Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Proven Methods to Get Rich (in the Sims)

smh678smh678 Posts: 92 Member
Getting rich in the Sims, a highly talked about topic. It's simple yet hard. Sometimes your Sim is just unlucky and never hits the money jackpot. Here are some proven methods to make some simoleons.

The Gold Digger
Of course, we've all tried this once or twice, but the gold digger method is hard to perfect. Marry a rich sim, kill them, and take your riches as a prize for your effort. To perfectly pull off this money-making method, you must have your sim's spouse "mysteriously" die. You don't want to waste any of the money on legal fees.

The Gardener
Not everyone has a green thumb, but the virtual Sim's just seem to have it come naturally. As long as you correctly incubate and provide for each plant, you will have a prospering and money-making garden. Money plants are an awesome go-to, but no every installment in the franchise offers that option. The best option for the Sims 4 would be to reach level 8 of the gardening skill so you can super sell, and plant many money trees to maximize income.

Painting
Painting in the Sims has always been a reliable source of income as Sim's learn the skill quickly. Painting can sell for a big amount of money. In the Sim's 3 Ambitions, you can become self-employed as an artist, leading you to make even more money. it is an easy, at-home job to do that rakes in the money.

The Collector
Collectibles are everywhere in Sim's world. Rocks, artifacts, and gems can be found littered around every town. Collecting rare valuables can leave you with a lot of money, especially in the Sim's 3 World Adventures tomb collectibles.

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I wanted my current heir (Sims 3) to start off as a stray, a vagabond with no money at all. Before sending him out though I decided to do some scuba diving with him first. So, now he earned 170000 simoleons, just by finding some treasures and islands. So, suba diving turns out to be pretty rewarding as well B) I'll have to change my plans concerning him to be a completely broke vagabond I guess.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • smh678smh678 Posts: 92 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I wanted my current heir (Sims 3) to start off as a stray, a vagabond with no money at all. Before sending him out though I decided to do some scuba diving with him first. So, now he earned 170000 simoleons, just by finding some treasures and islands. So, suba diving turns out to be pretty rewarding as well B) I'll have to change my plans concerning him to be a completely broke vagabond I guess.

never knew it was so rewarding !
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    thiccduckz wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

never knew it was so rewarding !
    The treasures are, the fish they catch, but the islands he discovered and sold were what really did the trick.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Are these methods also proven in the video game: "LIFE: 2020"? Do they work with the Reality expansion pack?

• DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited February 2020
    in TS 4? go to El Selvadorada and do some treasure hunting ;) especially the golden treasures! they fetch 9-10k each and if you complete the Jungle explorer aspiration (which is very easily done) you'll end up with tons of these in one sim week of treasure hunting. additionally you can level Archeology to lv 9 so you'll receive artifacts from Sir Skullfinder to authenticicate for 3-5k every time you do it ;) easy paycheck for a few ticks of work. i Always end up filthy rich doing this, plus those golden relics are a blast to play around with ^_^ if you do not have Jungle Adventures i'd go with painting. abstract paintings really start to rise in value with high skill levels (i have had $15k ones at lv 10)

in TS 3 pretty much same story: treasure hunting in tombs and additionally if you have supernatural heart cut moon stones are quite the moneymakers and uncut moon stone (the gem, not space rocks) is very commonly found
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    i do NOT have the patience for any of this so i'd just use the rosebud/motherlode lmaoooo
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • smh678smh678 Posts: 92 Member
    Are these methods also proven in the video game: "LIFE: 2020"? Do they work with the Reality expansion pack?
    realistically you could be any one of these, I guess the easiest being a golddigger HAHA
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    in TS 4? go to El Selvadorada and do some treasure hunting ;) especially the golden treasures! they fetch 9-10k each and if you complete the Jungle explorer aspiration (which is very easily done) you'll end up with tons of these in one sim week of treasure hunting. additionally you can level Archeology to lv 9 so you'll receive artifacts from Sir Skullfinder to authenticicate for 3-5k every time you do it ;) easy paycheck for a few ticks of work. i Always end up filthy rich doing this, plus those golden relics are a blast to play around with ^_^ if you do not have Jungle Adventures i'd go with painting. abstract paintings really start to rise in value with high skill levels (i have had $15k ones at lv 10)

in TS 3 pretty much same story: treasure hunting in tombs and additionally if you have supernatural heart cut moon stones are quite the moneymakers and uncut moon stone (the gem, not space rocks) is very commonly found
    There's also a fishing spot in one of the hidden locations in Selvadorada, where you can quite regularly get two of the gold treasured items from fishing. If you see the sparkly fishing spot, you've got the right one. Any of the others won't net you those gold relics.

My Sims find far more relics by fishing than they do in the temple, although admittedly it's the same two every time, so you can't complete the collection by doing that.

My favorite way to make money in Sims 2 was to open a home business, make it so only family could go to the second floor, and then put hot tubs and other entertainment items on the bottom floor, then charge for entry. You can make lots of money that way, with absolutely no effort whatsoever. As long as you put the stairs behind a locked door, you're also not going to be bothered by your customers.

In Sims 3 I made money by writing and painting. Actually, that's still pretty reliable in Sims 4. If you can manage to get the Shrewd trait in Sims 4, then you can just rest on your laurels, and your money will continue to build up after that point without any effort.
  • sheyoncexxxsheyoncexxx Posts: 24 Member
    I recently played a 'Rags to Riches' storyline, and using the Tiny Living pack gaining the perks I found collecting items from the worlds and painting then selling them on the stall and having a yard sale (mark up 300%) got me money quick!!
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member

There's also a fishing spot in one of the hidden locations in Selvadorada, where you can quite regularly get two of the gold treasured items from fishing. If you see the sparkly fishing spot, you've got the right one. Any of the others won't net you those gold relics.

My Sims find far more relics by fishing than they do in the temple, although admittedly it's the same two every time, so you can't complete the collection by doing that.

My favorite way to make money in Sims 2 was to open a home business, make it so only family could go to the second floor, and then put hot tubs and other entertainment items on the bottom floor, then charge for entry. You can make lots of money that way, with absolutely no effort whatsoever. As long as you put the stairs behind a locked door, you're also not going to be bothered by your customers.

In Sims 3 I made money by writing and painting. Actually, that's still pretty reliable in Sims 4. If you can manage to get the Shrewd trait in Sims 4, then you can just rest on your laurels, and your money will continue to build up after that point without any effort.

yeah i know about the fishing part :) but my main aim in the temples are the golden versions of the totems :) especially the skeletal transmog ones and the blessing of wealth one (one of the cat totems), and once you complete the aspiration each chest can fetch you 1 or 2 golden treasures each making it all really add up) i usually easily score the shrewd bonus trait in one week in El Selvadorada just by selling all the golden treasures. fishing for more golden treasures is a thing i usually do while waiting for the temple to respawn.

• sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I decided to do something different and build a side Sim who loves the sea, island and being outside. She's pursuing a degree in Biology for the Marine Biologist career while working as a Diver. I have her in a micro home and her income sources are rose bushes combined with frugal living.