Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone found any leaks (retail listings, code, etc) relating to any new packs?

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I wish but there isn't really any game news right now at all Nintendo hasn't announced any new games we have yet to see what the ps5
    will look like and I haven't seen any big new pc games announced it just all seems so quiet right now
    is it always this quiet in gaming news this time of year ?

anyway I hope we get some sims 4 news real soon

We may get a GP Teaser Today.

We don’t know if they’re still doing teasers. Tiny Living didn’t have a teaser.

Yes this gives me hope cause a teaser didnt come out Today. Maybe a trailer Tomorrow.

Yeaaahh I doubt anything is coming anytime soon.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    I was hoping for a February GP because the silence until the June EP will be very long otherwise...
    (Nothing for March and April because of the fiscal year ending/beginning and they have to get their numbers together. However, I can totally understand that.)

Can someone please explain me (and potential others) what "fiscal year" means. Everybody says it, but I still don't know what it is.

I don't understand why they won't release anything in those months.

It's a year that doesn't necessarily start on January 1st (it can be April, July, or October 1st - the beginning of a quarter) and it's used for budget purposes.
    So companies will draw up budgets for, for example, the year between April 1 2020 and March 31 2021 and report their finances for that period instead of January to December.

Since in March they're working on a budget for the upcoming year and in April they're totaling the income from the previous one, keeping those clear of any new releases makes the number crunching easier.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited February 2020
    I was hoping for a February GP because the silence until the June EP will be very long otherwise...
    (Nothing for March and April because of the fiscal year ending/beginning and they have to get their numbers together. However, I can totally understand that.)

Can someone please explain me (and potential others) what "fiscal year" means. Everybody says it, but I still don't know what it is.

It's a year that doesn't necessarily start on January 1st (it can be April, July, or October 1st - the beginning of a quarter) and it's used for budget purposes.
    So companies will draw up budgets for, for example, the year between April 1 2020 and March 31 2021 and report their finances for that period instead of January to December.

Since in March they're working on a budget for the upcoming year and in April they're totaling the income from the previous one, keeping those clear of any new releases makes the number crunching easier.

Thanks for the explanation :).

I don't think it's a logic I agree on though. Many other small and big companies sell stuff all the time every day all year around and they have no problems making statistics about what have been sold at any given time. It's just a matter of gathering data and analyzing data and I'm pretty sure EA has a team that only does that. It shouldn't effect game developing or marketing because other teams are working on that.
    Sim Guru Ninja just got a new cover picture on his Twitter profile. It shows his sim self but in a wierd position. At first glance it just looks like his sim is in Strangerville being wierd but when you look at the background you can see some dark purble flowers I haven't seen in the BB catalog. What do you guys think? May be a hint of some sort.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sim Guru Ninja just got a new cover picture on his Twitter profile. It shows his sim self but in a wierd position. At first glance it just looks like his sim is in Strangerville being wierd but when you look at the background you can see some dark purble flowers I haven't seen in the BB catalog. What do you guys think? May be a hint of some sort.

It's not, it's from Strangeville, your looking too much into it.
    edited February 2020

It's not, it's from Strangeville, your looking too much into it.

You are probably right but I feel like it’s always fun to notice details when the gurus suddently change something.

We know from previously that anything can be a hint like for instance they talked about how cosyyy they were going to be over the holidays and then we got TL in January based on the Danish concept “hygge” which means “cosy”.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    @cheescaeks have you looked through the code recently? I know you've found some code in the past. Could you try again now? Maybe somethings hiding in there ;)

hah, too busy with school right now to even play sims 4 tbh
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Omg I just saw it!! I guess it could be from strangerville but why would he change it to that suddenly? The background didn't look like strangerville. Not to me anyways. Hmmmmmmm...... I could be reaching but i agree they do toss out hints here and there. Honestly though if not zombies I don't have a clue of what it could mean 🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Omg I just saw it!! I guess it could be from strangerville but why would he change it to that suddenly? The background didn't look like strangerville. Not to me anyways. Hmmmmmmm...... I could be reaching but i agree they do toss out hints here and there. Honestly though if not zombies I don't have a clue of what it could mean 🤣🤣🤣

Those are sims that are infected with that plant virus. That's not new.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member

It's definitely Strangerville, looking away from town towards the river.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

I don't think it's a logic I agree on though. Many other small and big companies sell stuff all the time every day all year around and they have no problems making statistics about what have been sold at any given time. It's just a matter of gathering data and analyzing data and I'm pretty sure EA has a team that only does that. It shouldn't effect game developing or marketing because other teams are working on that.

Right - most companies close on December 31st, but that's right at the end of the biggest retail season, and all sorts of things are released in November to take advantage of that. However, there's often a big push to get stuff out for end-of-year, whenever it might be, so it would make sense to get something out in February that will impact the books in March. They might also want to focus their publicity on the overall earnings in April (CEO announcements) rather than on individual games.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    edited February 2020

Right - most companies close on December 31st, but that's right at the end of the biggest retail season, and all sorts of things are released in November to take advantage of that. However, there's often a big push to get stuff out for end-of-year, whenever it might be, so it would make sense to get something out in February that will impact the books in March. They might also want to focus their publicity on the overall earnings in April (CEO announcements) rather than on individual games.

I'm afraid if we don't get a pack in February it will be May before the first gp comes out then we'll get the expansion in June. Prehaps though the free content in updates will make up for it in March or April. We'll see but even then I'll be surprised if we get anything big like cars or a baby update.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    After all the hype about the new, exciting, unexpected dlc they're working on for 2020, one would think they'd want to build on that and release something better than what we got a week ago. I was stunned when I read the patch notes. And my first thought was something the teams were working on didn't make it into that update. Why else was it so small and disappointing? The backlash from this community must have been difficult to see, and not to have an explanation readily available probably bothered all the teams involved. They can't tell us why it happened, or what is coming next. The only way to fix this mess would be to leak a small bit of news about an upcoming pack, and get that de-railed hype train back on track. Any momentum EA had going forward into the new year stopped as soon as the February update went live. EA has to make a tough decision. It can release a bit of real news, or allow its foreign-based outlets to 'leak' a sneak peek of new dlc. The new stuff pack was released in January, we usually see an EP in June, so the next pack should be a GP set to be released in March or April. And I expect something about it will be leaked within two weeks. If we don't hear anything by then, hang on for a large update in March that will severely impact our games. Because that's how EA rolls.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited February 2020
    @M1ss_Plumbum,

Fiscal year is based on your business start date. So if your company opened its doors in April 1st of 2017. Your fiscal year would end March 31st, 2018. Normally referred to as FY2017-2018 in that case. And each FY has four quarters comprising three months each. In this example would be Apr-Jun 2017 FY 1st Quarter, Jul-Sep 2017 FY 2 Quarter; Oct-Dec FY 3 Quarter; jan-Mar FY End 4th Quarter.

It’s confusing if you’re a) not in business for yourself or b) not an accountant or c) not a university business major.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I'm afraid if we don't get a pack in February it will be May before the first gp comes out then we'll get the expansion in June. Prehaps though the free content in updates will make up for it in March or April. We'll see but even then I'll be surprised if we get anything big like cars or a baby update.

well the more time they get to do there work the better @catloverplayer
    but I would still like to know what the pack is
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    @M1ss_Plumbum,

Fiscal year is based on your business start date. So if your company opened its doors in April 1st of 2017. Your fiscal year would end March 31st, 2018. Normally referred to as FY2017-2018 in that case. And each FY has four quarters comprising three months each. In this example would be Apr-Jun 2017 FY 1st Quarter, Jul-Sep 2017 FY 2 Quarter; Oct-Dec FY 3 Quarter; jan-Mar FY End 4th Quarter.

It’s confusing if you’re a) not in business for yourself or b) not an accountant or c) not a university business major.

Not necessarily - many start-ups conform to the December 31st year-end (except in a few countries). Certainly, not all businesses started on January 1st (which would be a terrible time for many companies to open their doors, at least in the US and Europe).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Companies have budgets. They don't run the calendar from Jan.-Dec. Where I used to work my company's fiscal calendar was Oct through the next Sept. Maxis' calendar is April to the next March. So, when people mention the fiscal calendar for 2020 they mean April (2020) through the following (2021) March.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SpiddermouseSpiddermouse Posts: 23 Member
    Even If there have not been any packs in April before, there have been packs released in March. Get to Work, Bowling Night Stuff and My First Pet Stuff have all been released in March.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    After all the hype about the new, exciting, unexpected dlc they're working on for 2020, one would think they'd want to build on that and release something better than what we got a week ago. I was stunned when I read the patch notes. And my first thought was something the teams were working on didn't make it into that update. Why else was it so small and disappointing? The backlash from this community must have been difficult to see, and not to have an explanation readily available probably bothered all the teams involved. They can't tell us why it happened, or what is coming next. The only way to fix this mess would be to leak a small bit of news about an upcoming pack, and get that de-railed hype train back on track. Any momentum EA had going forward into the new year stopped as soon as the February update went live. EA has to make a tough decision. It can release a bit of real news, or allow its foreign-based outlets to 'leak' a sneak peek of new dlc. The new stuff pack was released in January, we usually see an EP in June, so the next pack should be a GP set to be released in March or April. And I expect something about it will be leaked within two weeks. If we don't hear anything by then, hang on for a large update in March that will severely impact our games. Because that's how EA rolls.

Hmm I wonder what didnt make it. It must have been very buggy. Hopefully we ll see it soon.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Has anyone found anything?
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I found this just now. It's a job listing from Maxis asking for audio work to help ship "an upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 4." It just opened on the fourth of February and the timeline is 6 months- a year. So whatever they're working on will come out in the near future since audio is usually the last step of production. Sims Community has predicted pack releases because of audio work in the past. Here's the link:
    https://ea.gr8people.com/index.gp?method=cappportal.showJob&opportunityID=159785
    I found this just now. It's a job listing from Maxis asking for audio work to help ship "an upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 4." It just opened on the fourth of February and the timeline is 6 months- a year. So whatever they're working on will come out in the near future since audio is usually the last step of production. Sims Community has predicted pack releases because of audio work in the past. Here's the link:
    https://ea.gr8people.com/index.gp?method=cappportal.showJob&opportunityID=159785

Hmm an expansion 3 months away.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

"• Music performance skills, vocals in particular"

do you think that might have a tie in with maybe a band expansion pack?

for new instruments and vocals
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

Ooh that would be fabulous!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

It seem about ts4 showtime
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns