Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like more photo options in Gallery

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
When uploading a sim and a room to the gallery we have the option to click on the little camera to change the angles, but when we upload a lot there is no options. Sometimes it does not show your build off nicely since it just has a default angle. I will post a pic of my build to explain.

Here is the gallery pic of my build
sEHy5My.png

This is an in game screenshot of a better angle. I would have preferred this one in the gallery
oB4Wfsg.png

So as simmers uploading lots or even simmers downloading them or just looking at them, Would you like it if we had an option to pick the angle photo of a lot we upload?

Would you like more photo options in Gallery 114 votes

Yes please
97%
Bluegayleauroraael14Frn0731verlainemjeepjeepcatalexspoom13CamkatMi9shaoscarKelleygirljuliekayemcruddIsb917BloosmooasimbsimMeteoraStormelanorbretonilovejewel17Irdiwensimgirl1010JestTru 111 votes
No, its all goods
2%
Bagoas77rede2scrapSeashoreLivia 3 votes

Comments

• lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    Yes I agree with you I have noticed the same.
  • sheyoncexxxsheyoncexxx Posts: 24 Member
    Yes please
    I agree and have noticed the same. Sometimes I don't upload something to the gallery if the photo doesn't do it justice! :neutral:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    Yes please
    yessssss so many times its just random side of the house and you can't see a thing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes please
    lisken0221 wrote: »
    Yes I agree with you I have noticed the same.
    It would be lovely if we could pick our angle :)

I agree and have noticed the same. Sometimes I don't upload something to the gallery if the photo doesn't do it justice! :neutral:
    Aww that is such a shame, but I completely understand how you feel. I bet you your house looks super AweSim in game :)

Simmingal wrote: »
    yessssss so many times its just random side of the house and you can't see a thing
    I know right, with my above house even with the other pics they add, you still can't see my "seapool"I made LOL. I do hope it gets implemented in a future gallery update :)
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Yes please
    I’m not a builder, so I often end up on the gallery looking for houses. The default camera angle is horrible, and I’m sure that i missed a lot of great builds because the thumbnail didn’t do it justice (some of my favorite builds from tumblr had weird/bad thumbnails, which i would probably have ignored if i found it via the gallery). Not to mention, that sometimes you can’t even see the house because of trees blocking the picture :neutral:

I think it would be nice to let builders take their own screenshots they could use, or maybe adding an option to switch camera angles.
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Yes please
    I want the option to zoom in.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I want the option to zoom in.

Agree! The pics are too small to make out all the details.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Yes please
    I loved using Tray Importer for gallery pictures when it came to builds.
    I was so disappointed when they released an update to the gallery that marked those builds as containing CC, thus hiding beautifully screenshotted creations. The angles we're offered don't do most builds justice and it can be really annoying.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Yes please
    Yes, I had bad camera angles happen to me too when uploading a lot which didn't do any of my building efforts justice. It's very disappointing after putting in a lot of work. You illustrate that very well with the two images you've shown. The first one of the actual gallery upload shows me a very average building which I wouldn't look twice at if I was looking for something in the gallery to download. I would skip your creation in a heartbeat and not look back. However, the second image shows you've put a lot of thought and work into that build and it looks really inviting to see more of it and/or download it.
    On a side note, the placement of that Super Shot Basketball hoop: lol. I can see myself trying to shoot some hoops, only to have to dive into the water, swim to and get the ball, get back up the boardwalk, shoot again, and repeat retrieving the ball ad nauseam (it does make for a lot of extra exercise and the water looks very inviting). See what you did there, that second image made me imagine actually being in that build of yours :smile:
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes please
    I say yes... But it's lower in my priority list of stuff I want
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes please
    The Sims Studio could learn a lot from modders and implement them in-game...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Yes please
    I understand why uploading files to the gallery would be bad (certain inappropriate pictures), but perhaps the game could allow you to snap your own gallery photos while in build mode?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes please
    The gallery really needs some more zoomed in options. Those previews I can barely see anything especially for the interior of lots.
    Yes please
    Wow so many comments, I am glad to see that many of you agree :) They don't have to do something drastic, just give us the same type of option as we have with rooms to pick which side to show would be a good start. Zooming does sound good too, sometimes its hard to see the finer little details that a creator have spent ages on placing. LOL at your comment about the basketball hoop @Zimz4 :D
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Yes please
    Screenshots of lots are often horrible. An option to take the main thumbnail ourselves would be awesome.

For sims and rooms the current options are OK. It's really lots that are the problem.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yes please
    Most definitely! And not just for builds. We need some new gallery pictures for Sims as well. There are too many smiley or exuberant expressions that just make them look weird.
    #Team Occult
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Yes please
    LiELF wrote: »
    Most definitely! And not just for builds. We need some new gallery pictures for Sims as well. There are too many smiley or exuberant expressions that just make them look weird.

Yes to better screenshots for builds, and new gallery sim expressions too! I struggle to get both looking okay (though bb is much harder).

It would also be nice to have a change of day/season option as well for the bb screenshots.
    Yes please
    Wow so many simmers would love this. Perhaps a friendly admin or guru could suggest it to their work mates ;)@EA_Mai
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    Yes please
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Wow so many simmers would love this. Perhaps a friendly admin or guru could suggest it to their work mates ;)@EA_Mai

Yeah, I dont think I've ever seen voting in a poll so one sided. I don't even upload to the gallery (but download quite a bit) and I voted yes.
    edited February 2020
    Yes please

Yeah, I dont think I've ever seen voting in a poll so one sided. I don't even upload to the gallery (but download quite a bit) and I voted yes.

I was suprised too, I thought perhaps one person would vote all goods cause they are not fussed, but it seems that all simmers both those uploading and those just downloading would love this function. It does not have to be a drastic change, just allow us to rotate lot pics just like how we can rotate room pics at the moment. That way no one can upload screenshots that is not appropriate ;)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes please
    I built a nice house for a family based on a real house. The first picture, which is what everyone sees, is not my house, but the trees surrounding the lot. Just the trees. Which I can't remove or hide in any way. Its very frustrating not to be able to show the best shot of a house I've built, and one I'm pretty happy about too. Actually, there are several houses I've uploaded where surrounding trees are in the way, now that I think about it. :(

ETA: And also, while they are at it (I hope) can they make it so the front of the house is whereever you place the mailbox, and not where it is pre-determined to be? I don't always know where the front is, or I want the front to be somewhere else :|
    Yes please
    Mmmm not so one sided anymore ;)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes please
    More options is always better.
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    Yes please
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Mmmm not so one sided anymore ;)

Someone's always got to be different (not a bad thing, just saying) .... and one of them hates The Sims 4 anyway so meh :D
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes please
    A lot of my early builds look boring and flat on the gallery because of the default angle. I actually learned to check what it'll look like on the gallery while building and changed the way I decorate the front and sides of my builds to make them look better in the default picture. I could really go for a couple different choices, or even just choosing which of the default-angle pics is the main pic!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports