Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids won’t go to school!

I started up my game, but had to save/quit and repair as they couldn’t access the fridge. It does now seem to be accessible.
Something else I noticed, however, is that my family’s three kids will not go to school! They got scolded for skipping school. I made the daughter (one of triplets) physically walk to the school building and tried to send her in that way, she stood around in front of the school and the progress bar was filling, but she wasn’t actually in school. She sure got a new lot of homework, though *eyeroll*
I tried googling but all the results seem to be to do with Sims 4 and sometimes 2, and this is Sims 3 I’m playing!

Help!

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,967 Member
    I decided to bulldoze the school (Brittlebush Academy in Lucky Palms) and replace it with Par Excellence Prep School. Hopefully things work now...
  • larrylove12larrylove12 Posts: 499 Member
    I had a similar issue a while ago, I found out that sometimes there are too many sims trying to get into a building at once. There’s an nraas mod that makes all rabbithole doors accessible for them. You might wanna check out if you use mods. That solved the issue for me!
    tumblr_ogtd5r3cOT1s3ulybo1_400.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    The fridge issue is often caused by having the pizza oven in use on the lot.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,967 Member
    I managed to solve the fridge issue by save-quitting and repairing the game. I'd had it before, before I'd downloaded the pizza oven. It seems to be working fine.

Things are working OK now!