instead of a fully open world.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    It never ceases to disappoint me how TS4 manages to be lacking features TS2 had despite being released a whole DECADE later.
    The lack of Create A World is mind boggling.
    As for Open World, they can just simply... optimize it better. More and more games nowadays are open world and they run just fine, despite being far bigger in scope world size than just a Sims tier world would be.

I can't really say I'd be excited for TS5 unless they have Open World, it's makes a massive difference when it comes to storytelling.
    But then again, I'm not really excited for 5 regardless, what with the fact we'll have to wait at least 4 years before it has TS4 tier content, which STILL has less than TS3 had despite currently being alive for what, 2 years more than TS3 had?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited February 2020
    NO (DISAGREE)
    I would like to see some of the animations of Sims 2 come back and more details. Bring back the killer flies, interactive babies, cars (sims actually opening car doors and getting out instead of teleporting and the open world of Sims 3; color swatches and the color wheel, CAS with sliders and push-pull.

“Too taxing on the system” is just an excuse. Work a way around it while keeping the world open and not ripping players out of immersion with boatloads of loading screens.

I want to see CAW developed for the Sims 5 so that we can create our own worlds. I would prefer to be able to make CC for my Sims and be able to flesh out any story in any environment I choose. That is the only way I will purchase TS5.

Otherwise we may have to do the unthinkable in order to keep Sims 3 running; either EA develops a framework for 64bit support for Sims 3 stabilizing the game or...

We do it ourselves. Take your pick.

Simply put; Either give us a proper game without giving the finger to Open World Sims 3 simmers or we go to extreme measures to keep OUR game running since you’ve withdrawn support.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    As much as I love Sims2 then it's still a no from me. So many of the 'fun' we have had with the Sims & then 2 would be taken out in 5. I can't remember now but I think it was the original when they made a "fur" coat available and there were people absolutely horrified the devs would allow animal cruelty in the game. There was always pressure from some simmers and outsiders (wasn't sure what to call a non-simmer) when something wasn't PC in the game to have it removed. And yet it was a lot of those moments that made it so entertaining. We can't even have a cake dancer anymore and when was the last time you saw a cage dancer?

Updating to run better with less crashes would be nice though.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • liipeabreuliipeabreu Posts: 8 New Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    I do want a sims 2 remaster, but I do want sims 5 with a mix of sims 2 aspiration system, sims 3 gameplay and sims 4 graphics style and cas/build mode as well
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2020
    YES (AGREE)
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Closed lots, no time continuity, no CAST, no way. Let Sims 5 be Sims 5, a worthy successor for Sims 1, 2, 3 ánd 4. Seriously, Sims 3 fans have the reputation somehow, but I see Sims 2 fans idealizing their favourite game and their preferred playing style much more, spreading it like gospel. All the versions have their flaws and their pros.

ETA: if the poll would say “BRING BACK SIMS 3.... BUT AS SIMS 5” I’d answer with a no as well.

I think when someone asks for a Sims 2 remake, they don't mean they want the game to have all the limitations it had.
    troshalom wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    Sims 5 needs to be just that, 5. It should be an amalgamation of all the best bits from past iterations with it's own slightly different twist and/or new features. Sims 2 should stay sims 2 and if anything they should re-release it as is but updated to work with Win10.

@Camkat I'm playing TS2 on win 10, it doesn't need to be rereleased.

@troshalom more 2/3 years and Sims 2 won't run in any new computer.
  • Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    Karon wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Closed lots, no time continuity, no CAST, no way. Let Sims 5 be Sims 5, a worthy successor for Sims 1, 2, 3 ánd 4. Seriously, Sims 3 fans have the reputation somehow, but I see Sims 2 fans idealizing their favourite game and their preferred playing style much more, spreading it like gospel. All the versions have their flaws and their pros.

ETA: if the poll would say “BRING BACK SIMS 3.... BUT AS SIMS 5” I’d answer with a no as well.

I think when someone asks for a Sims 2 remake, they don't mean they want the game to have all the limitations it had.
    troshalom wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    Sims 5 needs to be just that, 5. It should be an amalgamation of all the best bits from past iterations with it's own slightly different twist and/or new features. Sims 2 should stay sims 2 and if anything they should re-release it as is but updated to work with Win10.

@Camkat I'm playing TS2 on win 10, it doesn't need to be rereleased.

@troshalom more 2/3 years and Sims 2 won't run in any new computer.

This is all very true @Karon
    :)
  • PhoenixKing1999PhoenixKing1999 Posts: 5 New Member
    YES (AGREE)
    If we make it open world and make everything better would that still be Sims 2 undercover as Sims 5? :D

Well I don't know about that but we have so many goodies in OG Sims, Sims2 and Sims 3. I don't understand why we don't have a nostalgia pack for Sims 4? Just bring everything from old games. Buildings too. And OMG can we get to arrange and upload new cities again? You know what, I actually prefer a mashup between SimCity and Sims2.

I just don't understand my position as a player in the game sometimes. Am I the controller? Give me everything then, let me control EVERYTHING! Am I just an inside-voice? Then let other sims do more stuff around. I want more autonomous activities from other sims. I want Sims 5 to be this massive experience, relationship system can come from Sims 2 because I must say this, Sims 2 was FUN! Sims 4 feels like Sims 2's adult brother. I am so tired to control drama around me. I want it to happen by itself, I want to other sims to give decisions by themselves.
  • Sims4DisneyStuffSims4DisneyStuff Posts: 143 Member
    Thing is...majority of stuff you guys are coming with aren't even The Sims 2. Lots of "yeah...but add.." or "yeah it should have this...".

Honestly, I tried playing TS2 lately and nostalgia goggles were officially off. Memories? Oh yes...strong as hell. But it's not as great compared to TS4 these days. Same goes for TS3 actually.

Also it should be pointed out that if they do TS5 I will bet my bottom dollar that it will be open world again. TS4 attempted to go back to individual lots like TS2 and it was met with negativity. Step back doesn't always work and trust me...The Sims 2 the dated now.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2020
    NO (DISAGREE)
    Thing is...majority of stuff you guys are coming with aren't even The Sims 2. Lots of "yeah...but add.." or "yeah it should have this...".

Honestly, I tried playing TS2 lately and nostalgia goggles were officially off. Memories? Oh yes...strong as hell. But it's not as great compared to TS4 these days. Same goes for TS3 actually.

Also it should be pointed out that if they do TS5 I will bet my bottom dollar that it will be open world again. TS4 attempted to go back to individual lots like TS2 and it was met with negativity. Step back doesn't always work and trust me...The Sims 2 the dated now.

Maybe you don't like the graphics of TS2? It had much better textures though. Anyway, it definitely has much more gameplay and intelligent AI then TS4. As both are closed worlds, I never felt compelled to buy TS4 because TS2 has everything TS4 has (except the bugs, lol!) and so much more. It was so popular and got many requests for code when people realized they didn't like TS4 anywhere near as much. That's one of the reasons why EA took TS2 off the market and won't provide codes for it anymore.

Even if more packs get added to TS4, it will still never rival TS2 as to its game mechanics - everything in that game just worked well, whereas TS4 just keeps getting more and more bugs, game-breaking and otherwise.

TS3 itself is amazing as well and still sells well. That's why it doesn't go on sale anywhere near as much as TS4 - because people are willing to buy it at those prices. Meanwhile, TS4 and its packs are constantly on sale and for the very first time in The Sims history, EA has given away the base game free on more than one occasion. That only happens when a game isn't doing well in sales contrary to what EA and its sycophants say.

For anyone else reading these comments, you only have to look at TS2 and TS3 gameplay on YouTube and then compare it to TS4 gameplay. They are clear proof that TS2 and TS3 has so much more to offer than TS4.

I would like it if they bring back TS2 itself for those who missed out on it (but not as a remake for TS5). TS1 is also pretty amazing though it was a much harder game to play (it takes more work to level up friendship, romance, careers and skills), but it had some of my favorite EPs, mainly Superstar which, to me, was the best fame EP of all the iterations.

I would love it if TS5 is 100% open world - the current computers out now can keep up with the demands of the game. Also add TS3's customization features, CASt and colorwheel for everything, Create-A-World, and TS2's details, TS4's new build features, and TS1's Makin' Magic and Superstar remake. With all those things TS5, will be perfect (for me anyway!).
  • R0NW33R0NW33 Posts: 2 New Member
    YES (AGREE)
    Sims 2 + Sims 3 = Sims 5
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I want Sims 3 back it was the best it had everything and there was a lot for the sims to do. We had an open world which I miss most of the time my sims 4 stay home or go to a Restaurant what else is there for them to do. The only thing I like about sims 4 is the Social interaction especially when they go to a restaurant in Sims 3 that was really bad. Why can't EA get it right they have had years to perfect the game they keep coming up with the same old ideas but they don't improve on the game play at all. They improve on one thing and they they neglect another area can't seem to finish the job correctly. They keep bringing in different groups of people to work on the game and these people are not familiar with the game and they mess it up. Hire some people who actually play the game not developers who don't give a fig about it just there to collect a pay check.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Didn't vote, but I would like TS5 to be the best of TS2 plus the best of TS3, with updated graphics and better routing. There is nothing about TS4 I'd like to see in TS5. Also, single-player only, or ability for MP to be only an option, not forced.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    YES (AGREE)

@Sims4DisneyStuff I think you're just being thrown off by the limitations and graphics from Sims 2, the game is way better than any other sim-game has been. I'm not saying it can't be improved... The memories could be annoying at times... like, I had a sim with 10 consecutive memories of seeing cockroaches... like... I don't remember the first time I've seen a cockroach in my life, why would my sim remember every single one of them?! Sims 3 would've been amazing if they just took the Sims 2 base game, gave it graphics, open world, CASt, a more detailed Story Progression toggle panel and removed the pointless memories like seeing cockroaches. The same with Sims 4... Add Sims 4's detailed CAS and Build and Buy, and the game could've been improved, but every new generation the devs feel that urge to be different, to innovate, and so on and so forth, but at the end of the day what we end up getting is a game too far away from what we loved.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    I think many people who vote NO, don't really read (classic).
    The OP says it as an upgrade from TS2 that transfers into something called TS5.
    Anyone that does not want an upgrade from TS2, simply does not like TS2 for the most part. Because an upgrade would cover the few flaws TS2 had for it's time and make it a proper game for 2020-something.

I would love TS2 game as a base with everything it had (cut out scenes/animations/depth gameplay/memory+interest+attraction system + the open world, color wheel as mentioned by the OP.
    I also would love the simple few instrumental music style from TS1 and TS2, the world/sims graphics and smooth gameplay from the TS4 and the completed basegame from TS3 that came with cars/bikes, an open world, activities for kids as well as adults, TODDLERS! and just things that a basegame is supposed to have.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    I like a lot of features of sims 2, mostly the details, but there are others that i don't like at all, like closed world and the time stopping when you go somewhere just doesn't make any sense to me. Also how there was no story progression and you had to rotate (i don't like to rotate).
    I think an open world is doable. Sims 3 atm works just fine and smooth, with better computers and optimized worlds. They can make worlds better for sims 5 now that they know that most lag came from sims that were stuck in some parts of terrain or in bad made houses.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited March 2020
    YES (AGREE)
    I hate to be a 'Debbie Downer,' but it won't happen, if anything the Sims 5 will be even more streamlined in order to grab at a much larger playerbase much like how The Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) was dumbed down to appeal to the COD & Candy Crush fanbase. I really would like to see 'turn ons, turn offs', 'fears & hopes' and design a neighborhood make a comeback but with more and more companies accepting the 'games as a service' premise as a rule, we will end up paying more and more for much less in-game content, options and player control.

EDIT: I'm not blaming or bashing the devs, I'm fully aware that it's the publishers who and the shareholders who are pushing these things onto the devs and further onto us.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    Karon wrote: »

@Sims4DisneyStuff I think you're just being thrown off by the limitations and graphics from Sims 2, the game is way better than any other sim-game has been. I'm not saying it can't be improved... The memories could be annoying at times... like, I had a sim with 10 consecutive memories of seeing cockroaches... like... I don't remember the first time I've seen a cockroach in my life, why would my sim remember every single one of them?! Sims 3 would've been amazing if they just took the Sims 2 base game, gave it graphics, open world, CASt, a more detailed Story Progression toggle panel and removed the pointless memories like seeing cockroaches. The same with Sims 4... Add Sims 4's detailed CAS and Build and Buy, and the game could've been improved, but every new generation the devs feel that urge to be different, to innovate, and so on and so forth, but at the end of the day what we end up getting is a game too far away from what we loved.

I think this really hits the nail on the head. Each new iteration of the Sims seeks to reinvent the game from the ground up, and it ends up with a vastly different beast than the one before. The only case where that was understandable was going from 1 to 2, since the technology between them jumped dramatically. What I feel is the problem with the Sims is that they don't build on previous versions, they erase and reinvent, so they end up getting rid of a lot of things that made the previous versions great and giving us something lackluster. The Sims 4 I feel like is the culmination of years of this, because it's extremely watered down and lacking in almost all avenues that made both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 very fun.

While I do applaud the Sims franchise for their inclusive approach to everything, I think it's resulted in Sims 4 having a lot of candy coating and "trigger" removal that has made the game hollow and overly perfect. There's no real dilemma or drama, no real chaos. Life is not perfect. Life is utterly crazy, and unexpected things happen all the time. The Sims 2 nailed this perfectly. The Sims 3 had a lot of this, but also was the first effort that culled a lot of the chaos from the game. The Sims 4 doesn't have any of this, and it kind of breaks the immersion because of how lacking it is in conflict. I want to go back to things like Social bunnies, Psychiatrists, and Mrs. Crumplebottom crawling from a wishing well Sadoko-style in order to berate you and club you with her purse. I want conflict to return to the Sims in a meaningful way. I want it to emulate life again. That's largely what I miss from the Sims 2, and the Sims 5 needs to bring that back.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    Sims 2 is the best - it just need to be 64 bit and have upgraded cas and more open world.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited March 2020
    YES (AGREE)
    In some ways i agree but EA would try to remake it and completely ruin it with half made packs and too much taken out and a lot missing .
    That is my biggest complaint about 4 , how much is still missing and how shallow it is despite the ton of packs we have had
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 2020
    YES (AGREE)
    In a way. TS2, TS3, and TS4 each have great features that the others don't. TS2 and TS3 both have cars and decent town areas. I feel they're better implemented with TS2; but they are really key to TS3's open world. The gameplay and Sims are what I like best about TS2. TS3 has a gorgeous open world and the color wheel, the firefighter active career, and horses. TS4, a few clothing items, a better CAS and build/buy. The rest of the game is just so mediocre, and the features that made TS2 and TS3 so great are for the most part, missing.

While I fear TS5 will be an online mess; I hope that the development team takes a step back, looks at the older games, see why their features are so well liked, implement all of those into the game, as well as adding a few neat and unthought-of features. But, uh NOT ONLINE! Well, other than the Gallery.