Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Devilariah wrote: »
    Wait do we have to actually apply the ''off the grid'' lot trait ? ;p

Since it's not actually specified in the brief, I woudln't think so.
    image.png
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare .

Also, Anyone else having trouble keeping within Budget ?

;) Diane Pinkus

YES!
    currently on my 3rd home xD how about you ? =)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited February 2020
    I debugged and I debugged and I debugged some more but yes it is possible, not fancy, pretty small.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Yes, @Devilariah & @JojoMOMSTER , I used so many debug objects my head is spinin & I am on my 3rd try too...

Hopefully the 3rd is the Charm.... ;)
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    Does fully stocked bookcase mean we have to buy every book?
    Lehua wrote: »
    Does fully stocked bookcase mean we have to buy every book?

The bookcaces come with books, but no, you don't have to buy all of them unless you decide you have the budget for them.
    image.png
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Well it looks like my third home is working out :D
    Hows it going with your builds ?^^
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    Devilariah wrote: »
    Well it looks like my third home is working out :D
    Hows it going with your builds ?^^

Done with the house working on the yard. The roof took me the longest I suck at roofs.

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I have to Sim test mine.

Yes, my 3rd house, I squeezed in just under the budget !

Thank goodness, but Only after so many tweaks and visits to the Debug menu !

I m gonna take my time, Sim testing & with photographing for the album slideshow..

I am Happy with what I created- Also I went another way with the build...

Sooo, Happy Creating everybody !
  • SE08SE08 Posts: 26 Member
    Hey everyone! Does anyone happen to know if BnS#130 has been scored yet? I saw the results for 129, 131, and 132, but not for 130. I am just wondering because that was the first challenge I participated in. I want to participate in this one too, but I'm not sure what level to put myself as without the feedback from the other challenge.
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @SE08 I'm trying to find out about the judging on 130 for you. But, in the meantime, I know for a fact that you were placed in the Established category. Keep using that one, and the judges will let you know when you're ready to move up. :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @SE08 I was reminded that Challenge 130 was part of the Whimseyville Neighborhood. Due to the community nature of these challenges, and the fact that everyone was building something different with no budgets, there was no judging. It was a "just for fun" project! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    I have not been in my game all week or longer. I need to remember what I was thinking when I photographed my lot and sift through about 200 photos to decide what to use and what I want to re-photograph and then put them in a cohesive order with coherent comments. But I kind of want to build. Greek courtyard. . . No! I need to make my slideshow first.
    I have not been in my game all week or longer. I need to remember what I was thinking when I photographed my lot and sift through about 200 photos to decide what to use and what I want to re-photograph and then put them in a cohesive order with coherent comments. But I kind of want to build. Greek courtyard. . . No! I need to make my slideshow first.

You can reward yourself by building that Greek Courtyard after you finish your slideshow. ;-)
    image.png
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    I am saving my room at Medium wall height. But when I place it for testing it is Short wall height. So high placed items disappear. Is this normal?
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @shakerella, yes it is normal for things to go missing if the lot is set to a lower wall height than the height you made the room. I can't speak for everyone else, but when I upload a room, I put the wall height of the room in the description (short, medium or tall) so folks can set the lot to the right wall height. And of course the reverse is true if you put a short wall height room on a lot set for tall wall heights, there will be a lot of empty space all over.
    PDWxp40.jpg
    @lsnishi How do you set the lot height? Other than building I did not know there was a way to set a lot height before placing/building anything.
    @shakerella I think put a piece of wall. Set the height, delete
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Yes, just like @JojoMOMSTER said. If you're placing a room, put up a wall piece of the wall height of the room THEN place the room. If you're placing a full lot, the lot will default to the lot height of the build. So you only really have to worry about setting a wall height when you place rooms @shakerella!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #134 - Hawthorne X: The Ravenwoods
    FORUM ID: Archer_sim
    ORIGIN ID: Saturnspoon
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Windenburg: Cottage Am See
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B8CCFFB6553511EA8C7B91AF13390B02?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $1,500
    GALLERY COST: $37,725
    TOTAL COST: $39,225
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/16an4RU
    ENTRY DETAILS: Brookhill is a cozy home for the Ravenwoods, inspired by American Gothic Revival-style architecture. Lord Ravenwood is thrilled with their new home but Lady Ravenwood doesn't seem to feel the same. Please checkout my slideshow to find out if they'll decide to make a go of it here or keep looking for something more suitable.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used.

ON3pwY8.png
    qgqxYcr.png
    @Archer_Girl I love your home and the story that goes with it. It is absolutely cozy!
    FORUM ID: shakerella
    ORIGIN ID: shakerella
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C65BBB07558811EA87259D05B2E585BB
    GALLERY COST: $10,430
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/vSHLQsl
    ENTRY DETAILS: Lady Ravenwood's Hobby Room. The bookcases are full and keep her mental health strong. There are many skill books to help her adjust to this new life. Lady Ravenwood loves the violin and serenades her husband often. Painting is a stress relief for Lady Ravenwood. She plans to fill her home with her artwork. The easel is placed by the windows for true light in the day. Decoration items around the room remind them of their most recent trips: A chicken they picked up from a vendor in Oasis Springs, a picture of Lady R from Windenburg, artwork scroll from San Myshuno, basket from Selvadora holding a piece of coal they found in Granite Falls. The coal reminds them of home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

SPACE FOR PICTURES: KPHRuIf.jpg
    oB2glh9.jpg
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    edited February 2020
    FORUM ID: Leashahampton
    ORIGIN ID: LeashaLoves
    LEVEL: First Entry
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cottage Am See, Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: The Charmer https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/884A9FF855D211EA891A9D05B2E585BB
    LOT COST: $1500
    GALLERY COST: $38489
    TOTAL COST: $39989
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/kvxkw45
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to try and recreate a Folk Victorian style house, that was entirely off grid, The house is in Windenburg as it is a quieter, slow paced town. There is Fishing spots right outside the house, with plenty of room to grow vegetables, and to maintain a beautiful garden. There is a bike on the porch for transportation and fitness. I made the nursery gender neutral, as that surprise will only be revealed at birth. I decorated in a style that the family should be use to.

I was having trouble getting everything to place when replacing the lot (not due to MOO) I was reading/ researching, and it seems to be a glitch/bug e.g the fireplace would disappear (if you download my lot)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Ok but go easy on me :D
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NONE

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 5k3bZsa.png
    POqPtnW.png

Post edited by leashahampton on
    rzsH227.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    edited February 2020
    FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Brooks Bridge Borough, Glimmerbrook 30x20
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C3CF866A562311EA8888D0744F9D1960
    LOT COST: 1,750
    GALLERY COST: 38,240
    TOTAL COST: 39,990
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/zwLAPdM
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Whilst their 40k budget didn't allow us to rebuild the large Stately Home that the Ravenswood's used to call home, after getting a very comprehensive description from Lady Ravenswood we have recreated the Gatehouse and the Gazebo from Ravenswood Estate. The home includes a drawing room, dining kitchen, parlour for Lady Ravenswood, study for Lord Ravenswood, the main bedroom and a nursery, and the Gazebo is now Lord Ravenswood's outdoor workshop.
    Note: Oil lamps might suit the Ravenswoods perfectly but drove our photographer nuts, so we would like to thank A Lamp Named Claudine for her huge assistance in getting shots of the interior that are actually visible!!

Build notes: I knew straight away what I wanted to do with this build as I've had three separate friends who have lived in old Gatehouses and I've loved them all. I had to go hunting for one that would translate into a sims build though so the original inspiration was this building. Fitting everything into the budget was a fun challenge (I *really* wanted to keep the piano and chimneys, it made for some tough decisions!!) however I've been building starters recently so actually 40k seemed like quite a lot! I've been practicing with TOOL and watching some tutorials, so I've tried some new things in this build but anything MOO'd has been thoroughly playtested and all works perfectly. Everything also stays put if placed without MOO (apart from one irritating $73 item that I can't even find, so it's clearly nothing critical :D )

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Beautiful NoCC art by @AlJay @Juwels64 @NaJoPau Excellent all season spliced plants by @SheriGR (my new go to items in every build now!! <3 )

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

kDBFp6A.png

aO0ChGI.jpg
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    edited February 2020
    I need to visit this thread more while I'm building, didn't realise how chatty you'd all been! I didn't set my house as off grid because I agree with @JojoMOMSTER , for me it's just too irritating to play so I tend to ignore now :/

Now my build is up I've been having a look at everyone else's..great work everyone!

@iampes23 Oh you put the broken time machine in! That's genius, never occurred to me <3 I had a well but it cost more than my Gazebo, so bye bye well....seing yours made me wish I'd kept it. Such a lovely home and the written detail in your slideshow is fantastic, I love the idea that he crafted the cot and she made the bedspread :)

@wendyology That's a pretty house! I hope the budget let you keep it, if not you should defo finish it anyway, I'd love to see it

@Archer_Girl That's an awesome lot choice, those posts pics look perfect. Your slideshow story is awesome too, so clever! I nearly forgot to look at the build I was so busy finding out if she was going to come round to the house or demand they move out :D I did look though and I agree with Lord Ravenswood, it's lovely :)

@shakerella Great room and great back story to it :)

@leashahampton Such a pretty house and I love how you've included the couple in your slideshow :) That entryway with the staircase looks so grand. I think I'd spend all my time in that kitchen dining room next the fire though, such a cosy room!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top