Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ice Cream Truck

I don't think I'm exaggerating much when I say that the ice cream truck is the worst addition in any expansion pack of any game ever. Wherever my Sim goes, it follows; sometimes getting there ahead of them, like it "knows" where they're going. I always delete it.
Seriously, is EA addicted to ice cream? And don't even get me started on llamas. Wow.
Be safe.

Comments

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'm sure the creepiness of the ice cream truck is intentional.
    The llamas have been a running gag already in SimCity, which is kind of endearing.

Also, there you have one reason why people choose to play with mods :wink: , even if the ice cream truck specifically doesn't really faze me one way or the other.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Haunting our sims since 2011 :D

Most of the time I just try to ignore it. Though sometimes I'd let my sims grab an iced lolly if they had a really rough day.
    Plus I was first introduced to the sims franchise via its spinoff, 'MySims' which has that same melody played over and over again at an NPC's ice-cream boutique so it was kinda nostalgic to me, personally. Same as the music played in Supermarket rabbit-hole venues.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Your sims haven't lived until they have been stalked by an entire fleet of over-spawned ice cream trucks as they attempt to cross the burning hot deserts of Al Simhara. But yes, that annoyance can be throttled or done away with entirely by using the NRaas Traffic mod for those so inclined. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited February 2020
    The only thing that seriously annoys me about those ice-cream trucks is the fact that they park right outside the house and sit there. I mean city hall won’t even issue a nuisance violation. And what if my sims want to park in front of their house?

I finally tuned them with NRAAS (Traffic?) and essentially made it so that my house wasn't a place where they were allowed to park. It was the sims 3 equivalent of a
    T5677.jpg sign.

Don’t know if it’s because I’m getting old and irascible but a vehicle taking up a space that I pay the city hall taxes on will result in my having the offender removed.
    Screenshot-74.jpg
    Yeah, maybe I’m getting cranky in my old-age.

Maybe I really need a nap.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I like the ice cream truck. Sometimes I send my sims out to get ice cream. But I use NRaas Traffic to limit it in the home world and eliminate it from WA worlds.
  • Options
    JustinRideJustinRide Posts: 16 Member
    Wait, what ep or stuff pack brings in an ice-cream truck? I don't have all of the eps, i know late night gave us food trucks with the Mmm, greasy! moodlet! :3
  • Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Wait, what ep or stuff pack brings in an ice-cream truck?

Pets.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    The ice cream truck is creepy. I always expect that old man from Family Guy coming out of it with a big net and stealing my sims
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I eliminate them completely in every world I play in. I detest that thing
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    How do you eliminate them completely from your game? This is something I need to do.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Just buy something. They won't bother you again.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    How do you eliminate them completely from your game? This is something I need to do.

NRaas Traffic allows you to limit or remove them.
  • Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member

I have made my Sims buy stuff from the ice cream truck. They still come around.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

I have made my Sims buy stuff from the ice cream truck. They still come around.

Maybe the truck knows your Sims have a sweet tooth. It's never come back to mine.

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I got a mod to get rid of it completely. I can't stand that thing, always creeping around my neighbourhood, lurking outside my sims houses.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I don't seem to find they annoying, they do stop by the house, but follow my sims, I have never had that problem. I kind of like the ice cream truck, reminds me when I was a kid. we were all so happy to see it. got our favorite ice creams. I do let my sims buy from the ice cream truck. I guess it is like the IF some don't care for them, but I love the IF. I always let my sims marry them, if they have one.
  • Options
    MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    Heh You know, I haven't been playing with Pets very long, but it hasn't fully bothered me, yet. I am sure it will get to that point/.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member

That's what I was going to say. After I bought something, I hardly saw the thing again. I've even had to search around to figure out where it was going so my Sim could go get ice cream. Maybe it's just luck?

I love the food trucks too.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01