Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims Butt Keeps Catching Fire!

My sim is in the singer career, and one of the fails happened 3 times so far where her but caught fire. Is there a setting in Nraas to prevent this or put it out? Or a mod or something? There is no extinguish self unless you run to a shower. My sim was in the park twice, so she couldn't do anything. I had to reset her and then have her run to the shower lol.

Comments

• carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Do you have Seasons installed and it's Summer in your game? If so, they can "spontaneously combust" if the temperature outside is too hot and the sim is outside for long enough.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited February 2020
    Does the shower in a can solve this problem? Travel to one of the adventure spots and buy plenty. Or use testingcheats + buydebug to add some to her house without traveling. You could also get a brave partner to your sim and take them to the park together.

Or maybe she wants to be a charmander and you're not allowing her to fulfill her dream.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Does the shower in a can solve this problem? Travel to one of the adventure spots and buy plenty. Or use testingcheats + buydebug to add some to her house without traveling. You could also get a brave partner to your sim and take them to the park together.

Or maybe she wants to be a charmander and you're not allowing her to fulfill her dream.

@thuggishsplicer: Spits out my Dr. Pepper. That's funny.

@Spikefan74: Try using shower in a can.
    :) Smile!

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    The shower in a can is an excellent suggestion. You could also just add an all-in-one bathroom next to the stage. Movie Stuff, Island Paradise or Into the Future each have one. An outdoor shower would be even better though, as it's less likely to be used by other visitors.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Spikefan74 wrote: »
    My sim is in the singer career, and one of the fails happened 3 times so far where her but caught fire. Is there a setting in Nraas to prevent this or put it out? Or a mod or something? There is no extinguish self unless you run to a shower. My sim was in the park twice, so she couldn't do anything. I had to reset her and then have her run to the shower lol.

Does it happen when your singer is doing sing-a-grams, when that device they use malfunctions? I've had that happen, but that fire has always gone out on its own, so I don't worry too much about it anymore.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    That shows how little I played that pack. Good info that this is nothing to worry about, @IreneSwift .
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited February 2020
    Oooh, I should play Showtime careers more. ~evil grin~. I’ve always enjoyed seeing sims turn into ambulatory torches.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Valentina always had that happen to her. Guess that's what happens when you make a singer have the clumsy trait...

But on the plus side, Clumsy is fun. They trip at the oddest times. I'm surprised they don't drop things though...
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    edited February 2020
    Another thing that happens when a singer has the clumsy trait is that they drop their microphone and guitar a lot when they're performing on stage. Sometimes when they lift their hand up in a pose, the microphone slips out of their hand, flies up into the air, then conks them on the head when it comes back down. They can also throw their back out and slobber on their hand when they try to throw a kiss to the audience. Those things happen with sims who don't have the clumsy trait, but they happen a lot more when they do. I'm planning to try a clumsy acrobat sometime in the near future.
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    How old is your sim? My teen sim's butt caught fire every time he did his homework with his girlfriend, don't ask me why, but he grew out of it when he turned into a young adult. Hopefully your sim will grow out of.
    @IreneSwift Oh my! Now I want to play a clumsy singer! I've never noticed those details. Thanks! :-D
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Maybe its a case of "liar liar pants on fire" ? :D:D:D:D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @IreneSwift Oh my! Now I want to play a clumsy singer! I've never noticed those details. Thanks! :-D

Yeah, it's hilarious.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This thread's subject line makes my inner child snicker every time I see it has a new post. All I can think of is that the sim may want to re-evaluate their diet. They are perhaps not getting enough fiber...or maybe too much, nutritional balance is important.

Then again I did just have a sim's posterior catch fire the other day from a magic jellybean. I had forgotten that one of them can do that. Luckily there was an All In One outhouse right next to the jellybean bush, so it didn't take much effort to extinguish the problem. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I thought too much fibre was a catalyst in spontaneous posterior ignition? @igazor. But then again i’m no medical expert. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    This thread's subject line makes my inner child snicker every time I see it has a new post. All I can think of is that the sim may want to re-evaluate their diet. They are perhaps not getting enough fiber...or maybe too much, nutritional balance is important.

I keep thinking its "anatomically correct" and we can't talk about that here! :D:D:D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Spikefan74 wrote: »

As she gets higher skill it should happen less often. It's part of the challenge of being in the singer career. I try to remember to load my singers up with shower in a can so she can take care of the problem.

Here's a few examples of what one of my singers went through before she got me the singergram badge.

Singagram037.jpg

Screenshot-130.jpg

Singagram036.jpg

Screenshot-132.jpg

Screenshot-133.jpg

Singagram035.jpg

Singagram032.jpg

Singagram033.jpg

Singer-On-Fire001.jpg

Singagram019.jpg

Finally she got the singagram badge. I forget the details of what she had to do exactly - but she did it. Way back in 2017.

Singagram-Badge001.jpg

Happy Simming
    @Karritz Amazing badge! I still can't recall having that trouble with my singer sim.
    Nonetheless, that gives me ideas. >:-D

BTW this topic is on fire! B)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Karritz Amazing badge! I still can't recall having that trouble with my singer sim.
    Nonetheless, that gives me ideas. >:-D

BTW this topic is on fire! B)

It's only one particular singagram that does it. I forget which one though but she needed to keep doing it to get the badge.
    edited February 2020
    I'll do that challenge!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Well igazor beat me to it but I'm just here to say, this thread title makes me giggle every time I notice it.
    I’ve never played any of the incendiary Showtime careers so unfortunately I have yet to experience my sims excreting a blowtorch out their posterior crevice.

However I must caution you about feeding your sims spicy food. It appears they do a satisfactory imitation of a flame-thrower however no blast-offs from the chair which would have been unbelievably hilarious. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer If you decide you want to see that for yourself, you get an even better chance with an acrobat. When they juggle torches, they have a pretty decent chance of setting themselves on fire. Then they drag themselves over the floor until it goes out.
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    Earcat wrote: »
    How old is your sim? My teen sim's butt caught fire every time he did his homework with his girlfriend, don't ask me why, but he grew out of it when he turned into a young adult. Hopefully your sim will grow out of.

Ah yes, I remember when I was teen and I kept catching fire. Darn hormones
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Earcat wrote: »

Ah yes, I remember when I was teen and I kept catching fire. Darn hormones

It made me wonder what subject they were studying.