Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Can daycare be altered so that it is optional? Not all parents send their kids to daycare and I think it would be better for it to be something you have to choose whether the family uses it or not. Similarly, I'd love to see an addition where if parents are going out and its somewhere they can't take the children (like a bar), they have an option to call a family member or family friend to watch their children for a while instead of a nanny automatically being called. Again, not every family uses nannies, and I feel it would be more realistic and diverse to choose which families use it.
  • KaruminuKaruminu Posts: 19 Member
    Could we please have a pool table and billiards added to recreation & activities? As well as air hockey tables, pinball machines and arcade games too!

And concerning swimming pool activities, could we have waterfalls, sprinklers and fountains to make it more fun? And waterpolo for the sporty types!

To make museums more interesting, why not add dinosaur, outer space, and anceint history exhibit items? Just picture giant dinosaur bones and a sandpit for kids to simulate digging for bones like a real archeologist, mummified Egyption pharoahs and ancient artifacts from Greece, China, Egypt on display, and a planetorium to wow and enlighten visitors on the vast mysterious of outer space beyond our solar system and galaxy! They could boost logic and archeology and possibly new skills. (And can you bring back regular sized telescopes and normal sized microscopes when looking at plant cuttings up close?)

Thank you in advance!
    Oh, one thing I wanted to bring up. One time when dining out at a restaurant on a date, after waiting a long time for pizza, just before one of my Sims was gonna eat, the waiter then takes the pizza back and proceeds to eat it our food!! Can you please preprogram the food servers to be more professional?! :s
    And please give us the ability to adjust the heights of our Sims!
  • Smallblond01Smallblond01 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love the acting career, though for some time the completion of my preparation tasks keep disappearing. I don't know what causes it, but it is pretty frustrating. Hope something can be done about it soon.
  • TahluaTahlua Posts: 20 Member
    Would love to see:

- a flute or an Irish Whistle (skill)

:)
  • mayorbrentonmayorbrenton Posts: 5 New Member
    There should be character values for sims of all ages so you can see what pro and con values your sims have and how you can improve or decrease them. Not just for children and teens. Plus simology should have better info than the traits
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'd love to have an overhaul of what a Sim has to do to get a job.

1. With the exception of odd jobs and freelancer, only 3 or 4 jobs should be available randomly for offer every day, (The amount could be 5 or 6 if you look for a job using a computer) plus 1 job for teens.

But why? With job sites like Indeed or LinkedIn, it's more realistic nowadays to be able to look for and find any job your heart desires.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited February 2020
    I love the acting career, though for some time the completion of my preparation tasks keep disappearing. I don't know what causes it, but it is pretty frustrating. Hope something can be done about it soon.

i do like most of it...but i really dislike it forcing me to get acquainted with random generated sims. i prefer to keep them out of my gameplay and the acting career floods the world with even more of them. i wish they would have made premade directors and actors! where are Judith Ward and Venessa Jeong?? i have never seen them participate in the career...just more Genji Ghomaris >.<. i would also very much prefer them to tone the generation of them down a notch or three in general. it is ludacris how fast the world gets utterly flooded and dominated by them. i also want them to prevent the game from using premades as bouncers, bartenders and such and use those useless and immersion/storyless randoms for those jobs (aren't they spawned for them to begin with instead of haunting my sims every step??)

• lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    What I'd like to see in the game:

Traits: Definitely more traits. Even though it can be kind of dry trying to choose only 3 traits, so more reward traits would be just as nice. I also think being able to choose extra traits from rewards would be cool too. For example, if I chose Creative, Perfectionist, Good in CAS and wanted more traits from CAS ON TOP OF those 3, I could buy them and maybe make my Sim Creative, Perfectionist, Good, Romantic, Jealous.

Werewolves: NOT the old movie type werewolves, but the SHIFTER kind often featured in romance novels. These shifters usually shift from human form to animal form (not a hybrid) and can be wolf, big cat, bear, etc. In my opinion, these would be very easy to do since we already have Cats & Dogs -- just make a wolf instead of a dog and a larger cat, etc. I'd love this!! They could be able to have more influence on cats and dogs, be more romantic, playful, longer life and/or immortal, be stronger than human Sims, etc.

More Venue Types: I've been having lots of fun building Tiny Living homes. I play tested my first one and got hit with the Murphy bed only to have my Sim become uncomfortable with no way to ease the discomfort in such a small place. I sent her to the spa. Then, I thought it would be great to have a Community Center Venue where any Sim would show up and do things they can't do in their tiny home. I wanted it indoors with items I can't fit into my house and aren't in the other venue types. This could be a place to do DIY projects, play table tennis, etc. I'd also like some kind of indoor place for the toddlers and children, like a care center/play date venue with the option to leave the child there as an option to the rabbit hole daycare. The toddler/child could have skill gains while there, either random and/or selected (much like taking a skill class in Discover University.

Ladders: I absolutely love what we can do with stairs now, so I really don't feel the need for spiral stairs (though they did take up less space). Island Living gave us new ladders going into the ocean. We've had pool ladders for some time. Again, with Tiny Living, I'd love to be able to put ladders into my builds as an extra space saver.

Resorts: I'd like to see another vacation EP, like what seemed to be suggested in the survey -- some kind of Get Away EP with choices much like The Sims 3. I'm thinking France with nectar making, an Alpine Lodge with skiing, and Italy with fine art, sculpture, etc. Having a resort as a venue would be cool too where you can go at any time as well as owning a resort.

These have pretty much equal value to me in what I'd like to see.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    WEREWOLVES! I adore them and have been sorely missing them in Sims 4, their inclusion would make me ECSTATIC!

Also, face tattoos would be awesome! I saw in another thread someone saw something about a face tattoo in the assets for Island Living but we cannot see or use it in game and that's a little disheartening.

More control in general, especially with things like situational outfits (sorry to be blunt but they way that they're currently implemented is nothing short of abysmal) and NPC jobs, I'd like to be able to choose sims to be bartenders and librarians, and to have more control over which sims I can employ as veterinarians, restaurant workers and business employees. I'd also love to see more relationship types in CAS, like grandparent-grandkid, cousins, besties, lovers, fiancées, aunt/uncle-niece/nephew, etc.

More traits! Again, sorry to be blunt but the current selection of traits is sorely lacking and after a while, you start feeling like too many sims simply have the same personality. I'd also like more trait functionality, some traits just don't seem to do much. Emotional traits in particular I feel could be more fleshed out*, I'd say hotheaded is the only emotional trait that does a good job of what it does (I notice tons of little things making my hothead sims angry and it is definitely appreciated as it helps flesh out that sim's personality and make the trait that much more worthwhile. I was delighted when I realized hothead sims get mad instead of happy during the first snow of the year, lol).

*Some suggestions I have relating to this: Self-assured sims could become confident upon being complemented by another sim or after creating a high-quality craftable, romantic sims could become flirty after seeing their SO or a sim they have a romantic relationship with after a long absence (i.e. the other sim coming home from work or something), active sims could get hyped up after watching an action-packed movie or TV show, genius sims could become focused after watching something mentally stimulating on TV or creating a high-quality craftable, etc. Just little differences in reactions to minor things like that which would help the trait feel more impactful.
  • lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    Wall phones, please! Like the ones back from the 70s-80s.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    In game i would like to see slow dancing , being able to play as a band and with a lead singer , having romantic meals together , more to do with toddlers . hot tubs settings changed so our sims actually go in them and stay in them for a while . being able to go on holidays and stay in hotels , basically everything fleshed out more than it currently is
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I'm not sure if I'm right here?

It would be nice to have a decade gamepack/addon for outfits and/or gameplay. If I set my game into the 19th century, what I'm currently do, the townies should dress themself to this style too. It's kind of immersonbreaking when you see the townies in their strange different outfits. Same it would be in the flowerpower times or in the 1980s or even in the future set in to the 24th century. Their are too few options for the different decade clothes/stuff anyway. :)
    I don't suppose you could create rocking chairs? That would be so cute.
  • kw4222kw4222 Posts: 16 Member
    My want list:
    - slow dancing/ballroom-style dancing
    - nectar making! with ability to grow and care for vineyards
    - ability for sims to make money while tending a bar in public (this would be WONDERFUL in a free update!!!)
    - I also like the new roommate system, but I wish there was any easy way to mark Sims in your household as "NPC".
    - Sims to be able to own multiple homes
    - Medieval focused gameplay/world!
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2020
    My number one request is werewolves please, then fairies right after I feel us occult lovers have been so patient and it’s been 6 years and still nothing.

More traits and possibly trait slots, more stuff for elders and teens.

Once again more occult’s, I want werewolves, fairies, zombies, genies, and even some cute dragons

Also more active careers
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • TEYA711TEYA711 Posts: 23 Member
    I love Seasons in Sims 4, but, I would like an option feature added to allow windows to be defrosted during cold and freezing temperatures. I use a lot of windows in my builds so I can see outside. This has been compromised with the winter weather in the Seasons pack. I have lived through harsh wintry weather and our windows did not frost like the ones in the game, since the warmth inside helped prevent that. Please consider, I would love to look out at the snow covered landscape from inside a warm and toasty home. However, if there is already a way to do this in the game, please share. Thank you.
  • TEYA711TEYA711 Posts: 23 Member
    Also, I would like the makeup I create on a Sim for the 'Everyday' category to be the 'Default' for all categories. I would much prefer having the option to change the makeup for any given category only if I wanted to change it, instead of having to recreate the same makeup for each & every category. It would save so much time spent in CAS, and again, if there is a way to do this now, please share. Thank you.
  • CNJ93CNJ93 Posts: 30 Member
    The ability to turn on/off occult/supernatural stuff. E.g. it would be nice to be able to have a game which is completely realistic and another which might have all the supernatural/occult stuff. Or maybe I want to play a game that has vampires but not aliens and monsters under the bed...
  • violynne84violynne84 Posts: 1 New Member
    Spirituality and religion.

I notice that supernatural and borderline religious themes have lately been being introduced. There have always been ghosts, but of course there are vampires and magic now too. In the Island Living pack there are island spirits who you can placate and relate to, which is probably the most heavily "religious" theme yet. I also noticed that Islamic clothing options were added. Clearly there is some beginning movement beyond the purely materialistic that has always defined the Sims.

However, I see this being heavily slanted to either the frightening or the materialistic aspects of the spiritual world. With vampires and sorcerers, both on the "evil" or "power" side, what about a spiritual side that focuses on virtue? Altruism, feeding the poor, defending the helpless (maybe from the vampires?). Let the Sims dedicate their lives to higher things, not just try to avoid 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off some spirits or having their fridge raided by ghosts or hang some garlic to keep the vampires at bay. The Sims Medieval did a good job of this with the faithful getting moodlets for prayer and the priests taking action to try and uphold the moral fiber of their little medieval town and even help the king and others fight off evil threats.

As silly as the Sims manages to be with vampires and ghosts and magic, I'm sure it can be equally reverent with the opposite flavor of spirituality. Right now, it feels awfully unbalanced.
  • chuckjaymoorechuckjaymoore Posts: 60 Member
    More types of businesses to own other than Restaurants (Dine Out) and Retail (Get To Work). Adding Bars, Nightclubs, Lounges, and Spas and Gyms to the Owned Businesses Panel could give players more options for venues to manage. Hiring and managing bar tenders, Yoga instructors, fitness trainers, massage therapists and entertainers would give players control over what Sims work with them.

Get to Work was amazing for bringing 3 new jobs to players join their Sims for instead of just waiting for their Sims to return from work. It would be great if I can join my Sims for other jobs, including chef, bar tender, yoga instructor, fitness trainer, massage therapist, and entertainer.

Adding a destination to the base game would also be amazing. Taking my Sims on vacation is a must and also builders to be creative on what lots they build for the destination, allowing them to build a full neighborhood.
    Gallery ID: 1mooresimmer
    YouTube channel: youtube.com/@1mooresimmer/
    TikTok: tiktok.com/@1mooresimmer
  • B3L7A_G0thB3L7A_G0th Posts: 39 Member
    Wall phones, please! Like the ones back from the 70s-80s.
    I didn't know how much i needed this until now
    My Sims ID is KillerRaven125

Send me a friend request on The Sims 3 Exchange website so we can share builds!

Check out my gallery on Sims 4! (Haven't been playing Sims 4 for about a year now as I recently "discovered" Sims 3)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    We need stuff from the 1920's to 1970's. Also, the game to be able to switch from smartphone to olden day wooden telephone.
  • Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    > @Tahlua said:
    > Would love to see:
    >
    > - a flute or an Irish Whistle (skill)
    >
    > :)

And Irish Dancing as a skill would be neat, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top