Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Disguise, refreshing, shade

Same question
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Violet, cave, cluttered.

What is your ideal date?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    For a first date, all I need is to sit in a cafe, drink coffee and talk. For a Valentine's date, go out and eat at a restaurant.

Same question.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Gosh, I haven't been on a date in 15 years (since I had my oldest son). Probably just dinner and a movie. I'm a traditionalist. I'd probably feel bad for leaving the kids at home if my husband and I were to go on a date.

How did you meet your significant other? If you're not in a relationship, how did you meet your crush? If you don't have one, how do you hope to meet you future spouse?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited February 2020
    ooooh nice question for Valentine's Day!

We met because we knew some of the same people and it was sort of incidental, as we were both with someone else at the time.
    But I remember being very impressed. Attractive but shy, soft-spoken, but articulate. We knew each other socially a few years, and during that time I had to learn to time the seconds and force myself to avert my gaze from him when I was over because I wanted to keep looking. Especially when I was hanging out and he was getting ready for work, and I glimpsed him in uniform. *swoon*! He also had amazing eyes that were usually behind thick glasses but man, when those glasses came off it was like I was blinded by what I wasn't supposed to be seeing.

Eventually we were both available, and we got to be closer as friends, but laughed a little too much for too little cause, around each other. I think it was obvious to other people first. He joined my dojo even though I found out later it wasn't really his thing. I could pin him easily but he didn't take it too hard. We started running together on a fitness trail, and I was having a hard time wondering if it was my imagination or if he was really flirting. It was agony not knowing, being afraid to come forward. I bit the bullet and did it anyway, and regretted it instantly as he put on speed and left me behind on the trail. It was devastating. Had I really imagined everything? I had no choice but to catch up to him, but all he said was, he wasn't expecting that, and I didn't want to say anything more. In fact I wanted to disappear. How could I have misjudged the situation so badly?! And maybe destroyed a friendship in the process...

Soppy love story of how we ended up together for those who can tolerate mush:
    I spent some time deep in heartbreak, while we avoided each other. I even imagined packing up and moving back to where I came from. But then came to the conclusion that I that I'd rather just be his friend and nothing more, than not have him in my life. I loved him for him, not just for what he could be, to me. Was I willing to love him selflessly if all he could give me was friendship? The answer was yes.

So I got floor seats to the Celtics in Boston, and invited him, and we went as friends. And we walked and talked, he showed me his favorite places there and talked of memories, and we ate at a jazz cafe where the server was ALL up in our business and wouldn't shaddap. And somehow between that and a walk by the riverside, I was swearing it wasn't my imagination. We took the T and jostled against each other a bit, and I got my hopes up but kept a lid on it. Then the game. It was an exciting game, but I was having a hard time paying attention to it. And then I couldn't believe it: he did the classic shown in the Sims as "make a move": he stretched, then settled his arm around me!

And I was stunned. Trying to tell myself not to get too excited, maybe he meant nothing by it...but then felt his fingers curl in on me in a faint embrace, and wanted to pass out. He meant it. I knew nothing of what happened in the game after that but that the Celtics lost and I didn't even care. On the long drive home, the tension was thick enough to slice, but he told me later it was because he felt like an elephant was sitting on his chest as he tried to work up the courage to touch me. And then his hand was on my knee. It was electric.

After that things got off to a very slow, timid start, each of us feeling like shy hedgehogs afraid of getting pricked. He explained that he'd been hurt before and when I confessed my feelings, he sort of panicked and had to have time to do a head-check and make sure he wasn't rebounding.

But good things are worth waiting for. A couple of years later, we were choked with tears as we exchanged vows on the beach of the place where I was born. And I can still pin him, but he's secure enough in himself not to mind (and I'd let him win occasionally if it really upset him, but shhhh)

Same question, because I wanna hear other people's soppy stories!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    well that's just plain weird. Why cover the word for what happens if two hedgehogs are trying to avoid getting poked by each other's spines, with a bunch of hearts? That was not my doing and it makes it look like I wrote something nasty. I hate how censorship makes me look like a potty mouth when I am going out of my way NOT to be one!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    edited February 2020
    I met my current boyfriend about 9 years ago but we weren't close, until almost 3 years ago and i saw him post on facebook, basically a suicide note and i decided to message him even though i'd not said more than 3 words to him irl at this point. I talked him down from committing suicide, and i just started chatting to him more. I was in a long distance relationship with someone i didn't love anymore and I was stuck living my life as a zombie pretty much, the relationship i was in had pretty much sucked the life out of me and had mentally, physically and emotionally destroyed me, and talking to my new suicidal friend somehow made me feel alive again, so we kinda just saved eachother. if that makes sense anyway two week later i moved in with him and it'll be 3 years in June :3

same question "How did you meet your significant other? If you're not in a relationship, how did you meet your crush? If you don't have one, how do you hope to meet you future spouse?" I demand more soppyness
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    edited February 2020
    well that's just plain weird. Why cover the word for what happens if two hedgehogs are trying to avoid getting poked by each other's spines, with a bunch of hearts? That was not my doing and it makes it look like I wrote something nasty. I hate how censorship makes me look like a potty mouth when I am going out of my way NOT to be one!

I know the feeling it censored me for a word that in this context wasn't bad, i had to check see what word it was xD i should have used drained in retrospect
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I met my boyfriend online, three years ago now. A friend of his and me were really active on the same forum at that time, and we became good friends. One day he asked me if he could add me in this Skype-conversation with people who shared a passion of mine, so of course I said yes.

There was maybe 1 other girl in that Skype-conversation, so you can imagine how every dude was like "OMG A GIRL IN THE CONVERSATION", but my boyfriend was one of the few who didn't do that. He instead approached me in private to ask if everything was okay, with all those stupid dudes hitting on me :') and I really appreciated that, so we started talking more and more, video-chatting and stuff... Then on my birthday I asked him if he also wanted to come, and that's where we first met! One month later we met much more times and before I knew it were a couple :)

Same question again, this is fun!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2020
    No one knew fall in love when I was in primary and middle school, everyone hadn't time to fall in love when I was in high school. Now I'm ready to graduate from university, my class male and female ratio is 4/25, even the whole department is males much less than females(one of a major even 3 classes are altogether 10 boys), I'm straight. My social circle also very limited so far.

I don't care much about how I meet my future partner, I hope he meets my mate selection criteria(although I have good situations so my criteria is high in some aspects)including moral quality. But cats hide their claws, sometimes or occasionally it's too late to know the true colors of someone, seldom even difficult to escape. This happened to others is a "gossip" or even "news", but once it happens to oneself is a "true story".

Same question
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    I was 14 (almost 15), he was 15 (almost 16). His best friend dated my best friend. They introduced us. We lived in 2 different states, Me in WV and he in NC. We talked on the phone and wrote letters back and forth for a few months. Finally late January 1999, we finally got see each other for the first time. By that time, we had already really gotten to know each other through phone conversations. We felt comfortable immediately.

The majority of our first 4 years together were spent in 2 different states. His family was from where I lived so we got to see each other quite a bit. His parents' relationship started out as somewhat long distance so they did everything they could to make sure we got to see each other as often as possible.

Fast forward to 2002, I turned 18 and two days later, I moved to NC to be with him. We had our son in 2004 and got married in 2005. Then in 2008 we had our second son.

Our relationship has had some ups and downs but no storm we couldn't weather. He's the love of my life and my best friend. This past January we celebrated being together for 21 years.

I'm so glad everyone liked my question. So to keep the fun going and to be more inclusive:
    How did you meet your best friend?
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    In like 1st grade I was kind of hanging out alone because all my friends wer having out with their friends. Anyways she invited me to make puppets with her and we’ve been best friends since
    When you were a kid, did your elementary/primary school classes give out Valentine's?

Sorry about the Valentine's theme but I thought it would be fun to do a few themed questions to celebrate.
    For a first date, all I need is to sit in a cafe, drink coffee and talk. For a Valentine's date, go out and eat at a restaurant.

Same question.

Oh, I thought I answered this question yesterday but somehow it didn't go thru? 🤔😭 But my answer was a picnic. 😂
    When you were a kid, did your elementary/primary school classes give out Valentine's?

Sorry about the Valentine's theme but I thought it would be fun to do a few themed questions to celebrate.

No, but someone brought chocolates.

Do you have a fav teacher?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I had two actually, my kindergarten teacher's assistant and my high school chorus teacher.

Favorite board game?
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Don't really have one, but if I had to pick i would say Sorry.

Out of all the sims in the series which one would you NOT want to kiss
    EMrBkJP.png
    So many of them. XD

Same question.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I wouldn't want to kiss any of them. I'm not attracted to pixels.

Which Sim would you want to be best friends with if they were real?
    Candy Behr.

Do you play as your simself?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2020
    On some saves, I do. On my main however, I don't but I made myself my sim's neighbour.

Favourite Sims series you've seen?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    The Sims 1.

Have you played The Sims 1?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    The Sims 1.

Have you played The Sims 1?

Nope
    Favorite video game?
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    The Sims.

What was the last thing you bought online?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    A knitting pattern.

Are you having a good weekend so far?
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Pretty good.

Do you have Monday off? If so, what are your plans?
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/