Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There A Mod To Fix The Uncle Thing? SOLVED! Yay

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited April 2020 in The Sims 2
Will someone jar my memory please. Uncle in household has the hots for niece. Once she turned into adult. (Chemistry attraction lightening bolt though I never made him check out Sims). Eww. Moved him out, saw her out, he busted a move. Just No! It makes me wonder why adult father in game keeps trying to talk to little girl living in home who isn't kin at all. :/

Update Edit April 2020

Updating of how to solve this issue because I started over and it happenend again with two uncles this time and remained kin to only one (there were three in household). I forgot I had TwoJeffs SimBlender somewhere in my pc to fix these type issues in TS2. Simply putting the package in my downloads, putting the plant on the lot and clicking the right category to fix this worked! Now they are all kin again. Thank you TwoJeffs. :) (I had forgotten when a lot of old sites went down like TwoJeffs, SimWardobe etc. I had loaded up on any mods and fixes that TS2 might need years later, glad I had a chance to clean out my pc and find these old files) lol But yes, get the SimBlender by TwoJeffs (read instructions) for easy fixes, no SimPE needed.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Game should consider an uncle as family. At least I'm assuming the uncle is the brother of one of the niece's parents.

Is the uncle an uncle by marriage or blood? If it's by marriage is he still married to the aunt?
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    http://modthesims.info/d/610804 hopefully, this'll help
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Game should consider an uncle as family. At least I'm assuming the uncle is the brother of one of the niece's parents.

Is the uncle an uncle by marriage or blood? If it's by marriage is he still married to the aunt?

Blood, even in same household he developed the lightening bolt attraction on his own when I was busy with other family members. I thought they at least kept the family icon on the relationship panel as long as they were in the same household. Had to move him out. :( (weirdo). lol
    Guess I forgot about this in TS2 hadn't seen it in a loooong time.

Thanks @llamasflu for the link!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Blood, even in same household he developed the lightening bolt attraction on his own when I was busy with other family members. I thought they at least kept the family icon on the relationship panel as long as they were in the same household. Had to move him out. :( (weirdo). lol

That link won't solve your problem as it only adds the more extended relationships. Uncle and niece where the uncle is the brother of one of the niece's parents is vanilla and not added by that mod. Unless he's not the brother of one of the niece's parents and you didn't correct my assumption.

You'd need SimPE to fix what the game deleted or forgot to add if the uncle is the brother of one of the niece's parents.

That link won't solve your problem as it only adds the more extended relationships. Uncle and niece where the uncle is the brother of one of the niece's parents is vanilla and not added by that mod. Unless he's not the brother of one of the niece's parents and you didn't correct my assumption.

You'd need SimPE to fix what the game deleted or forgot to add if the uncle is the brother of one of the niece's parents.

I was afraid of that, I thought the family tree marked him as kin to the neice since yes he is marked brother of the mother. Maybe it didn't? But anyway once she became adult he started this stuff.
    creepy....
  • RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 58 Member
    Well, you can always build a very special basement for that creepy uncle >:)

ROFL, yeah, busting a move is a no, no. :p

ROFL, yeah, busting a move is a no, no. :p

we're rooting for you! now do it!
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member

Too funny!

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
    edited February 2020
    I haven't corrected this yet, but noticed in TS2 if it's the second uncle out or third then they are not kin in the family tree anymore once the child ages up. Example, a Sim has two brothers and a sister, the second brother (farthest out on the line) (family icon) in relationship panel but once the child grows up of the sister or brother, the Sim who is futher out on the family tree will no longer be kin to that adult niece/nephew etc.
    I haven't corrected this yet, but noticed in TS2 if it's the second uncle out or third then they are not kin in the family tree anymore once the child ages up. Example, a Sim has two brothers and a sister, the second brother (farthest out on the line) (family icon) in relationship panel but once the child grows up of the sister or brother, the Sim who is futher out on the family tree will no longer be kin to that adult niece/nephew etc.

I've never seen a Sim lose a family tie in my game like that. Over the years I've had numerous families reach that many generations. I've deleted many of them due to boredom or to save space. I don't typically have family reunions all that often that include that family combination so I may just not have discovered it.

I don't have many neighborhoods where I still have the appropriate Sims still alive to check on that family connection, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Only one neighborhood with the second aunt out and the family connection is still there with one of her oldest nieces (oldest nieces are twins).

If I recall correctly that niece's adult birthday would have been on my previous desktop which had Sims 2 installed via the game discs and I do not own any of the collections short of the Ultimate Collection. So potential for random bug caused by the Ultimate Collection itself as I believe you're on that version just not fully "patched" since you don't want to be tied to Origin.

It will be some time before I see it though since I just started a new neighborhood in a mixture of a BACC and Prosperity challenge for the set up so I do have a few families where I have 4 kids (though they are CAS generated) and I may have some where they end up with 4+ kids.
    edited February 2020

I've never seen a Sim lose a family tie in my game like that. Over the years I've had numerous families reach that many generations. I've deleted many of them due to boredom or to save space. I don't typically have family reunions all that often that include that family combination so I may just not have discovered it.

I don't have many neighborhoods where I still have the appropriate Sims still alive to check on that family connection, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Only one neighborhood with the second aunt out and the family connection is still there with one of her oldest nieces (oldest nieces are twins).

If I recall correctly that niece's adult birthday would have been on my previous desktop which had Sims 2 installed via the game discs and I do not own any of the collections short of the Ultimate Collection. So potential for random bug caused by the Ultimate Collection itself as I believe you're on that version just not fully "patched" since you don't want to be tied to Origin.

It will be some time before I see it though since I just started a new neighborhood in a mixture of a BACC and Prosperity challenge for the set up so I do have a few families where I have 4 kids (though they are CAS generated) and I may have some where they end up with 4+ kids.

Even if a Sim dies in TS2 they remain on the family tree. But if you delete Sims in TS2 that corrupts your family trees and the memory system causing corruption with the memory system. The game has always lost the connection of a distant brother or sister and no longer kin to their nephews or neices after they aged up, especially if they are no longer in the same household. I have all the patches as I keep them stored on the harddrive. ETA: Origin doens't patch The Sims 2 UC, it only patches it's DRM.

Even if a Sim dies in TS2 they remain on the family tree. But if you delete Sims in TS2 that corrupts your family trees and the memory system causing corruption with the memory system. The game has always lost the connection of a distant brother or sister and no longer kin to their nephews or neices after they aged up, especially if they are no longer in the same household. I have all the patches as I keep them stored on the harddrive. ETA: Origin doens't patch The Sims 2 UC, it only patches it's DRM.

Oh yea, all of the Sims are still on the family tree as well.

The game doesn't display relatives that are distant enough when you click on them just due to the limitations of the display, but as long as they are still close enough related the game shouldn't delete family ties (aunt/uncle/niece/nephew, cousin, sibling, parent/child, grandparent/grandchild). Which is why I went the step further to check to see if the game still stuck the family relationship thing on them. I thought you were saying they were losing the family connection - ie a repeat of the uncle in the OP.

I know Origin doesn't patch the game. That's why I put it in quotes.
    Yeah, the uncles to the niece are on the family tree but not kin directly to the niece. She decided to bust a move to her closet uncle (still in same household) as I have moved out the other. If these are supposed to still be kin ( I know I had this problem years ago, too) she or any of them shouldn't be going to bust a move which is a semi flirt. I'm thinking it's the programming and not any mods installed because I also had this problem years ago with another family who developed love interest in his niece and vice versa once she aged up. But if it ever got corrected and kept them close enough kin to not do these things I don't remember it. If it's mod related and was truly fixed in the past, then it might be a mod that causes this that allows me to control other Sims on the lot. But I'm thinking this is all by design and was never fixed to where players were not bothered by it.
    Yeah, the uncles to the niece are on the family tree but not kin directly to the niece. She decided to bust a move to her closet uncle (still in same household) as I have moved out the other. If these are supposed to still be kin ( I know I had this problem years ago, too) she or any of them shouldn't be going to bust a move which is a semi flirt. I'm thinking it's the programming and not any mods installed because I also had this problem years ago with another family who developed love interest in his niece and vice versa once she aged up. But if it ever got corrected and kept them close enough kin to not do these things I don't remember it. If it's mod related and was truly fixed in the past, then it might be a mod that causes this that allows me to control other Sims on the lot. But I'm thinking this is all by design and was never fixed to where players were not bothered by it.

I think it's because Bust a Move isn't considered a Romantic option by the game, I know I haven't considered bust a move to be considered romantic at all. It's actually bust a move as in do a dance. Not making a move on someone. On the Wiki the Dancing page has information on Bust a Move.
    Bust A Move is often used to impress another Sim your Sim or townie wants to get involved with. This happened when the first uncle did this and then he and the niece got the bolts to like each other and became interested in each other. Food fight is also a romantic interaction though most that, but can be used to make others not interested to be interested. Sims autonomusly use bust a move as a way to impress to get another Sim to like them in a romantic way. No matter what the wiki says, which is sometimes wrong.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    I've never seen bust a move get a romantic reaction. I've used it forever to boost friendships quickly with the glasses. :(
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I've never seen bust a move get a romantic reaction. I've used it forever to boost friendships quickly with the glasses. :(

This is also my experience with it.

I've used it constantly with Sims to build friendships. Never had any kind of romance be kindled or jealousy if a partner was around.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I was always going into simPE and marking people as family just to keep them from flirting. Lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • HowdoIfixmods1234HowdoIfixmods1234 Posts: 1 New Member
    Would an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 work for the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? I have met the requirements, except that my Windows is Windows 10.
    edited March 2020

I've used it constantly with Sims to build friendships. Never had any kind of romance be kindled or jealousy if a partner was around.

The problem was the uncle and niece got the lightening bolt attractions after he did this. I was wondering why they were like flirting and admiring all the time etc. until I noticed they had developed a thing for each other. As I stated, in TS2 if your Sim is not directly the next Sim created in CAS, then their kids are not kin (but are technically) enough to not have any romantic interactions after the child grows up. It's been that way as long as I can remember. For example if you make a family tree and I will use the family in my game as example: Sister and Brother, they both have children (no other parents), ok, all good, then another and another brother or sisters to the first Sims created, those on the family line will not be kin enough to not to flirt with children of the first two brother and sister etc.

The problem was the uncle and niece got the lightening bolt attractions after he did this. I was wondering why they were like flirting and admiring all the time etc. until I noticed they had developed a thing for each other. As I stated, in TS2 if your Sim is not directly the next Sim created in CAS, then their kids are not kin (but are technically) enough to not have any romantic interactions after the child grows up. It's been that way as long as I can remember. For example if you make a family tree and I will use the family in my game as example: Sister and Brother, they both have children (no other parents), ok, all good, then another and another brother or sisters to the first Sims created, those on the family line will not be kin enough to not to flirt with children of the first two brother and sister etc.

Usually the first time after you interact with someone who you have bolts with the bolts appear. Even if it's just talk. And talk's not romantic.

I've never had Sims born in game that are aunt/uncle/niece/nephew show up as not related or lose their related status. No matter how many siblings are between them.
  • silveRose82_silveRose82_ Posts: 281 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > Yeah, the uncles to the niece are on the family tree but not kin directly to the niece. She decided to bust a move to her closet uncle (still in same household) as I have moved out the other. If these are supposed to still be kin ( I know I had this problem years ago, too) she or any of them shouldn't be going to bust a move which is a semi flirt. I'm thinking it's the programming and not any mods installed because I also had this problem years ago with another family who developed love interest in his niece and vice versa once she aged up. But if it ever got corrected and kept them close enough kin to not do these things I don't remember it. If it's mod related and was truly fixed in the past, then it might be a mod that causes this that allows me to control other Sims on the lot. But I'm thinking this is all by design and was never fixed to where players were not bothered by it.

When you are saying they are in the family tree but not kin, do you mean in their relationship panel they are not marked as family? I'm guessing that is what you mean since I don't see attraction on a sim marked as family, but want to check. As others have said, I have sims Bust a Move on siblings, on parents, etc. it doesn't mean they aren't related, it's a friendly interaction not specifically romantic. I get where you felt it must be romantic because of the lightning bolt and the fact they have that is interesting, but as Seera said before, any interaction can bring that up. I just checked in my game where I have multiple generations and the families have intermarried and had kids with different partners, some CAS some born in game, etc....ALL of the aunt/uncles/cousins show up as family (as long as they have met of course) not only in the family tree, but also in the relationship panel, regardless of the age gap, full parentage, etc. The same goes for the adult relatives, ALL of the nieces and nephews they have met are marked as family in the relationship panel. Is this only happening with this family?
    > @Cinebar said:
    > Yeah, the uncles to the niece are on the family tree but not kin directly to the niece. She decided to bust a move to her closet uncle (still in same household) as I have moved out the other. If these are supposed to still be kin ( I know I had this problem years ago, too) she or any of them shouldn't be going to bust a move which is a semi flirt. I'm thinking it's the programming and not any mods installed because I also had this problem years ago with another family who developed love interest in his niece and vice versa once she aged up. But if it ever got corrected and kept them close enough kin to not do these things I don't remember it. If it's mod related and was truly fixed in the past, then it might be a mod that causes this that allows me to control other Sims on the lot. But I'm thinking this is all by design and was never fixed to where players were not bothered by it.

When you are saying they are in the family tree but not kin, do you mean in their relationship panel they are not marked as family? I'm guessing that is what you mean since I don't see attraction on a sim marked as family, but want to check. As others have said, I have sims Bust a Move on siblings, on parents, etc. it doesn't mean they aren't related, it's a friendly interaction not specifically romantic. I get where you felt it must be romantic because of the lightning bolt and the fact they have that is interesting, but as Seera said before, any interaction can bring that up. I just checked in my game where I have multiple generations and the families have intermarried and had kids with different partners, some CAS some born in game, etc....ALL of the aunt/uncles/cousins show up as family (as long as they have met of course) not only in the family tree, but also in the relationship panel, regardless of the age gap, full parentage, etc. The same goes for the adult relatives, ALL of the nieces and nephews they have met are marked as family in the relationship panel. Is this only happening with this family?

Have you looked to see if an uncle or aunt has romantic options they can use on the niece or nephew once they are grown? Not the one closest to the neice etc. but one further away on the family tree. It's true they developed the bolts after bust a move, but it's also true this can develop on normal Sims (not kin) who do any interaction not just romantic. The weird thing is they had not been out of the house to flirt or find out who they like or decide who or which gender or whatever. I played them til she grew up and then this happened. I guess they should have gotten out more. (that's a joke).