Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do old premades looks/genetics bother you?

Sooo I was thinking of doing some townie makeovers and I just went into calientes household like meh and I found out the gals are actually supposed to be Nina and Dina and I hadn't even realized cause they look nothing like Nina and Dina and now that bothers me so much I feel like going through whole game looking for hidden old game townies like whaaaaat

it bothers me so much that the premades looks are not consistent with old games

is it just me?
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Do old premades looks/genetics bother you? 130 votes

Yes
40%
auroraael14IcewolfLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatCabelle1863BlkBarbiegalAlexaiSikoahGraceAprilDawnasimbsimelanorbretonPeachesnDucksBagoas77moltaziaCinebarLustianiciaHestiaPlumbobCrossingspice3Serendipity38 52 votes
No
50%
Frn0731PlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannBloosmooMeteoraStormBeardedgeekMariefoxprice83BoergeAarg61simgirl1010g01denswanslamondaalanmichael1sekojranaLizzychicagogamekittenAquariusMomPegasysRebeccaThurstonOriginalNametaydev 65 votes
Other
10%
Kita5399fruitsbasket101catitude5ryttu3kMDianaSimsPeculiarPlumbobEvie0602VanPelt81peragogoTopNotchToddlernetney52CherryBerryCloudAdmiral8Q 13 votes

Comments

• MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    Yes
    I never really noticed. I'll have to take a look and come back to vote.
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    Yes
    Whoa! You are so right, I would have never thought those were the same sims without you pointing it out. YASSSS it bothers me!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    They don't really bother me but I do give them makeovers when I play them for the first time. Usually I will make changes to their appearance but subtle changes so they're still recognizable.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No
    No, because, say, the Goths have looked entirely different from one game to the next. If anything, I find this a HELP to me, because while my legacy founders, Riley and Avery, have the same personalities and dynamic as their TS3 original selves, they look different. Since the townies do too, it's NBD.

But townies always have, in different games. Are you only just noticing?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    Yes
    Sindocat wrote: »
    No, because, say, the Goths have looked entirely different from one game to the next. If anything, I find this a HELP to me, because while my legacy founders, Riley and Avery, have the same personalities and dynamic as their TS3 original selves, they look different. Since the townies do too, it's NBD.

But townies always have, in different games. Are you only just noticing?

I mean yeah they do change appearances quite a lot and it has bothered me for long time with goths etc that I use a lot in my game but like idk I just feel sad cause like at least with previous games I could excuse it with "they just could not create the same with this art style" but with ts4 you totally could though o_o
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    Yes I like how the newer premades are more diverse looking in several ways and have better hair and actually have tattoos and piercings. Premades in general bother me if they don't look like the older versions of them, Goths are one of the few that kept true to the original. Calientes are horrible both genetically and body portion wise is so off from the original it is horrifying. I miss them being part alien.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
    Yes
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that remakes the premades to look like the older versions too @KiniHokulani. So lovely hearing your makeover stories and I love Agnes Crumplebottom.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    The Caliente's looks bothered me the most. So did Mortimer's. So I rearranged their face a little. I found a Mortimer that looks more like the sims1 version.

Although a handsome sim, sims4 Dirk Dreamer's looks bothered me too. I may just leave him as is or at least make him a shade darker and get him with which twin? Lilith Pleasant?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
    Yes
    The Caliente's looks bothered me the most. So did Mortimer's. So I rearranged their face a little. I found a Mortimer that looks more like the sims1 version.

Although a handsome sim, sims4 Dirk Dreamer's looks bothered me too. I may just leave him as is or at least make him a shade darker and get him with which twin? Lilith Pleasant?
    Yeah Dirk Dreamer there are a few differences, "Even though Dirk might be based on Dirk Dreamer from Pleasantview, there a few major differences: Dirk from Pleasantview has dark blue eyes, black hair, dark skin color and is a teenager, while Dirk from Del Sol Valley has brown eyes, brown hair color, medium skin color and is a young adult." Source: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Dirk_Dreamer_(The_Sims_4:_Get_Famous)

Yes Dirk dated Lilith Pleasant in the Sims 2. Angela Pleasant dates Dustin Broke who also made a return in the Sims 4. Dustin Broke is the grandson of Bob and Betty Newbie from the Sims 1. So alternative universe, Dustin Broke would be Bob Pancake's grandson. It gets complicated with the alternative universe and the differences.

I did make my own theory that with the Caliente sisters having a different mother, Katrina is the real Bella Goth in disguise and taking revenge on all three of them in the alternative universe. It is creative things like that which help me cope and make sense of the two universes.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    Yes
    The Caliente sisters look horrible in Sims 4! I always delete Katrina and give Nina and Dina a makeover so that they would resemble themselves again. Others aren't that bad, but they can use some tweaking too.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    Yes, Bella being the worst. She looks nothing like the original in The Sims. At least give her the right hairstyle Maxis. ETA: Eye shape, skin tone, etc. etc. They may say it's an updated Bella but she's horrible to me, nothing like the original. Worst thing about her, not even the right facial structure/face shape. Things bug me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Other
    Their looks don't bother me in the same way I don't care that Daniel Craig doesn't look like Sean Connery. What bothers me more is the fact that they just aren't the same. I'm just not into this alternate timeline/mirror universe thing. Sure, I like having Bella around, but the whole retconning made it hard to include characters from previous games that had grown on me.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No
    They don't bother me. It's not as though The Sims series has a coherent story line and the major themes are the same.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    No
    Nah, they never bothered me. There are a few times when I'm bored that I give some premade sims a new look, like when I made Vlad look like Joker. xD But usually I don't bother, I think they're fine as they are.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    Yes, I realize they wanted maybe a more modern spin on them but honestly we loved them for their unique charm in the previous games. Like I always say, don’t change something if you know it works.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Other
    I’m not a fan of how they look, but I can’t say it bothers me as I makeover all my Sims anyway.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Yes
    If I want them involved in my game I will download them with better versions (mostly made by @Hestia or made myself) otherwise I just leave them as they are for background sims.

They are pretty horrific though in this game version.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No
    Well, I think there is a difference between "Iconic" Premades and none. I LOVE a lot of the premades (I do find this version of Bella the best; I also absolutely LOVE Ulrike Faust, she is by far my favorite premade in any Sim game for example).

Specifically the Calientes? Heck, I don't even remember what they looked like in the earlier games; I never cared about them much. In any game.

I DO however delete the Pleasant Twins in University and immediately move in the Pleasant Remakes from Maxis (with them as teenagers and with their mom and dad) instead. Looks much closer to what they were supposed to look like.

I guess my list of Premades I actually care for is different than most.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes
    There's not respect towards the players sentiment on premade sims we loved on the past. Like... its a randomized sim from CAS that they gave the name and some similar trais. The whole alternate universe in SIms 4 jsut proves this... there's no reason for them to reset the stories and not add any new stories. I heard a simguru once saying that its because they wanted to have all the msot iconic families at the same time in this game, and if they followed what happened in Sims 2 we wouldn't see Mortimer/Bella. Like... I understand how iconic Morty and Bella are, but they could've added them in the CAS random sims, in the Gallery and as the tutorial family like we had in SIms 2. They could also still be ghosts living with Alexander or Cassandra.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Yes
    Yes, it bothers me very much, to the point where I use fan creations instead of the official Maxis sims whenever I need an old premade. I always squee a little when I find an especially faithful recreation of old sims on the gallery. For example few people remember Trent Traveller's actual Lifetime Wish of becoming a Criminal Mastermind.

It's not just the sims' looks, also their traits. I often feel the devs didn't bother reading their own sims' biographys and just go for stereotypes. For example Original Angela has few Neat points (don't remember the actual number), but suddenly she is Neat in Sims 4. Her Foodie trait I can see, seeing that she was the only household member who could cook in Sims 2. But she also loved the sea and fishing and should be Child of the Ocean or Loves the Outdoors instead of Good. Angela was good in the eyes of the public only, in the picture the family tried to uphold to the public. Internally she was as conflicted and troubled as Lilith, she only dealt with it differently.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Other
    The fact that they look a little different doesn't bother me. I can excuse that because of different art style from game to game. What bothers me is the whole alternate time line thing. I don't like that they aren't really the sims that they used to be anymore. The stories and personalities aren't the same and that I don't like.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    Yes
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Yes, Bella being the worst. She looks nothing like the original in The Sims. At least give her the right hairstyle Maxis. ETA: Eye shape, skin tone, etc. etc. They may say it's an updated Bella but she's horrible to me, nothing like the original. Worst thing about her, not even the right facial structure/face shape. Things bug me.

agreed on bellas face structure it makes no sense for ts1 bella to be same sim as ts4 bella and it been bothering me

I think its because they modeled after bellas baby face in ts2 and went bit too far or perhaps ts3 clayface got in too because I remember bella looking like disaster in ts3 too

like meanwhile sure pretty sim but new bella just doesn't look like bella to me

which has led me to play her like she is a fake bella like the real bella is still kidnapped somewhere :joy: this is just badly made clone
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Other
    I don't play them, they died a long time ago. The story has moved on many generations.