Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird Mysteries While Playing!?!

I'm not sure how to even describe the first mysterious issue: I had been building/redesigning an occupied house in my game (just sent the couple just off the lot, so I had it all clear to work with). And while I didn't MEAN to, I ended up moving the rooms on the ground floor, around individually, while intending to take the whole house and move it back some, on the lot itself.

Well, all but one of the rooms lined up again seamlessly with the others around them. That one, a central area room, lined up and worked just fine (I've since redesigned again, and the area is now part of a much larger, "common room" area on the ground floor. But, unlike the other rooms, while it lined up, and worked fine, it wasn't seamless. The floor looked like a small, singular puzzle piece of sorts? Just set in, with the whole rest of the ground floor utterly seamless all around it!?!

And even though it's all part of the much larger open area now, the floor STILL looks like a singular puzzle piece, set in with the rest of the floor all around, seamless and looking fine/normal. It's utterly bizarre to me, and I have no idea what to do to fix it? The ground floor is on a low foundation level. So I couldn't figure out how to just re-floor the area. I tried covering the area with a larger area rug, but the puzzle piece design look, actually (Somehow???) still shows up, from beneath the rug!

If anyone can tell me how to fix this flooring issue(short of demolishing and rebuilding the house entirely), I'd be ever so grateful, thank you in advance!

The second mystery, is how my "Independent" toddler (who has movement skill enough to go up and down stairs), decided to go downstairs carrying a plate with a hot dog on it (I had mom bring it up to the second floor, and put it on a counter up there for him). He couldn't eat his hot dog sitting in a comfy, near by child's bear-chair, oh no. Apparently, even though he has the "Independent" toddler trait, he wanted to eat near his parents (who were on the ground floor doing separate things). So, he took the hot dog down the stairs with him.

Or...MEANT to, apparently. However, I was in the process of rearranging where I'd put the bear-chair upstairs, in the hopes that he'd re-route to it, rather than go down the stairs and all that way over to be near one of his parents. And I don't know if it was because of my moving the chair around (pause, move chair, un-pause, several times while he's heading for the stairs themselves), or what...But, one second he's at the top of the stairs, with the plate holding the hot dog....And the very next second, he's at the bottom of the stairs, the plate and hot dog no where to be found!?!

(I've made it up in my mind, that he must have stuffed the plate and hot dog somewhere out of sight, and then slid down the stairs banister to get to the bottom that fast!)

I've looked all over for that plate and hot dog. I can not find them ANYWHERE! And I'm afraid, that somehow he DID (well the game did, but it's funnier thinking the toddler did it) stick the plate and hot dog somehow somewhere I literally cant see. So...Yeah, if that's the case, once the hot dog spoils, there are going to be Sims complaining about the environment, and the sound of buzzing flies, and I am going to go mad, trying to track such down to get rid of it!

(Seriously, the buzzing flies sound is the WORST to me. Like nails down a chalkboard, I swear!)

So. If anyone's actually READ THROUGH all this, and could possibly help direct me to resolve this mystery as well, then again, I would be truly grateful!

One last thing...EVERY time I get a bee box in game, doesn't matter what household and lot, within 3 days tops, the bees get "Enraged", inexplicably (I mean seriously, nothing to make them that way, and they even had a good "Bond With Bees" relationship with the Sim that came to get the honey from the hive itself!). EVERY TIME. 3 days max, and those bees are attacking people anywhere near the hive box!

I'm going to try using the "Repair Game" feature, so maybe that might solve at least one or two of these mysterious issues...

But yeah, to quote Ted, "Weird things are afoot at the Circle K!" (Bonus points for anyone that can place that movie quote, without having to look it up online, first! *LOL*) :D

Comments

• Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    I'm not entirely sure what to make of your 'puzzle floor' problem without an image that shows what it looks like. I have had problems with mis-aligning rooms, rooms looking offset because they'd actually ended up unintentionally on different floors, a whole lot of shenanigans going on when accidentally removing floors, having higher than short walls on the first basement level while also having a foundation, and rooms within rooms when they get shuffled around. Sometimes I apparently just want to make a complicated build which the game really don't want me to (or more likely, the developers hoped I would never attempt). Maybe the 'puzzle piece' is the shadow of a piece of it's ceiling that wasn't removed in relation to the rest of the room, even though there aren't any walls directly around the 'puzzle piece'.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't know what to tell you about the puzzle piece issue. Perhaps as @Zimz4 suggested a screenshot might help.

With the other two things, are the stairs the toddler was going down enclosed? What I mean is, do they have walls? I know sometimes when a glitch happens Sims have popped down under stairs and are trapped unless you put a door on the stairwall or remove the stairs. Maybe the hotdog plate is under there too? Just a thought...

With the bees, do they perhaps have mites? Your Sims need to treat them for those if they do or they will be in a constant state of enragement. One thing that helps to keep bees calm too is to put a flower arrangement of crocuses near the hives. I don't think that would help if they have mites though.

Anyway, good luck I hope you get everything figured out. :)
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    edited February 2020
    One last thing...EVERY time I get a bee box in game, doesn't matter what household and lot, within 3 days tops, the bees get "Enraged", inexplicably (I mean seriously, nothing to make them that way, and they even had a good "Bond With Bees" relationship with the Sim that came to get the honey from the hive itself!). EVERY TIME. 3 days max, and those bees are attacking people anywhere near the hive box!

I'm going to try using the "Repair Game" feature, so maybe that might solve at least one or two of these mysterious issues...

But yeah, to quote Ted, "Weird things are afoot at the Circle K!" (Bonus points for anyone that can place that movie quote, without having to look it up online, first! *LOL*) :D

Have to build your relationship with the bees https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/beekeeping.php

crocus scented flower helps bees keep calm https://simsvip.com/2018/07/10/the-sims-4-seasons-bees-beekeeping/

• Options
    I’ve found that toddlers go wherever they want regardless of traits lol, but for the hotdog did you check his inventory? I’ve had random stuff pop in there before. Usually when they glitch while holding something it gets thrown to the floor tho but the sims is weird sometimes
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I can't help you with the puzzle piece room without seeing it first but with the toddler it sounds like you may have reset him you moved the chair. As for the hotdog plate, it might have just disappeared when the toddler reset. I've had it happen on occasion when i've reset a sim holding food. If it does turn out that it didn't disappear and it does go bad then check under the stairs like some others have suggested.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn