Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    This looks wonderful @Taoron
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    This February blueprint looks ginormous. What even is a "great room"? (I'll do a Google search later dw) And a separate room for breakfast? Should I even dare to make a starter home out of this? :lol:

What's even more impressive is y'all already have works in progress. You all are really talented builders. :blush:
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    edited February 2020
    Thank you @AlJay @rosemow ♥ Still a lot to do, but I am pleased with the shell. I'm thrilled that you like it, as well.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Way to go speedy @Taoron Your exterior is really nice, really really nice.
    @nucleonide great room is a fancy way to to say vaulted living room or lounge room
    Thank you @JojoMOMSTER It's a nice shell and gave good inspiration. Now the interior.....the hard part. LOL
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Taoron your shell looks gorgeous, how quickly you can build something so pretty amazes me! It will prob take me several hours over several days to get as far as you have and be reasonably happy with it, I’m a snail builder lol
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    @Taoron your shell looks gorgeous, how quickly you can build something so pretty amazes me! It will prob take me several hours over several days to get as far as you have and be reasonably happy with it, I’m a snail builder lol

Oh, trust me. There were a few hours in that. Thank you. ♥
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    That shell looks amazing, @Taoron ! I wish I had such talent with roofing and mixing wall textures. It looks great.
  • breanna206breanna206 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2020
    You guys are so fast with the favoriting/downloading! The web gallery search wasn't liking me today so it took a few minutes to get everything ready to post.

Anyway here's my challenge no 3. I present, *pause for effect* Woodside Manor!

Challenge Number: 3
    Origin ID: Breezle206
    Gallery Name of Build: Woodside Manor
    Price: 140,040
    Gallery Link: bit.ly/2ur8jhP
    Link to Slideshow: currently in progress
    Additional Notes: Sorry for the wonky kitchen pic, i'm a newbie at the fancy screenshotting/sims sharing skills.
    The exterior was inspired from a pinterest post :D . Hope you all like it!

deUbP6G.png

WP7Dldy.png?1

@breanna206 this is very beautiful <3
    edited February 2020
    nucleonide wrote: »
    This February blueprint looks ginormous. What even is a "great room"? (I'll do a Google search later dw) And a separate room for breakfast? Should I even dare to make a starter home out of this? :lol:

What's even more impressive is y'all already have works in progress. You all are really talented builders. :blush:

@nucleonide A great room is basically a room that combines different aspects of other rooms in the house; a den, a living room, a study all wrapped into one. In my experience, I usually see them as larger than a standard living room, to be able to incorporate everything (hence 'great', usually toward the back of the house, with great windows to overlook the backyard, scenery, the pool, etc., and I always see vaulted or cathedral type ceilings, encompassing 2 stories.
    @AliSim19 Small my butt! LOL You're an amazing builder. Especially considering how you thrash me in the BnS Builds, on every single build, I'd say you have nothing to be concerned about. ♥

@SerraNolwen I'm sure you are 'that talented'. Like anything else, it just takes a little patience and practice. I can throw up a build in a few hours at this point. (after close to 3000 hours of doing it) I'm kind of ham fisted with decor.
    Challenge Number: #4
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Name of Build: Life in Suburbia
    Gallery Link: Life in Suburbia
    Link to slideshow: Large Family Home
    Additional Notes: I designed this home for a family with a little girl who loves pink and a teenage boy who loves dinosaurs. I have modified the kitchen slightly and changed the formal dining room into an office ( I think every house needs an office :) )
    Space for Pictures:
    bPDM9ZF.png
    0BYs4Cr.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Woodside Manor is a lovely family home! @breanna206 :) Very nice exterior design, white brick wall texture and great roofing! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The black and white colours of the kitchen and the wall pattern are very nice! The half wall looks very nice separating off dining area. Very nice sofa seats sitting area in the living room to enjoy watching tv and reading books from the bookcase.They will enjoy painting on the easel. Very nice windows dining alcove to enjoy eating meals at the table in the sunlight
    It is a very nice home for a family! :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited February 2020
    Life in Suburbia is a very lovely family home! @AlJay :) Very nice exterior design,great roofing and pretty flower and plant beds on front edges! Very lovely outdoors areas! The outdoors living, dining, bar and kitchen patio is lovely! Very nice pool and loungers patio! The lavender and white flowers on the patio, home and fence edges are very pretty! Very nice hot tub and kids play area! The double garage with the two vehicles and punching bag is great! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The kids playroom is colourfully lovely! There are many fun activities for them to do there! Very lovely bedroom colours and room designs! The soft toys in the kids rooms are very cute! Very lovely kitchen and dining area! The patterned walls are very nice and the island sink and workbench counter is great! Very pretty flowers on the dining table!
    There are many special features and details throughout the home! :)
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Taoron wrote: »
    @AliSim19 Small my butt! LOL You're an amazing builder. Especially considering how you thrash me in the BnS Builds, on every single build, I'd say you have nothing to be concerned about. ♥.

I’d missed this comment yesterday somehow - you are too sweet, totally just made me smile with this thank you <3:)<3 And as for BnS, I’ve no idea how....plus you got me on the last one 😉 <3
    Thank you so much @rosemow <3
  • breanna206breanna206 Posts: 53 Member
    thank you @rosemow and @AlJay for your lovely comments :smile:
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    Oh wow, you guys! These are looking so beautiful! :heart:

@Taoron I really like the colors you chose for the outside and the fancier windows.

@breanna206 The simple clean lines and modern look really works well for this layout. It looks beautiful. And you used one of my favorite overhead lights in the dining room!

@AlJay I love your landscaping and the twisty chandelier by the stairs.

I'm struggling a bit with this one. I've got the build skills to handle it I (I do a lot of building) but I've been having trouble coming up with a style/theme I like. I think it was the "garage" that was bothering me, though. I notice some of you have turned that space into something else. So that helps. Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    @GlacierSnow I hope you find a style that makes you happy. I find garages make great gyms, man caves, game rooms, party rooms, or even just a giant storage room. I look forward to seeing what you come up with :)
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    I love all of them. All most all of my homes ares made from floor plans (blue prints). I love the challenge of making a Sim house look like a real house. I commend everyone for making them look so real. I think I might try all of these and let you know how they turn out.
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    Taoron wrote: »
    @AliSim19 Small my butt! LOL You're an amazing builder. Especially considering how you thrash me in the BnS Builds, on every single build, I'd say you have nothing to be concerned about. ♥.

I’d missed this comment yesterday somehow - you are too sweet, totally just made me smile with this thank you <3:)<3 And as for BnS, I’ve no idea how....plus you got me on the last one 😉 <3

I did? Which one? The only one I've won was when no one else entered in my class. lol Or di you mean the 2nd place? Shhh...I think that was pity. LOL
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement @AlJay . I forgot to mention, I really love the way you used the space above the front door. That creates a really classy look I may need to try myself. :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member

It is a huge project. I have no figures on how many hours I have spent on decor.
    I have great respect for the contributions already shared B)
    @Taoron Your house has a nice color. I'm excited about your decor.
    @breanna206 Nice bright house with the big windows. I recognize some of the ideas and colors
    @AlJay Your gray facade and the purple flowers are very beautiful together. I love that you opened the kitchen to the hallway. It gives a nice sense of space.

NB: I hope to be finished before the month is over and that I can upload my contribution in a few days ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top