Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 3 results reveal!

Comments

• Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I hope #49 comes without flowers? :)
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Jrv91991Jrv91991 Posts: 6 New Member
    I’m very disappointed with these results, nothing I voted for made it into the pack. I was really hoping for more of the hats, specifically the llama and cat hat. Having something for our pets as well would have been nice. I think this is what’s the problem with fan voted packs, all these possibilities are teased,and when you see something you really like not make it in, it’s disappointing.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    edited February 2020
    Several of my choices made it in. Really wanted that apron but it wasn't chosen.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The elephant onesie and yellow dress are my favorite. I actually wore dresses like the yellow one when I was little especially when doing fiesta dances with the dresses and skirts.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm very happy that kids and toddlers got something! If I'm lucky, I'll be able to use them in my 100 Baby Challenge when the pack comes out if I'm still going.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 53 SimGuru
    edited February 2020
    @SimGuruSarah.
    So, does that mean we could see number 78 as a knitting item? I might be barking up the wrong tree. (George Cahill from Strangerville would be happy with 51. Tally ho, chaps!)

Do you mean 77? If so, that dress will not be knit. It's meant to have that cozy hand crafted vibe, but it will not be made of a hand knit fabric.
  • SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 53 SimGuru
    I also find it funny that the theme is knitting, yet we have tops like 33 in there. I don't know why but I don't think we needed any more tank tops or jeans (especially for female sims).

We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.

This is a knitting pack, not a full arts & crafts pack. Embroidery and sequins are irrelevant.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    But... but... the llama hat... you... why would you not vote for the adorable llama hat?!
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Nooooooo, my Viking hat!!! :'(

Thank you, @SimGuruSarah for sharing some of the process!

This is a knitting pack, not a full arts & crafts pack. Embroidery and sequins are irrelevant.

Evidently not everyone agreed with you since there were far more than 15 knitted items available to vote on.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Three of the items I voted for are there. I only voted for 8 or 9 I think, so I'm glad any made it. Lol. I wasn't overly enthused about much of it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    But... but... the llama hat... you... why would you not vote for the adorable llama hat?!

I did.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I'm disappointed the cat slippers didn't make it. But happy about the pink hat !

I believe items we can knit should be extra items that make sense to knit (hats, scarves, socks, sweaters). I feel most people, me included, thought that we were only voting for cas items, not items to knit, it would have been nice to specify.

Also please let people that have cats and dogs knit something for their pets.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited February 2020
    @SimGuruSarah
    It was the one next to number 77, the pink knitted dress for female children.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/17383179#Comment_17383179
    (This is @auroraael14's vote, not mine, but the item in question is next to number 77.)
    77 is fine, though.
    Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'm ok with the choices/results. Not in love with the hat, and I wish the toddler shoes and the bunny slippers were included. Oh well. Really glad the male choices I voted for made the cut! Wish we could have gotten one male pants though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @simgirl1010 The apron is the one I am going to miss. Other than that, I am happy with the selections.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

I believe items we can knit should be extra items that make sense to knit (hats, scarves, socks, sweaters). I feel most people, me included, thought that we were only voting for cas items, not items to knit, it would have been nice to specify.

Definitely. I absolutely thought the CAS items would be separate to the items we can knit.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Choices 51 and 52 are really close looking.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    15 items and the current plan is that we can only knit 7 of them? I'm sorry, but seriously? This is a knitting pack and clothing is one of the most popular things people knit. We should be able to knit all of the CAS items that won (which I personally feel there should have been more of, but meh). This current plan means we can only ever knit 2 things for kids, both being for girls (unless the hat is intend for male children, but still that's only 1). That is ridiculously limited. Yes, it's only a stuff pack, but really? For a pack based on knitting, I think we should be able to knit nearly everything being added in this pack (CAS and objects).

I do hope the team will reconsider this. This just sounds way too limiting for a knitting pack to be only to knit some of the available items. Maybe if it was just one special piece that was always available in CAS it would be fine, but 7/15 is nearly half.

And I personally do think knitted items should be locked until knitted by a sim. Otherwise, what is the point of the skill at all if you can just make a sim with whatever outfit whenever you want? Just like we have items locked behind specific careers, I think it only makes sense that knitted clothing has to be unlocked in CAS. Heck, you need to befriend Patchy just to get his outfit, so why would you not be required to physically knit knitted clothes in order to get them?
  • lacianalaciana Posts: 29 Member
    I voted for a lot of the men's items, and my favorite #70 toddler onesie is in there. I really wish that there were a couple of pet items included as well.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I also find it funny that the theme is knitting, yet we have tops like 33 in there. I don't know why but I don't think we needed any more tank tops or jeans (especially for female sims).

Sparkles like they were bedazzled maybe?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I really wanted those toddler shoes :'(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    And with this I have lost all interest in this pack the art style is horrible the clothing the same only voted for 50. I apologize to all the Happy Haunt people I actually thought knitting would not be bad but they truly went all out ugly.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Jrv91991Jrv91991 Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="ChadSims2;c-17404177"]And with this I have lost all interest in this pack the art style is horrible the clothing the same only voted for 50. I apologize to all the Happy Haunt people I actually thought knitting would not be bad but they truly went all out ugly.

[/quote]
    I was one of those who voted for the happy haunts theme. I was really trying to stay optimistic about this pack, but not so much now. From the sounds of it this pack is very limiting and those cas items aren’t that good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top