Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So apparently the Grilled Cheese aspiration flags the sim/household as modded

AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
Yea so I created a Natasha Una sim to live in Willow Creek across from her cousin Victor, learned about the Grilled Cheese aspiration and completed the steps (eating 3 plates in a row) and successfully unlocked the aspiration. Now when I went to upload her to the gallery I was greeted with a big blue wrench icon in the upper corner and the "modded" box being permanently ticked. Now you're probably thinking, remove mods and cc, well I don't use cc and the only mods I use are MCCC and NPCC and a doorbell notification mod that don't/shouldn't affect a sim's appearance.

I tested this out for myself and when I deleted Natasha from the household, the flagged icon was gone. When I changed her aspiration to the artistic aspiration and lo-and-behold the flagged icon was gone. So how come something created by Maxis themselves is flagging my sim/household as being modded/cc?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not sure why this happens, but I am also seeing this with EA harvestables, and a few buy items created by EA. I do use mods, but not CC because I don't feel like dealing with every time a patch is released. There are several things that show up as modded even though they are not.

Now to your issue, but test this out first to see if this is correct. Save Natasha to your library with any other aspiration, but not the Grilled Cheese Aspiration. Then start up a new game save, and with your first sim bring up Natasha to CAS, and put her down in the new game save. Since she already has unlocked this aspiration, it should be an option she will still have. You don't have to keep this game save if you don't want to, it was just for testing purposes. If you find the Natasha still has the Grilled Cheese Aspiration, you can just make a note to let others know what is going on. That is if you are wanting to upload her to the gallery.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why this happens, but I am also seeing this with EA harvestables, and a few buy items created by EA. I do use mods, but not CC because I don't feel like dealing with every time a patch is released. There are several things that show up as modded even though they are not.

Now to your issue, but test this out first to see if this is correct. Save Natasha to your library with any other aspiration, but not the Grilled Cheese Aspiration. Then start up a new game save, and with your first sim bring up Natasha to CAS, and put her down in the new game save. Since she already has unlocked this aspiration, it should be an option she will still have. You don't have to keep this game save if you don't want to, it was just for testing purposes. If you find the Natasha still has the Grilled Cheese Aspiration, you can just make a note to let others know what is going on. That is if you are wanting to upload her to the gallery.

Well actually I kind of already did test this and the Nat with the Grilled Cheese asp. was flagged, the one without wasn't - I have them both uploaded to the gallery under my name 'AedanStarfang', along with a citation explaining the mod/cc flag status.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Thanks for sharing this information. I admit it is a bit weird. I'd never noticed this, but it's good information to have nonetheless.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited February 2020
    Have you used MCCC to freeze the physique of Natasha? If you have then that could be why she is being flagged as having CC (I've experienced this and it took me a while to figure out why my sim was being flagged as containing CC).
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That is kind of funny. Maybe we should let @SimGuruModSquad know about it flagging as CC.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    If I have any mods in my game my creations get flagged as modded whether it effects them or not.. To save stuff to gallery I turn mods off.
    Yea I might need to temporarily disable MCCC and see if that fixes it.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

If you've used MCCC on her at all she will show up as having CC so it could be that.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

If you've used MCCC on her at all she will show up as having CC so it could be that.

Thank you for pointing that out. I will keep it in mind when I upload sims from now on.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I don't see what the problem is. If one uploads a sim/household that does have stuff from other packs that one does not have, or CC, that is just gone or subsstituted. (Weird fact, I got a toilet from a pack I don't have, a medieval toilet or something, downloading a building for a lot. Only for that lot, I couldn't replicate it, obviously)
    I have shared one Sim and apparently there was no problem. The only way to find him, even though everything was base game clothing, hair, etc, was to have CC enabled in the gallery. Most likely because I have a mod that makes skin textures look more realistic than plastic.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Strange. I didn't even know there was a grilled cheese aspiration, so thanks for having this problem I guess. Lol. I loved that one in Sims 2.
    I did notice that if I hung paintings by my Sims on the wall and uploaded the house, it got flagged as modded.
    I don't use any CC either, and the only mod I have is no mosaic, so that aggravated me.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem is. If one uploads a sim/household that does have stuff from other packs that one does not have, or CC, that is just gone or subsstituted. (Weird fact, I got a toilet from a pack I don't have, a medieval toilet or something, downloading a building for a lot. Only for that lot, I couldn't replicate it, obviously)
    I have shared one Sim and apparently there was no problem. The only way to find him, even though everything was base game clothing, hair, etc, was to have CC enabled in the gallery. Most likely because I have a mod that makes skin textures look more realistic than plastic.

The issue is probably that others won't find it if they search for lots or sims without CC only.
    Have you used MCCC to freeze the physique of Natasha? If you have then that could be why she is being flagged as having CC (I've experienced this and it took me a while to figure out why my sim was being flagged as containing CC).

Sorry for late reply, I DID use MCCC to freeze the weight of another sim and they were flagged as being modded (I thought it was them wearing the Conspiracy Theorist vest that flagged them) so that may be the culprit.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

@Admiral8Q Regarding the toilet, there are toilets you can make at the woodworking table when you have a high level of handiness. So they are usually hidden objects. It was probably one of those.
    #Team Occult