Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing The Same Two Sims Across 2, 3 and 4

I guess you could consider this a challenge, but since this would technically occur over several games, I think it best fits here.
I'm going to create a Sim couple, the same one in each game, and play the same turn of events. I want to see how differently the outcomes are based on the iteration.

I think a YA [adult, in TS2's case] man and woman will be my test subjects. I'll give one a very sour personality and the other a very kind one. I plan to make them both get married and have a child, then divorce. Additionally, I'll have to select a career that's present in all three games.

I may not get around to completing this due to school. But if anyone else is interested, feel free to give it a go.

Comments

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Sounds like an interesting idea, and I would like to hear what happens. Good luck.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Sounds just like my sort of playing the Sims. I have played with the same character in all four versions of the Sims. In fact I think I couldn't play the game without my eternal angel, Aziraphale. LOL
    SAFFdcW.jpg
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Sounds just like my sort of playing the Sims. I have played with the same character in all four versions of the Sims. In fact I think I couldn't play the game without my eternal angel, Aziraphale. LOL
    SAFFdcW.jpg

I LOVE ANGELS! :O What's his story?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    I started out with Sims2. I preferred creating my own characters and that hasn't changed, I was able to recreate the Spock character from the original Star Trek series, so I played him and the spouse I gave him in my mini-series. But, I also expanded my game to allow for Brianna Cantrell's whole family to be created. Sims2 never really gave us the full gift of music, so Erik ended up being a mayor.

Once Sims3 came along, I brought this family back into the game. The Cantrell's lived in the Wright Way House, and I was very glad another player recreated the mansion for this iteration. We had a larger variety of musical instruments in this game, too, so I could highlight this family's musical proclivities. Then we got bands with Bridgeport. Sadly, we couldn't have a singer with said band, so Erik just jammed at home with his family, and did a lot of singing in the shower. (I also had to rely on cc to bring Spock back.) But, then came ST. Erik Cantrell was a bust-out sensation. He pulled in the crowds like nobody's business and was soon hitting the Big Time. I was in heaven. Finally, my character was able to fulfill his destiny. Famous beyond measure, rich, yet his love-life was a depressing story.

Then Sims4 came along. Our Sims really weren't given the gift of song. But, if you had OR, and your Sim learned to play guitar, their singing would improve a bit along the way. Then with CL we were given a full-fledged singing skill. I was elated. I was determined that one way or another Erik wouldn't live in my game merely as my Founder in Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, who gave up his fame for the family life he desired. There was a chance he could become a singer again. But, that would wait. We finally got GF, and along with a mod, Road to Fame, Erik Cantrell is back, better than ever. But, he's still got those pesky love-life issues, I'm sorry to report. Not sure what it is about him. He's really a very nice guy. He's neat about his person, has a Pristine Reputation, is generous to a fault. He's genuinely a really nice guy. The kind you want to bring home to meet your parents. LOL

So, I say this is a good way to have fun. I hope the OP has time to implement it in their game. :) I've had a blast, myself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/