Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The re-release Sims 1 and Sims 2 petition thread.

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
This a thread to try to convince Ea to re-release the Sims 1, and Sims 2. Here post why would you like them to re-release the games. Make videos and written posts. Maybe if we can get enough people it could become a reality. :)
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd like to see them re-lease them simply because I miss them. I used to own all of TS1 and all the expansions for TS2 (no stuff packs) but I lost them all over the years during various home moves. I would gladly pay to have them on Origin or some other site if they needed just to have them convenient to download and work with Win10 so I don't have to mess around with it. I missed out on the TS2 UC when it was up because I was focused on a job change and another move.

Please!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    I’m down for that! Signed
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Signed

I never had the chance to play TS1. I gotta try out the game where it all started! I couldn't imagine it being very difficult to get it going through origin.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Y'all, an HD remake of TS2 would quite possibly be (hyperbole incoming, brace yourselves) THE BEST THING THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND, Signed!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Rerelease, rerelease, rerelease!! *signs*
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I'm so glad I got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection... I've never really played Sims 1 (only briefly) but I would love to play it for real :'D
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm up for it! I would def buy sim's 2 complete collection. I had it in cd and lost everything 😥
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I would love to try TS1 again. Signed. I already have TS2 Ultimate Collection on Origin.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I already own Sims 2 UC. But it would be nice to see them re-release both for everyone. My dream would be if they also updated them to address some compatibility issues, but I don't see them putting resources towards that.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    I would love a re-release of The Sims 2! I used to play so much but I don't have any of my CDs anymore. Please, EA!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Signed

I never had the chance to play TS1. I gotta try out the game where it all started! I couldn't imagine it being very difficult to get it going through origin.

Well technically it is. Wanting to play games that old on modern architectures can require a bit of computer trickery to get it running properly. But I'm sure EA can figure out a way 🤔
  • ihavegoodideasistgihavegoodideasistg Posts: 1 New Member
    Petition to release a remastered and refurbished version of SIMS 🐸🐸🐸🐸 CASTAWAY!!!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Petition to release a remastered and refurbished version of SIMS plum CASTAWAY!!!

I would actually like that too... :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Signed! On one condition! EA's greed won't ruin it.
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    I agree. I especially miss the Sims 1 and its quirky humour. I would gladly pay for a complete collection on Origin (even though I already owned most of the packs years ago).

Keep in mind that they have released other games on Origin that are older than the Sims.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I still don't understand why it is not avalaible. I mean lol, it's their game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Signed!
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    A re-release of TS2 would be a dream! My absolute favourite version of the sims, I'd love more people to be able to experience it. Signed!
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    I already have the Sims 2 but I would LOVE to see Sims 1 re-released!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I'm for it, I'll sign this as well. I'd really like to see Sims 1 available through Origin, so I don't always need to have my disc inserted.
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    It would be useful if one of the Gurus/admins could let us know if a re-release is a possibility. If they made it clear it could happen, I think a lot more people would be signing petitions.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I would love for them to be released, even at least TS2, because I was unfortunately too young to experience those versions and missed later opportunities to snag them.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    It would be useful if one of the Gurus/admins could let us know if a re-release is a possibility. If they made it clear it could happen, I think a lot more people would be signing petitions.

Maybe we should tagged them?
  • InchantedInchanted Posts: 6 New Member
    Veronaville has always been my favorite city. To play it again would be heaven!!
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited February 2020
    I agree. I especially miss the Sims 1 and its quirky humour. I would gladly pay for a complete collection on Origin (even though I already owned most of the packs years ago).

Keep in mind that they have released other games on Origin that are older than the Sims.

If memory serves, Grant was asked about doing a remaster of TS2 and he replied that there were no plans for it since content for TS4 is still being released. This was... maybe 2 years ago? He said something along the lines of: "We can either keep releasing content for TS4 or remaster TS2." Honestly, I'd rather see them remaster it since I never got to play it and people seem to agree, for the most part, that TS2 is the best in the series. Especially since it's clear no pack will fix TS4.

You're free to take this with a grain of salt since I found that post a long while back, back when I used to scan their twitters and I've no interest or time to search for it now.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top