Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vlad the Dad (A 100 Baby Challenge, Vlad as ‘matriarch’) - *COMPLETED 3/29/20*

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    The grind of studying is never worth it
    At least, not when you're me and don't know how to actually study *cough*

That baby's not screaming, he's just yawning. He has no reason to scream at this point in his life - he hasn't seen the dungeon yet :joy:

Haha Carlton in between Vlad's legs in that picture of Bryce :D
    wonder what he found up there

There are a multitude of glitches that they will probably never fix. The floating plates is one of them.

Bernardo has an amazing jawline and very nice cheekbones. He's very cute with Grace's freckles

What a cute paparazzi! I wish I had such good looking townies in my game

Wow you're almost halfway to 100 babies! I'm impressed!
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Oh just a heads up: EA_Mai very very kindly added an extra post to the start of this thread for me because I’d ran out of room in my OP (thank you again!) because of the new post which seems to count as the original post, this thread has now become a new thread again. So, if you want to get notifications for this thread you’ll have to start watching it again.

Oh good to know! I thought I was a little dumbdumb and removed the star without noticing :D I only found out because I saw new chapters on WordPress :)
    Besides the leg thing, Shane looks really handsome!

Vlad drinking plasma through a straw made me crack up :joy: Hilarious!

The locked door problem was mentioned in the patch notes. It should work again.

It took you quite long to use Don. He would be my first option :D

The Answer somehow reminds me of Summer Holidays. I have lost the overview of who is who's other parent so there's a chance Summer Holiday is her mother. Or have you spared her so far? :D

A sim can inherit freckles? :o I thought you always had to add them yourself :D

Cole as a child reminds me a lot of Mr. Burns from the Simpson. I don't know why.

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @afai1261 lol I didn't notice where Carlton was in that picture - poor kid.

It's a shame Bernardo was born a boy - he makes a very pretty girl:
    syIVAfV.png?1
    DRRZrmr.png?1
    9QIwf1G.png?1

I will say one thing for Vlad's genetics: many of his kids inherit great cheekbones from him!

Haha yeah playing sims all summer is such an impressive achievement :D thank you though <3 I didn't think I'd make it this far. I'm having so much fun with Vlad's genetics which is probably why I have continued.

May have to use that paparazzi dude as a donor at some point... But my list of future donors is already so long!

@Queenarella sorry for confusing you with the thread thing. It was me who was the dumb dumb. I should have reserved a few posts at the start when I first begun the thread for the list of babies and chapters. But I didn't realise I'd go over the word limit of a single post.

Hmm I'm pretty sure some of the toddlers escaped after the patch but I have a bad memory.

I was shocked at how long it took me to use Don! My problem is that I have a huge list of premades who I want to use as donors and somehow I didn't get around to him earlier.

I see what you mean about the resemblance between The Answer and Summer. The Answer's other parent is actually Morgyn.

Yep children can inherit facial details, including freckles. I've had children inherit their parents' freckles a few times in different saves. In this game, two of Vlad's kids inherited his wrinkles (stefanie - baby #16 and Connie - baby #31). Also in another game Lilith's son inherited her beauty mark and I believe his son also inherited the beauty mark.

Haha I'd never thought of it before but in fact Vlad himself bears a striking resemblance to Mr Burns... That's probably where Cole gets it from.
    You already know how happy I am to see this return! And congrats for getting halfway through!
    Brilliant update, top-notch humour as always.
    Also love the idea of an ancient vampire like Vlad learning about the wonders of modern technology such as robotics :joy:
    Welcome back to the forums <3
    Oh my! I missed this so much :love:

Jasper is sooo cute! :love: It's great to hear he's doing better now :) Poor puppy.

So true, the Pleasant twins are two of the prettiest premades ever. The other two girls from DU are beauties, too :p

Oh the dungeon... I missed it :D

The flying bowls/plates glitch is really annoying and it has been in the game for a long time now. At least the plates/bowls can be dragged and dropped on surfaces.

Congrats on finishing half of the challenge already :)
    afai1261 wrote: »
    You already know how happy I am to see this return! And congrats for getting halfway through!
    Brilliant update, top-notch humour as always.
    Also love the idea of an ancient vampire like Vlad learning about the wonders of modern technology such as robotics :joy:
    Welcome back to the forums <3
    Aww thank you so much - starting to think I may actually complete it! There is something funny about Vlad getting to grips with robotics but I guess a vampire’s gotta innovate to stay on top.
    Oh my! I missed this so much :love:

Jasper is sooo cute! :love: It's great to hear he's doing better now :) Poor puppy.

So true, the Pleasant twins are two of the prettiest premades ever. The other two girls from DU are beauties, too :p

Oh the dungeon... I missed it :D

The flying bowls/plates glitch is really annoying and it has been in the game for a long time now. At least the plates/bowls can be dragged and dropped on surfaces.

Congrats on finishing half of the challenge already :)
    Thank you! I’m glad you remembered :) I’m loving all the DU premades actually. I see you’ve been very busy with your legacy! I’d love to catch up but I’m not sure I’ll get time soon what with Jasper being so demanding (he’s such a naughty puppy) :( at least I’m proud that my sim got to marry your founder!

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Psst! The link takes you to the post writer :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    edited February 2020
    Oh wow love that face that Bradley made when he saw the cake :D
    They really do have a tough time of it in that dungeon, don't they?
    Aww, it's Bernardo! <3 One of Vlad's best looking kids sons, I think (had to clarify since Belladonna is clearly the best kid from this challenge :D )
    Oh Keaton does look pretty cute so far. Looks like he may have Vlad's cheekbones though
    It's weird sims woohoo in the shower with their clothes on. But that happened in my game, too, so I guess it's not even a bug :#

Toddlers can look so dangerous when they're in a bad mood :o:D

Keaton is a really handsome toddler! Let's hope it'll stay this way :D

Wait a second, Vlad's dark form has hair? He's bald in my game :o

Psst! The link takes you to the post writer :)
    Thank you so much for letting me know! Fixed it now:)
    Oh wow love that face that Bradley made when he saw the cake :D
    They really do have a tough time of it in that dungeon, don't they?
    Aww, it's Bernardo! <3 One of Vlad's best looking kids sons, I think (had to clarify since Belladonna is clearly the best kid from this challenge :D )
    Oh Keaton does look pretty cute so far. Looks like he may have Vlad's cheekbones though
    I love Bernardo. I think he might be my favourite Straud child so far. You like Belladonna best? I think she's really pretty (for Vlad's daughter anyway) but she does have a bit of a point chin lol

Ah I don't mind Vlad's cheekbones so if Keaton inherits them it's all good.
    It's weird sims woohoo in the shower with their clothes on. But that happened in my game, too, so I guess it's not even a bug :#

Toddlers can look so dangerous when they're in a bad mood :o:D

Keaton is a really handsome toddler! Let's hope it'll stay this way :D

Wait a second, Vlad's dark form has hair? He's bald in my game :o
    I am guessing they woohoo in the shower with their clothes on because EA recycled the closet woohoo animation from Get Together which is... Lazy. But, at least we have shower woohoo now. I was so excited when it popped up as an option in my game!

Vlad's dark form should be bald. Somehow he seems to have grown a head of hair in my game lol. I hadn't noticed! I can guess how it happened though. You know in CAS you have the option to select whether you want a sim's body type, clothes, hair etc in their dark form to be the same as in their normal form? I suppose somehow when I was in CAS editing one of Vlad's kids I selected that I wanted them to have the same hair in their dark fork as in their normal form and it had an effect on Vlad since the settings you choose seem to get applied to all vampires in a household. By the way this feature is useful but it really annoys me the way everything is set the same by default as I always forget the manually change it and then when I am changing the dark form I will find the normal form has changed too!
    edited February 2020
    See? The devs don't fix bugs, they only think they fix bugs. Big difference :D

OMG
    "I love your genes, Mark"
    "I'm not wearing any jeans but er... Thanks"
    :joy::joy::joy:

Vlad is me playing sims instead of working on my university assignments *cough*

Good to see Bradley and Evangeline got out of the dungeon (and nice that they got to see their mother too!)

I thought Westley was a spellcaster and couldn't be a vampire. Am I remembering wrong?
    See? The devs don't fix bugs, they only think they fix bugs. Big difference :D

OMG
    "I love your genes, Mark"
    "I'm not wearing any jeans but er... Thanks"
    :joy::joy::joy:

Vlad is me playing sims instead of working on my university assignments *cough*

Good to see Bradley and Evangeline got out of the dungeon (and nice that they got to see their mother too!)

I thought Westley was a spellcaster and couldn't be a vampire. Am I remembering wrong?

Haha I was thinking Vlad reminded me of myself too.

Dang it you might be right about Westley. I don't remember which is awful... You probably know my sims better than me at this point (honestly all the kids are just numbers to me at this point!)
    Well, that makes sense... Many stuff gets recycled lately :/

Oh I see! I thought there's something wrong in my game :sweat_smile:

On to the new chapter ^^

Bryce definitely has Don's nose. Most kids of Don I've seen so far get his nose. And it's way better than Vlad's nose :joy:

Bryce's hair also makes him look handsome. There's just something about that hair.

Shane's outfit looks... unique :D

Carlton's dark form looks brutal :o
    Well, that makes sense... Many stuff gets recycled lately :/

Oh I see! I thought there's something wrong in my game :sweat_smile:

On to the new chapter ^^

Bryce definitely has Don's nose. Most kids of Don I've seen so far get his nose. And it's way better than Vlad's nose :joy:

Bryce's hair also makes him look handsome. There's just something about that hair.

Shane's outfit looks... unique :D

Carlton's dark form looks brutal :o

I love Bryce's hair too. I can tell that it's one I will be using a lot!

Haha Shane does have an interesting sense of style. I usually give Vlad's kids a quick clothes and hair make over when they reach young adulthood, but Shane is a vampire-mermaid (his mother is Nalani) and since hybrids mess up when you put them in CAS I didn't risk trying to change his outfits.
    There's one hairstyle I love even more tho: the "spiked" up hair from DU :)

I guess that's why such hybrids are not a thing anymore in the game :/ At least that was said in a patch note some time ago.
    edited February 2020
    @Queenarella that is my favourite hair of all time haha.

And certain hybrids are still a thing. Only vampire-alien hybrids can't be a thing anymore (except I made some with cheats, so they can have more than one occult status at once. Sims devs don't fix things, as we all know by now lol)
    Well actually I just think they meant that vampire-aliens can't be born naturally. Mermaid-aliens can though (I have two and they're two of my favourite sims). And I'm going to see if vampire-mermaids still work tomorrow (since I haven't made any of them yet)
    My laptop is a bit broken (something wrong with the graphics card) so I can't play and consequently I don't know when I will be able to get another update out. But, here is a chapter put together from the last screenshots that I have:
    Chapter 29: Vlad Joins The Fifty-Mile-High Club
    Aww love seeing Jasper just sprawled all over the place <3:D

Bradley's flower crown is such a bold fashion statement :joy:

Nicholas looks really cute! I love that hairstyle on him

Ooh Bradley's dark form does look rather nice! From the front lol

I hope your laptop works again soon! Surely there's a viable solution somewhere!
    Aww love seeing Jasper just sprawled all over the place <3:D

Bradley's flower crown is such a bold fashion statement :joy:

Nicholas looks really cute! I love that hairstyle on him

Ooh Bradley's dark form does look rather nice! From the front lol

I hope your laptop works again soon! Surely there's a viable solution somewhere!

I like it when he sleeps, too. Means he’s not getting up to mischief! Thank you. I’m desperate to carry on with the challenge but I can’t play and it’s soooo annoying :(
    Evangeline looks pretty. When you know it you can see Vlad's genes in her but not as much as in other siblings.

Poor Nicholas knows what's going on :o

Bradley's dark form is super handsome! :love: Are you sure it's an offspring from Vlad? :D

Evangeline looks pretty. When you know it you can see Vlad's genes in her but not as much as in other siblings.

Poor Nicholas knows what's going on :o

Bradley's dark form is super handsome! :love: Are you sure it's an offspring from Vlad? :D
    I'm surprised by how pretty she turned out, definitely one of the bet looking kids. Alice Spencer-Kim has good gene's!

If only Bradley's dark form was his normal form :D