Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 3 results reveal!

Comments

• Jrv91991Jrv91991 Posts: 6 New Member
    @SimGuruSarah So we only get 7 clothing items to knit in total? I understand that it’s a stuff pack, but that seems very minimal for a pack based on knitting. You said that a top was swapped with a child’s sweater that was ranked 28!? That just tells me the actual top 15 items weren’t included which is really disappointing. I was expecting so much better than this.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I am glad that some folks are happy about the results. I'm not 'in love' with some of the items that were collectively chosen because they look very similar to some of the CAS items already in game. It would have been nice to have things that were a new design to the game instead. That's just my take, though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Thankyou for sharing the process with us Sarah!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    But whoever didn't vote for not one pet item should call me. I just want to talk 😏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    But... but... the llama hat... you... why would you not vote for the adorable llama hat?!

My sims don't wear hats, so I didn't vote for any. I hardly payed attention to them at all and mostly voted for child and toddler outfits instead.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Thank you for sharing the results.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2020
    Only one hat and no socks. Wow. I feel so invalidated as a knitter! My sims will be the first knitters I've ever heard of that don't do fairly regular donations to hospitals and homeless shelters because there are just so. many. hats.
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    I really wish the kitty outfit had made it.
  • bcd87bcd87 Posts: 8 New Member
    Sad but not surprised 65 didn't make the cut. It was my favorite item, but it didn't seem particularly popular.

Will 70 and 80 have some masculine swatches? Boys need clothes too.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I only see maybe one or two things I voted for. Thought there would be more options for females. Oh well.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'm surprised by the winning cas items. 5 out of my 15 picks made the final results (50, 52, 55, 77, 80). I didn't expect the item I found most interesting (50) to make the final cut as it doesn't really look like a knitting related piece of garment, it's just a really cool jacket. So I'm happy about that. Still disappointed about there only being 4 cas assets for male sims, I mean, there's nothing specifically for boys and toddler boys.
    I also find it funny that the theme is knitting, yet we have tops like 33 in there. I don't know why but I don't think we needed any more tank tops or jeans (especially for female sims).

We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.

Just to clarify the original quote, while we have a lot of tank or crop tops for female sims, and there may be a good number of people who would like to see this type of cas asset less frequently or in smaller numbers in favor of other types of clothing, I want to stress the importance that we need MORE of these for MALE sims. We need lots more tank tops, sleeveless T-shirts, sleeveless hoodies, sleeveless vests, and even crop top shirts. Heck, feel free to throw in a shirtless overall (can you believe there's 2 overalls for female sims and there aren't any at all for male sims?)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    finally men clothings.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    @SimGuruSarah
    I do not know if I'm talking for everyone, but personally I really, really dislike CAS unlocks, be that from a career or from the new knitting skill. Please consider adding something extra to the knitted clothes to make it worth creating them ingame! I'm not sure what that extra might be, definitely not a buff. Maybe a small interaction that becomes availabe when the sim is wearing the knitted clothes? Something like "ask for pattern" or "show off handknit clothes".
    What's everyone else thinking about CAS unlocks?
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    @EnkiSchmidt I have no problem with cas unlocks. cas.fulleditmode lets you unlock cas items if you don't want them locked for you. It's optional. I would personally like to see sims have their own clothing inventory and they had to buy their clothes at retail outlets in game (didn't sims 2 have this feature? - it's been a while since I played sims 2)
  • chesscaribouchesscaribou Posts: 2 New Member
    Only one of my choices got picked, man I must have some bad taste to y'all :'( :D
    Disappointed about the hats mostly; they were so creative and the best one definitely did not make it imo but oh well, I don't have to buy all of them
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2020
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    @EnkiSchmidt I have no problem with cas unlocks. cas.fulleditmode lets you unlock cas items if you don't want them locked for you.

There is no cheat to unlock clothing in CAS. Easiest way to give new sims knitted locked clothing would be to merge them with a household that has unlocked them.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    So all the ugly gray boring stuff made it, but the fun stuff didn't...pfft....why does that not surprise me?
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    But whoever didn't vote for not one pet item should call me. I just want to talk 😏

I didn't vote for a single pet item. Just not into pet clothes. I also didn't vote for any of the hats. Its not that I didn't like them, I just don't put hats on my sims. I mostly voted for kids clothes and am a little disappointed that there are so few in this pack. The two toddler outfits we got are adorable though and are two that I voted for.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm happy with most of these. I do wish the child's 92 sweater was in as it seemed perfect for knitting and would have swapped it for 71 cuz we already have an almost identical item, but this was some needed stuff and several of my picks are in so I'm thrilled
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I don't believe that is what we voted for! The majority looks like outfits we already have. I guess the real votes was over looked.🙄
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    Why did anyone waste a vote on #33? I just don't get it...
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I just checked and 5 of them were my votes and several I loved but couldn't pick. I didn't vote for pet stuff, no desire to dress up animals, and I did vote one hat but not the one that made it in. Hats don't usually work with my sims hair styles. I wish we could have more than 15 though, haha as there were so many beautiful picks to choose from.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    @EnkiSchmidt I have no problem with cas unlocks. cas.fulleditmode lets you unlock cas items if you don't want them locked for you. It's optional. I would personally like to see sims have their own clothing inventory and they had to buy their clothes at retail outlets in game (didn't sims 2 have this feature? - it's been a while since I played sims 2)

Oh, a personal inventory I'm perfectly fine with! It's just the unlock part that I could live without.

And, yes, it is Sims 2 that has this feature. Sims receive a free outfit upon growing up, everything else has to be bought. Once an item gets purchased for the household, all sims of the same age and gender can wear it (even several sims at the same time, and the clothes stay with the household, so it's not really a personal inventory).
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    DISCLAIMER: Designs are still In Progress and could change during development.

I wanted to share a little bit about the gameplay and the results with you all. The CAS items numbered in blue are the items we're currently planning to let you craft via the knitting skill.

finalcas.png

With the community voted Stuff Packs we try to respect the vote as much as possible. This pack is unique in that the CAS assets have actual gameplay implications since you will be able to knit (some) of the clothing items. With that in in mind we swapped one adult female top for a child sweater(#80) in order to have something to knit for kids. This child sweater was ranked 23rd in overall votes.

The current plan is to let you unlock different clothing knits (and objects) at different skill levels, similar to how existing crafting skills work in game. We're investigating having these crafted clothing items only unlock in CAS after they are crafted, but that may or may not make it into the final game. Knitted Objects would work like current craftable objects, in that they are not available in the Build/Buy catalog, but you can craft them and then place them in the world.

We'll have more details to share about the gameplay in the coming weeks and months. Why does it take so long for us to talk about gameplay? Because of development schedule for Stuff Packs we have to front load art assets (clothing and objects). When we select these assets we know the pack theme, the art style, and the major gameplay feature(s), but the specifics of the designs aren't worked out yet because we don't start working on the gameplay (coding, tuning, text, etc...) until much later, usually right before or right after the art assets are complete.

I hope you find this information interesting and insightful.

Have a great weekend, and Happy Simming <3

Two of my votes made it in! 41 and 71!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top