Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why good sims autonomously troll forums?

2...Next

Comments

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Forum trolling, phone obsession, and blicbloc are why most of my Sims live off the grid.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I ban computers from my sims' homes. Unless they have an evil/mean/hot-headed child. Then I deliberately allow them access so they troll all day long and work their way to the argumentative trait (Parenthood required).
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    The character you make a sim with base traits and skills, will make them more interested in doing things other than sleep, eat, pee/poop, troll the forums. Extra traits enhance or hinder it depending on their ambition and skills and base traits. For autonomy, true. Basically just fulfill their current needs, like eat,sleep,pee/poop, fun, mischief. To counter that, give them a skill like painting, comedy, charisma, music of any instrument, cooking, mixology, handicraft, etc. Make them do it. That sim sucks at first, but by level 3 in a skill that sim gets interested in it more and will do it autonomously. An active sim other than basic needs with more likely do physical stuff, for example. But go with the traits for the best growth on autonomy.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    As far as I understood the trait, is that a good sim loves positiv feelings (moodlets) around him which makes him really happy. That doesn't necessarily mean that the sim is a well behaved sims. So trolling is okay for a good sims. With trolling you could also make other sims happy, if the target a sim who spread negativity in a sim forum. >:)
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    That is something I definitely would like to see touched on, traits being able to stop autonomous actions like forum trolling while being 'Good.'
    37mfj.png
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I posted about my sims autonomously daring others to streak especially when a guests arrives. It's only just started recently, the last patch or two. It happens with any sim even if they are not playful or have any traits that would cause it. Someone mentioned they have had it since DU came out, maybe it's tied to that. Now I've seen this thread I have noticed a lot more trolling on the forums with sims that wouldn't normally do it as well.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    RamiSamii wrote: »
    That is something I definitely would like to see touched on, traits being able to stop autonomous actions like forum trolling while being 'Good.'

The forum trolling didn't bother me until last night when one of my married couples leveled up in mischief and started insulting each other. Both have the good trait.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    If traits don't mean anything, then how do you explain that active Sims want to constantly work out? Or that foodie Sims eat all the time and watch cooking TV? There are no moods or moodlets involved in these cases.

Please, don't make it seem worse than it is. I do agree, however, that if a Sim already has developed a skill, they are more prone to using/further develop it. That is likely the case with the mischief skill and trolling the forums.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2020
    The problem is they didn't think about anything. The more the Sim autonomously does these things they get a better mischievous skills set. So, if that is how they wanted it to work (never mind the Sim was good) then why haven't they turned evil...? See, traits are just a sticky note that doesn't mean anything. Because we know as your heart gets full of mischief the darker you go...to pure evilness....eventually, but not in TS4, it's just a sticky note label that means nothing. There isn't even any follow up gameplay of when a good Sim went wrong and turned evil. Or any regret emotion or nothing. Point I'm making gameplay is shallow, because even if a good person does something wrong (for them) then they would try to atone somehow, or correct it, and or walk around with guilt. One way or another TS4 is way too shallow.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    If traits don't mean anything, then how do you explain that active Sims want to constantly work out? Or that foodie Sims eat all the time and watch cooking TV? There are no moods or moodlets involved in these cases.

Please, don't make it seem worse than it is. I do agree, however, that if a Sim already has developed a skill, they are more prone to using/further develop it. That is likely the case with the mischief skill and trolling the forums.
    Active and foodie/glutton are one of the few traits that actually do waaay more than just give you a moodlet. Makes you wish other traits were this engaging. Seriously if you ever had a glutton sim you would know how many pizzas they go through when pregnant.

MMX wrote: »
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    You never had a supposedly 'good' person troll you with their 'holier than thou' attitude? Good people can be the worst!
    I believe you are referring to narcissism. A typical good person wouldn't feel the need to go around and tell people about how morally upstanding they are.
    I feel like they're more referring to self-righteous people, trust me those can be annoying with their nagging.
    Oh Vampiris you shouldn't take that person's chips even if they did try to take yours, it's not right
    Oh Vampiris you shouldn't scare people, it's mean
    Oh Vampiris you shouldn't try to launch people into the sun, it's rude

Bleh, bunch of fun ruiners
    EMrBkJP.png
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    MMX wrote: »
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    You never had a supposedly 'good' person troll you with their 'holier than thou' attitude? Good people can be the worst!
    I believe you are referring to narcissism. A typical good person wouldn't feel the need to go around and tell people about how morally upstanding they are.
    I feel like they're more referring to self-righteous people, trust me those can be annoying with their nagging.
    Oh Vampiris you shouldn't take that person's chips even if they did try to take yours, it's not right
    Oh Vampiris you shouldn't scare people, it's mean
    Oh Vampiris you shouldn't try to launch people into the sun, it's rude

Bleh, bunch of fun ruiners
    Narcissism is close, but self-righteous is definitely the word I am looking for. When a person acts self-righteous and 'holier than thou,' they are likely either misguided or faking it to enhance their own image. When I saw the 'Good' trait in the game, I was expecting it as being neither of the two.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Actually I don't think trolling the forums has to be an evil thing. In real life, trolling a forum could just mean visiting to get connected in some way to the community of whatever the forum is about.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Perhaps the Good trait is similar to the "Nice" guy in real life that is anything but nice and the game is lampooning this in a subtle way.