Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New February patch: trouble?

My game just kept crashing. Im really scared to even play now after fixing it so many times.
Are script mods the cause or am I alone in this?

Comments

• TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Have you tried removing all your mods and CC? Try launching the game without them and see what happens. Obviously, if the game still crashes after that, then there's a different issue. The next step would be repairing your game, and then testing it again.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • simrhinosimrhino Posts: 14 New Member
    Perfect Patio Stuff is lacking its exclusive gameplay since the patch.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have played without issue, with mods disabled, and then with my mods enabled, since the patch.

The only problem is in Forums, where people won't stop crying over a free hot tub. :p

Perfect Patio was literally my first TS4 pack. I use stuff from it - not just the hot tubs - all the time. I haven't replaced my existing hot tubs with the freebie - I like the ones I have, where I have them. I literally lose nothing by everyone else having a hot tub in base game. I find the selfishness of those who do just inexplicably sad.

It was meant as a nice thing to mark the anniversary. That's all. Appreciate it.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    From your post @Minai , it looks like you're using some script mods. Definitely follow @TWSimGamer82 's advice (if you find it to be mods/cc, use the 50/50 method to find which one), and also check for updates for the script mods you do use. It's good to get into the habit of checking for updates after every patch, no matter how small. You can also check carlsims guide here for how to fix a broken game.

If you can't find anything wrong with the game or mods at all, check to see if other games work without crashing - I had a crashing problem, and it turned out to be my graphics card :'( . Good luck, and let us know if you were able to fix it.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I have played without issue, with mods disabled, and then with my mods enabled, since the patch.

The only problem is in Forums, where people won't stop crying over a free hot tub. :p

Perfect Patio was literally my first TS4 pack. I use stuff from it - not just the hot tubs - all the time. I haven't replaced my existing hot tubs with the freebie - I like the ones I have, where I have them. I literally lose nothing by everyone else having a hot tub in base game. I find the selfishness of those who do just inexplicably sad.

It was meant as a nice thing to mark the anniversary. That's all. Appreciate it.

Crying over a free hot tub from a SP that was released years ago is ridiculous, but it seems like you missed the entire point on why people complained about the anniversary or you simply chose to ignore it.

A re-skinned hot tub from the SP is nothing more than a cheap move to gift long time Simmers for an anniversary. We are talking about a AAA company. Not a startup indie game studio.
    wB2Zykl.jpg