Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jazz radio station widget?

SystemSystem Posts: 6,561 Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: What music are you listening to right now?.

Comments

• 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    I have a question for the mods---Would it be okay to post my Jazz Radio station widget here? :| Thanks in advance!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited February 2020
    I have a question for the mods---Would it be okay to post my Jazz Radio station widget here? :| Thanks in advance!

It's a bit hard cuz widgets usually use HTML instead of BBCode which is what this forum is using.

Give Until There's Nothing Left To Give by Relient K.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

It's a bit hard cuz widgets usually use HTML instead of BBCode which is what this forum is using.

To answer my own question: It just occurred to me that if I had it in my sig file, and I post several times in a thread, it might play over and over again, or maybe not? Well, once can experiment and if it becomes bothersome, I shall remove it. But this is a hypothetical question because as of yet, my techs have not gotten back to me as to whether or not it will or can have BBCode. But I guess that I can also have a web link so that if someone chooses, they can click on that link and listen to my live stream on Saturday nights from 10PM-1AM CENTRAL TIME ZONE, or my auto DJ stream with plays when the live stream isn't playing!
    Sigh...Meanwhile, I Shall not be playing Sims 4 for awhile because some opportunist stole my laptop at Christmas when I sat down at the mall to get a 30 minute massage. Dummy here forgot to pick up his backpack and when he returned two hours later, the backpack and the Gaming laptop were gone! :(
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

To answer my own question: It just occurred to me that if I had it in my sig file, and I post several times in a thread, it might play over and over again, or maybe not? Well, once can experiment and if it becomes bothersome, I shall remove it. But this is a hypothetical question because as of yet, my techs have not gotten back to me as to whether or not it will or can have BBCode. But I guess that I can also have a web link so that if someone chooses, they can click on that link and listen to my live stream on Saturday nights from 10PM-1AM CENTRAL TIME ZONE, or my auto DJ stream with plays when the live stream isn't playing!

It won't play over and over again if you don't set it to play automatically.

Dream Boy by Waterparks
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi @911TruthBear,

Because of how the forums work, embedding something is not possible unless it's content from specific websites (like tweets, YouTube videos, etc.) - as @DeKay mentioned BBCode won't give you the tools for it.

In general, any links posted on the forums must align by the forum rules (this includes the content in those links): https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

For questions about specific links, feel free to send a DM to myself or one of the 'EA_' accounts you see around the forums including the link and we will try to answer - having the context of what you want to link helps :)

PS. Moved this to a separate thread as it was not really on topic (sorry for the bits that were indeed what you were listening to @DeKay) and I don't want to derail it further with this comment.