March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Randam kids beating my sim!

d97Zp5L.jpg

I'm getting random kids beating my sim he's standing outside and it really doesn't make any since..they suddenly come out of no where and there's no interaction I can cancel it just happens..

They suddenly become enemies after that and my sim lost his great reputation *smh*

I don't have any mods, this is a CLEAN new save..

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    If your Sim is not under a curse this is indeed very odd behaviour.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yeah, this can happen in that part of Windenburg. Not entirely sure why the devs decided to do this, or why children needed to be part of it. Can children even get into regular fights?
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    d97Zp5L.jpg

I'm getting random kids beating my sim he's standing outside and it really doesn't make any since..they suddenly come out of no where and there's no interaction I can cancel it just happens..

They suddenly become enemies after that and my sim lost his great reputation *smh*

Do you have Seasons? There is a holiday on the Calendar that promotes fights. For the first time, ever, I didn't delete it. I had my singer Sim 'fight' with his next younger brother. It wasn't pretty, but in order for the younger brother to fulfill the 'holiday' I had him pick a fight with his famous brother, too. Oi. I'm not really happy with this holiday, but now that I have experienced it, it's safe for me to say, from now on, I will continue to remove it from the calendar.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    Weird. I’ve never had this happen in my game. I always have to go out of my way to make sims hate each other, let alone fight.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    d97Zp5L.jpg

Do you have Seasons? There is a holiday on the Calendar that promotes fights. For the first time, ever, I didn't delete it. I had my singer Sim 'fight' with his next younger brother. It wasn't pretty, but in order for the younger brother to fulfill the 'holiday' I had him pick a fight with his famous brother, too. Oi. I'm not really happy with this holiday, but now that I have experienced it, it's safe for me to say, from now on, I will continue to remove it from the calendar.

I thought that too but I it wasnt that fight day holiday, it wasn't on the calendar on this day neither on the left top screen..so I thought maybe it was there but "invisible"? I don't know..its weird..
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I see sims fight in my game often. I have the Slice of Life mod though and I'm fairly sure it's the reason why?
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I don't have Seasons and don't use mods, but my Sims have witnessed a few fights. Once a random alien and a human sim just started fighting on my sims' porch in Willow Creek. Another time I was playing two Sims on a date. They watched two different fights in Windenberg on the same evening.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    So much for EA's proclaimed safe space! Even though the 'holiday' was not on the calendar, is it possible there is a flaw in Seasons coding that triggers this? Have any non-Seasons simmers experienced such fights?
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    I have the Windenburg world now. I haven't played in it yet. So children fighting, interesting.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    So much for EA's proclaimed safe space! Even though the 'holiday' was not on the calendar, is it possible there is a flaw in Seasons coding that triggers this? Have any non-Seasons simmers experienced such fights?

This happened to me before Seasons even came out. It was shortly after Vampires came out I think? Some random child picked a fight with my vampire.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I see sims fight in my game often. I have the Slice of Life mod though and I'm fairly sure it's the reason why?

I don't have any mods and this is a new save..
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited February 2020
    Lol that's wild. :D I've never seen anything like it in my game.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I have the Windenburg world now. I haven't played in it yet. So children fighting, interesting.

I've owned GT for ages and have not seen a random fight in Windenburg.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I have seen it a few times in Windenburg - have not seen it lately though and I am playing in that town right now. I wish it would happen more - at least it is something different and spontaneous and humorous!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Actual random things happening at random in THE SIMS 4?! I love it. Now let's watch how much we complain or it will be yet another random event of surprise eliminated from the game because just a couple people complain. Never had it happen myself but it sounds fun. Sims 4 is SEVERELY lacking in the surprising drama arena. :)
    When my Sims witnessed some fights, it was kind of exciting seeing something so random. No complaints here.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I've had a few random fights happen with my sims too but I don't think it was kids that started it.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Never had a fight of any kind in TS4 so far. TS2 is another story, particularly in Veronaville when a Capp encounters a Monty...
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited February 2020
    Actually, very early in my game, Don Lothario went out of the house and beat the living daylights out of a guy that was hitting on his girlfriend, (My original newbie starting sim, Teresa Calhouni). I thought that was cool. I wanted her to beat the living daylights out of the guy, but the NPC (at the time) Don Lothario did it. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    Its called neighborhood brawl holiday. Why they made this a holiday is very hard for me to understand. My Sim got invited to the nightclub in that area and was taking a nap on a bench close by after going in the red for sleep. He had been partying at the night club all night.
    As soon as he woke up from his nap that holiday popped up. He was even still in his shirt and tie from work ! I cancelled it, its not a very good idea for a holiday to me, and its teaching teens to brawl in the streets of the neighborhoods.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Never had a fight of any kind in TS4 so far. TS2 is another story, particularly in Veronaville when a Capp encounters a Monty...

Loki and Circe were always picking fights in Strangetown too. The only time it bothered me was when I really wanted my Sim to do something, but they kept getting stopped to watch a fight.

I haven't had this issue in Sims 4, but no Sims live in Windenburg. I moved all the residential lots to other worlds and all the community lots from all of them to Windenburg.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    The first time my sims witnessed a random fight, I didn't have Get Together, only GTW. So it's not tied specifically to Windenberg.
    edited February 2020
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Actual random things happening at random in THE SIMS 4?! I love it. Now let's watch how much we complain or it will be yet another random event of surprise eliminated from the game because just a couple people complain. Never had it happen myself but it sounds fun. Sims 4 is SEVERELY lacking in the surprising drama arena. :)

Oh my God, has the sims 4 become so pathetically boring that any type, literally any, no matter how dumb it is, is appreciated? Surprises are fun when it makes sense..it doesn't make sense seeing a random kid that doesnt know me fighting with an ADULT, this is called dumb random plum that doesn't make any sense and break immersion..

Seeing random kids fight with each other or random adults fighting with each other..maybe..

Implementing surprises that so dumb and doesn't make sense only make the game even worse than if it was without surprises..