Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm Emma from Holland, 23 years old and I play the sims since I was 5 years old. I started with sims 1.

I was not amused when sims 4 came out so I didn't play it for 4 years. I played sims 1 and 2 instead. Now with my new macbook I wanted to give it a try and I was really hooked from the get go. (I bought all the expansions, stuff packs en game packs. Even the my first pet stuff because I hated the greyed out logo on my the startscreen).

I'm also planning to become a sims YouTuber. In holland I'm already doing well on youtube with comedy skits. But I stopped doing that because of my mental health. Now I want to make let's plays and reviews in English and I think that's so exciting! :)

I will show you my first video when I'm ready.

<3

Hi @Jinkx and welcome to the forum.

Glad you are enjoying TS4 again after a break. Your YouTube content sounds exciting - hope you get to share some with us soon. :)
    Fiercy wrote: »
    Hi there! I'm Fiercy and I've been playing the Sims since Sims 1. I started about halfway through Sims 1 and was hooked right from the start. I still have, not only all my discs from Sims 1-4 (up to this point), but my custom content, too. I've had an account on the forum since 2010, but I didn't really participate. I'm hoping to change that. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas, and maybe even helping some folks who are new to the game. Thanks for the happy welcome!

Hi @Fiercy and welcome to the forum. Like you I've seen The Sims through since the beginning. Impressive you have retained all of your copies - I unfortunately have gone through several purges and re-sold/gifted my copies of old versions. (I don't have a lot of storage space in my apartment 😂)

In the age of Origin and Steam etc I doubt I'll go back to buying physical copies.

1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hi there! I'm Fiercy and I've been playing the Sims since Sims 1. I started about halfway through Sims 1 and was hooked right from the start. I still have, not only all my discs from Sims 1-4 (up to this point), but my custom content, too. I've had an account on the forum since 2010, but I didn't really participate. I'm hoping to change that. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas, and maybe even helping some folks who are new to the game. Thanks for the happy welcome!

Hello @Fiercy :) I posted to you on the other thread but wanted to say “ happy simming” again to you :)
    I hope you will enjoy sharing your ideas, as well as find new gameplay tips and ideas for your own game
    Happy simming! :)
  • matthewst10matthewst10 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm Matt from the US. The Sims 2 was my first sims game and I loved it. I've been playing it since I was about 6 back in 2006. I played some console sims games before that though. I think I was 5 when I played The Sims 2 for GameCube :smile: I am 19 now and have been playing the sims for almost 14 years! Sims 2 is probably my favorite in terms of variety, depth, personality, and just a ton of interactions to do with every single thing possible in the game. Sims 3 is my favorite in terms of traveling, and having giant neighborhoods with a lot more complex family trees, and variety of things to do! I love the look of Sims 4's sims and the graphics of the game.
    I'm Matt from the US. The Sims 2 was my first sims game and I loved it. I've been playing it since I was about 6 back in 2006. I played some console sims games before that though. I think I was 5 when I played The Sims 2 for GameCube :smile: I am 19 now and have been playing the sims for almost 14 years! Sims 2 is probably my favorite in terms of variety, depth, personality, and just a ton of interactions to do with every single thing possible in the game. Sims 3 is my favorite in terms of traveling, and having giant neighborhoods with a lot more complex family trees, and variety of things to do! I love the look of Sims 4's sims and the graphics of the game.

Hello @matthewst10 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2 when you were a young child, and that simming has been a part of your life as you have been growing up <3 You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the years. All versions of the Sims are very enjoyable to play!
  • Momo_love_angelMomo_love_angel Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I have been playing since the sims 1 on ps2. I did play ts3 on pc but im back on console for ts4
  • AyTiAyTi Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey there *wave*
    I'm AyTi and I play the Sims since Sims1 <3
    Totally love creating homes, but as soon as I created a home, I don't play the family anymore, from whom it was created for. :p
    Does anyone feel the same? :D
    However, I avoided the forum for a long time, since I just was interested in playing the game, waited patiently for bug fixes with each CD....YES CD .....was super happy when Sims2 came out and with each new Add-On you crossed the finger to not crash something (what really great and fun time :D ), played the Sims3 with love and moved on to Sims4.
    I was a PC Games, as soon as the MSFT Platform got to expensive and moved to more Linux based Systems, although Sims4 give me a some challenges :D But let's see what I can find in the forum for this.
    Today, I play Sims4 on a MAC, Sims3 on Ubuntu. Though, I do have a PS4 as well....bur for a reason, I still play Sims on a Desktop Computer.

So, I'm a creator and love to scroll through the Gallery and see all of your creations too :)
    In Sim Life I usual stuck with a family and all thought it is temping, I do not remember if I ever killed a Sim by taking away the Poolstairs ;)
    Maybe I'm the one taking away the doors of a room.......

Happy to be here and look around and find like minded Simmers, but no friends. #It's still a game B)
    Hi I have been playing since the sims 1 on ps2. I did play ts3 on pc but im back on console for ts4

Hello @Momo_love_angel :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the console version of the original Sims 1 and have played the pc version of Sims 3 also. It is great that you are now also playing the console version of Sims 4. Simming is fun!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, and find helpful game tips and gameplay ideas.
    AyTi wrote: »
    Hey there *wave*
    I'm AyTi and I play the Sims since Sims1 <3
    Totally love creating homes, but as soon as I created a home, I don't play the family anymore, from whom it was created for. :p
    Does anyone feel the same? :D
    However, I avoided the forum for a long time, since I just was interested in playing the game, waited patiently for bug fixes with each CD....YES CD .....was super happy when Sims2 came out and with each new Add-On you crossed the finger to not crash something (what really great and fun time :D ), played the Sims3 with love and moved on to Sims4.
    I was a PC Games, as soon as the MSFT Platform got to expensive and moved to more Linux based Systems, although Sims4 give me a some challenges :D But let's see what I can find in the forum for this.
    Today, I play Sims4 on a MAC, Sims3 on Ubuntu. Though, I do have a PS4 as well....bur for a reason, I still play Sims on a Desktop Computer.

So, I'm a creator and love to scroll through the Gallery and see all of your creations too :)
    In Sim Life I usual stuck with a family and all thought it is temping, I do not remember if I ever killed a Sim by taking away the Poolstairs ;)
    Maybe I'm the one taking away the doors of a room.......

Happy to be here and look around and find like minded Simmers, but no friends. #It's still a game B)

Hello @AyTi :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1 and have played each of the versions.
    Building is a very special part of simming! It is an enjoyable and fun way to express our creativity through the game!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hello. Nice to meet you all. :) I used to love the Sims 1 and 2 in my younger days. Started playing Sims 4 around 2018 and love the general humour of the game, plus the increased freedom to create wackier looking characters (I don't have to spend ages making my own skins in Sims Body shop any more!)

I love comedy, wether it's watching, reading or writing it. I am an aspiring writer/ illustrator of fantasy stories and enjoy inventing quirky characters and imagining how they'd interact with their world.

Unfortunately I don't get time to play games now as often as I used to, but find the Sims 4 great for creative inspiration, and there's nearly always something that makes me laugh. I enjoy getting creative with screenshots too. Sometimes I've gained accidentally funny photos from randomly pausing during an action. 😁
    Hello. Nice to meet you all. :) I used to love the Sims 1 and 2 in my younger days. Started playing Sims 4 around 2018 and love the general humour of the game, plus the increased freedom to create wackier looking characters (I don't have to spend ages making my own skins in Sims Body shop any more!)

I love comedy, wether it's watching, reading or writing it. I am an aspiring writer/ illustrator of fantasy stories and enjoy inventing quirky characters and imagining how they'd interact with their world.

Unfortunately I don't get time to play games now as often as I used to, but find the Sims 4 great for creative inspiration, and there's nearly always something that makes me laugh. I enjoy getting creative with screenshots too. Sometimes I've gained accidentally funny photos from randomly pausing during an action. 😁

Hello @WhatCobblers :) It is nice to meet you also :)
    It is very nice that you used to play Sims 1 and 2 when you were younger and are now enjoying playing Sims 4. The sims do often make us laugh!
    It is very nice that you are a writer and illustrator. It is a special way of sharing your creativity and creative thoughts in written and art forms. You would also be enjoying creating background stories for your sims in your games.
    Happy simming and writing! :)
  • FiercyFiercy Posts: 18 Member
    > Hello @Fiercy :) I posted to you on the other thread but wanted to say “ happy simming” again to you :)

Yay for seconds! \o/ Thank you, thank you!
    edited February 2020
    > Hello @Fiercy :) I posted to you on the other thread but wanted to say “ happy simming” again to you :)

Yay for seconds! \o/ Thank you, thank you!

You’re welcome :)
  • poopypoopypiefacepoopypoopypieface Posts: 41 New Member
    Hello everyone! I'm poopypoopypieface (you can call me poop for short!)! I've been lurking this forum for about year now, usually searching for help with mods.

I played sims 2 when it came out, but I stopped gaming shortly after. I only recently stated playing the sims 4, and it's been a lot of fun seeing how far everything has come! I play the sims it in a very sandboxy way, although I do find it very interesting to see other peoples play styles.

I will probably use this forum mostly when I need help with mods (I have a few specific questions I can't seem to find the answers for) BUT this seems like a really nice community, so who knows, I might end up being a bit more active in other ways.. and end up regretting my user name. :p
    Hello everyone! I'm poopypoopypieface (you can call me poop for short!)! I've been lurking this forum for about year now, usually searching for help with mods.

I played sims 2 when it came out, but I stopped gaming shortly after. I only recently stated playing the sims 4, and it's been a lot of fun seeing how far everything has come! I play the sims it in a very sandboxy way, although I do find it very interesting to see other peoples play styles.

I will probably use this forum mostly when I need help with mods (I have a few specific questions I can't seem to find the answers for) BUT this seems like a really nice community, so who knows, I might end up being a bit more active in other ways.. and end up regretting my user name. :p

Hello @poopypoopypieface :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is nice that you are now playing Sims 4, after you started simming by playing Sims 2 for a short while. Simming is fun!
    I hope that you will find answers to your questions whilst reading the forum threads. When you are a full member you can start your own thread and ask for help.
    If you would like to change your forums username, you can post a request to change the name on the activities wall of either Ea_Mai or EA_Rtas
  • poopypoopypiefacepoopypoopypieface Posts: 41 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @poopypoopypieface :) It is nice to meet you.
    > It is nice that you are now playing Sims 4, after you started simming by playing Sims 2 for a short while. Simming is fun!
    > I hope that you will find answers to your questions whilst reading the forum threads. When you are a full member you can start your own thread and ask for help.
    > If you would like to change your forums username, you can post a request to change the name on the activities wall of either Ea_Mai or EA_Rtas
    > Happy simming! :)

Thanks for the welcome!! I'm sorry for my spelling/grammatical mistakes. ''I can't seem to find the answers TO'' (not for)..
    Although this is a casual environment, and many of us (including me) speak english as a second language, I still try to proofread.. But even when I click preview first, my heart still sinks when I read it posted, because there's always something a bit off. Either punctuation or spelling. My anxiety is already skyrocketing as I write this. :P Not being able to edit is truly wild (in a good way!) ..I just wanted to let let y'all know, that I know. I see it too. I was just too late/not observant enough. :p

...And I'm fine with poop for now. But it's good to know! Thanks!
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @poopypoopypieface :) It is nice to meet you.
    > It is nice that you are now playing Sims 4, after you started simming by playing Sims 2 for a short while. Simming is fun!
    > I hope that you will find answers to your questions whilst reading the forum threads. When you are a full member you can start your own thread and ask for help.
    > If you would like to change your forums username, you can post a request to change the name on the activities wall of either Ea_Mai or EA_Rtas
    > Happy simming! :)

Thanks for the welcome!! I'm sorry for my spelling/grammatical mistakes. ''I can't seem to find the answers TO'' (not for)..
    Although this is a casual environment, and many of us (including me) speak english as a second language, I still try to proofread.. But even when I click preview first, my heart still sinks when I read it posted, because there's always something a bit off. Either punctuation or spelling. My anxiety is already skyrocketing as I write this. :P Not being able to edit is truly wild (in a good way!) ..I just wanted to let let y'all know, that I know. I see it too. I was just too late/not observant enough. :p

...And I'm fine with poop for now. But it's good to know! Thanks!

You’re welcome :) Using the word “to” not an error at all! Many English speakers would use to in that sentence also.
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    Hello everyone, I am Nali272 aka Trinican272 (gallery), I started with sims 2. I have been a member of the community for 10years, but according to the rules that were set while I was away, I have a lot of catching up to do to become a full fledged one...lol. I like creating lots and room more then households; hopefully that will change over time. I am always amazed at what of some of you can do and it inspires me to try do new things for my builds. Hope to see you around the forum.
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    nali272 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I am Nali272 aka Trinican272 (gallery), I started with sims 2. I have been a member of the community for 10years, but according to the rules that were set while I was away, I have a lot of catching up to do to become a full fledged one...lol. I like creating lots and room more then households; hopefully that will change over time. I am always amazed at what of some of you can do and it inspires me to try do new things for my builds. Hope to see you around the forum.

Hello @nali272 :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is very nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. You would have enjoyed spending many enjoyable hours simming over the time.
    Building and furnishing homes, venues and rooms is a very special part of simming! It is a very enjoyable and fun way of expressing our creativity through the game!
  • Ivory_RainIvory_Rain Posts: 47 New Member
    Oh um, Hiya I'm Ivy :) , I've only played the Sims 4, and have probably played it on and off for about a year now. I've tired out a few challenges (none of which I've completed yet) and even recently came up with my own. My favorite part is making the sims and houses, it's got an unexplainable calmness to it.
    Ivory_Rain wrote: »
    Oh um, Hiya I'm Ivy :) , I've only played the Sims 4, and have probably played it on and off for about a year now. I've tired out a few challenges (none of which I've completed yet) and even recently came up with my own. My favorite part is making the sims and houses, it's got an unexplainable calmness to it.

Hello @Ivory_Rain :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 4 and have been playing it for a year. Creating sims and building homes is a very special part of simming! It is enjoyable giving background details to our sims, then working out outfits that suit them. We can enjoy expressing our creativity through our builds and trying out our furnishing ideas.
  • mandythesimmandythesim Posts: 29 Member
    Hi everyone, Im Mandy, Joined the forums in 2010, yes I remember the old forums lol, Im an older gamer and have loved The Sims since the first one, I am not an active user on here as you can see with my still "New Member" tag, I am 37 years young and live in Ireland, Please ignore the profile pic, I uploaded that when I joined and not sure even how to edit my profile now sooo.. yeah lol, so anyway hi peeps,I will try and be more active (well i need to be as i need help but can't make a post yet) so will see you around on the forums. <3
    edited February 2020
    Hi everyone, Im Mandy, Joined the forums in 2010, yes I remember the old forums lol, Im an older gamer and have loved The Sims since the first one, I am not an active user on here as you can see with my still "New Member" tag, I am 37 years young and live in Ireland, Please ignore the profile pic, I uploaded that when I joined and not sure even how to edit my profile now sooo.. yeah lol, so anyway hi peeps,I will try and be more active (well i need to be as i need help but can't make a post yet) so will see you around on the forums. <3

Hello @mandythesim :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many happy hours simming over the time.
    You have the required posts and points.Try logging out of the site then logging back in again and see if that shows you as a full member
    You will be able to edit your profile picture when a full member.
    Edit : Congratulations on becoming a full member!
    You can click the cog wheel at the top of the page on the right hand side of your user name. Click preferences. On the left hand side of the page, there will be a link to change your profile picture..

• mandythesimmandythesim Posts: 29 Member
    @rosemow Yes thank you, and Yes I remember losing time playing TS1 well have done that with all the sims games.. lol and yes I am finally a member now. Thank you. XD
    @rosemow Yes thank you, and Yes I remember losing time playing TS1 well have done that with all the sims games.. lol and yes I am finally a member now. Thank you. XD

You’re welcome :)
  • twirliegirlytwirliegirly Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey there, I'm an old fart who "discovered" The Sims back when there was no number in the name (I think it was my younger brother who introduced me to it) and I was at uni. Rejoined at Sims 4 (there was a special on xbox!) and haven't looked back since. Brilliant way to have a break from real life after a rubbish day at work etc.

Here to talk about Sims and pick up tips etc. I'm also a member of the Sims4 and Sims subreddits, if anyone is around on there too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top