Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Hello hello I need some cooking advice.

I'm trying to use up some dried beans I've got in the cupboard (at least 2-3 cups in the bag). It's a 5-bean mix. The beans in the mix include

1. Pinto beans
    2. Red chili beans
    3. Chickpeas
    4. Great Northern beans
    5. Black turtle beans

Does anyone here know of any good recipes that I could use a bean mix like this one? I've got a slow cooker, but also a large pot for batch-cooking (I tend to freeze stuff so I'm not eating it for a week straight).
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »

I'm trying to use up some dried beans I've got in the cupboard (at least 2-3 cups in the bag). It's a 5-bean mix. The beans in the mix include

1. Pinto beans
    2. Red chili beans
    3. Chickpeas
    4. Great Northern beans
    5. Black turtle beans

Does anyone here know of any good recipes that I could use a bean mix like this one? I've got a slow cooker, but also a large pot for batch-cooking (I tend to freeze stuff so I'm not eating it for a week straight).

I would suggest using them to make soup of some kind. Chili, or a 14-bean soup type thing.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited February 2020
    @DeKay -

Not you :+1: You still cool :sunglasses:

Some dude decided to "make a viral video" (his defense) and - on a flight from Toronto, Canada bound to Jamaica - stand up and Announce that he was coming from Wuhan, China and was "not feeling well"! This (of course) forced the plane to be returned to Toronto. The guy was forced to wear gloves and mask. He was also restrained in the back of the plane, until they landed. After that, he was greeted by the police and EMTs waiting to take him to the hospital!

His prank made 240 passengers miss their connecting flights or vacation plans. Plus WESTJET probably aren't happy either - since their plane was 30 minutes away from landing (on a 6 hour flight), when he did it! Trust me - being on a plane for 6 hours is rough, but 12 is flat out torture! Flight attendants would have to hold me back from that Wing-nut :rage: ! Not enough "pain and suffering and emotional distress" from the court would fix sitting in a 737 for 12 hours... Oh, my back!... :confounded:

For those who don't know - Wuhan, China is where the Coronavirus originated. Not something to joke about - at least 3 cruise ships (that I know of) have even been quarantined due to it. There's 1 - Diamond Princess with 64 cases confirmed on it!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay -

Some dude decided to "make a viral video" (his defense) and - on a flight from Toronto, Canada bound to Jamaica - stand up and Announce that he was coming from Wuhan, China and was "not feeling well"! This (of course) forced the plane to be returned to Toronto. The guy was forced to wear gloves and mask. He was also restrained in the back of the plane, until they landed. After that, he was greeted by the police and EMTs waiting to take him to the hospital!

His prank made 240 passengers miss their connecting flights or vacation plans. Plus WESTJET probably aren't happy either - since their plane was 30 minutes away from landing (on a 6 hour flight), when he did it! Trust me - being on a plane for 6 hours is rough, but 12 is flat out torture! Flight attendants would have to hold me back from that Wing-nut :rage: ! Not enough "pain and suffering and emotional distress" from the court would fix sitting in a 737 for 12 hours... Oh, my back!... :confounded:

For those who don't know - Wuhan, China is where the Coronavirus originated. Not something to joke about - at least 3 cruise ships (that I know of) have even been quarantined due to it. There's 1 - Diamond Princess with 64 cases confirmed on it!

Oh my God. It was a prank?! Or was he actually sick and just waited to get on the plane to do that? I don't think it's the latter right? Cuz the airflight people would have checked where he was from first and not let him onboard. At least our airport does that. They be even checking everyone's heat signatures and will stop anyone who's sick no matter where they're from. XD

What a jerk. Please get this man to any ward with all the people who are sick with the virus since he wants it so much.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Lyoufln wrote: »

1. Pinto beans
    2. Red chili beans
    3. Chickpeas
    4. Great Northern beans
    5. Black turtle beans

I would suggest using them to make soup of some kind. Chili, or a 14-bean soup type thing.

Hmm... I’ll have to look up some recipes in the morning then! 😊
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s a smell that reminds you of home?

No idea. My home doesn't really smell like anything. :D Except for my room -- which has this flower air freshener thing but the smell is so specific that nothing else can remind me of it.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited February 2020
    DeKay wrote: »
    DeKay -

Oh my God. It was a prank?! Or was he actually sick and just waited to get on the plane to do that? I don't think it's the latter right? Cuz the airflight people would have checked where he was from first and not let him onboard. At least our airport does that. They be even checking everyone's heat signatures and will stop anyone who's sick no matter where they're from. XD

What a plum. Please get this man to any ward with all the people who are sick with the virus since he wants it so much.

No he wasn't sick. He was just thinking it would BE FUNNY!

I honestly hope that he gets buried with charges! There are 240 witnesses, plus his cell video, that can be used against him. Plus I'm sure WESTJET will most likely press charges against him, since he cause lost revenue and such.

This guy is going to be buried under that courthouse for his "prank"! If he doesn't get jail, he's going to get a very hefty fine! A world-wide virus is not something to joke about.
    DeKay -

What a plum. Please get this man to any ward with all the people who are sick with the virus since he wants it so much.

No he wasn't sick. He was just thinking it would BE FUNNY!

I honestly hope that he gets buried with charges! There are 240 witnesses, plus his cell video, that can be used against him. Plus I'm sure WESTJET will most likely press charges against him, since he cause lost revenue and such.

This guy is going to be buried under that courthouse for his "prank"! If he doesn't get jail, he's going to get a very hefty fine! A world-wide virus is not something to joke about.

Why didn't they check his temperature and then smack his head? XD
    Yeah, he's def gonna get some kinda consequence to him for sure.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    edited February 2020
    It's fun knowing that two "adults", who you have never spoken more than a single word to insult you and apparently have found your... non existent social media? :confused:
    unknown.png
    It's fun knowing that two "adults", who you have never spoken more than a single word to insult you and apparently have found your... non existent social media? :confused:

....? How is it possible to find a non-existent thing? I am confusion.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited February 2020
    So from what I've seen, one ship - Royal Caribbean Cruise Line's ANTHEM OF THE SEAS - has been cleared (turns out those couple passengers only had the flu). The ship just loaded up and left New Jersey for Bermuda. The 12 day cruise was cut short due to this holding in NJ, but Royal Caribbean is at least trying to get at least one port in.

The second ship - Holland America Line's WESTERDAM , that has been circling around (like a hungry shark) between the Philippines and Japan - no ports were going to allow a (possibly) contaminated ship- is going to a port! Lucky for the WESTERDAM ! They only had enough supplies (food, fuel, etc) to last until the 15th! As long as no one starts getting sick before they get there, they should be ok.

The third ship - Princess Cruise Line's DIAMOND PRINCESS - passengers (ESPECIALLY if they are confirmed to be infected) are confined to cabins. There's no buffet - Room service is the way they can get a meal. There's no lounging by the pool, no shows. Passengers - especially those who don't have a balcony cabin - are taken in groups of about 30 up on deck, for some free time. (may sound like a prison, but remember they're now in quarantine! cruising time is over.)

So far as I know, this was all from this morning. Just hope ANTHEM OF THE SEAS will be ok and doesn't go into quarantine, like DIAMOND PRINCESS! Don't need any more people sick!

Hopefully those on the WESTERDAM can find a way to get home. From the reports I've seen, about 800 of the passengers were from China! This was a big reason why ALL of the ports refused to let WESTERDAM come in. The ship pick them up just a day before the ports were closed off. I blame the executives of the Holland America Line for this poor decision. Instead of getting an extra 800 passengers worth of revenue, they have lost about 2000 passengers worth of it! They picked them up, they should be the one who pays for getting them home.
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

They didn't. They say they found my Facebook.

Ah yes, Facebook, that site I have definitely signed up for and even use regularly :+1:
    unknown.png
    Ok, let me drop the latest -

WESTERDAM - finally heading to a port Bangkok!

ANTHEM OF THE SEAS - clean and healthy. Heading to the Bahamas!

... Now the big one -

DIAMOND PRINCESS - a new 60 cases of the virus was discovered, bringing the total up to 136 INFECTED! :open_mouth: Facemasks have been upgraded, and the ship staff has been handing out more boxes of wipes (I'm guessing so you can clean/sanitize your room?) . However, FOR SOME REASON the quarantine "clock" hasn't been reset and they're intending to let the passengers off the 19th! They're supposed to add 14 days, whenever a new case is discovered! They are not doing a through examination of the passengers for THAT many to be found overnight! On a ship that can carry 2700 (not sure how many are currently on) there's 136 infected! It's not the best idea to let (possibly) infected people into the population. Hopefully, they'll come back and say that it was just an oversight (and correct it)!

They didn't. They say they found my Facebook.

Ah yes, Facebook, that site I have definitely signed up for and even use regularly :+1:

Haha, that's lame. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

No idea. My home doesn't really smell like anything. :D Except for my room -- which has this flower air freshener thing but the smell is so specific that nothing else can remind me of it.

Coffee. Actually, the smell of coffee makes me think of my Grandma and Grandpa.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
    I'm really coming to hate my poli-sci class...
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    edited February 2020
    Today's Q Q is:

I grew up in a scent-free house (for the most part), due to someone in my family having scent-sensitivity. So no perfumes or scented hygiene products and the like.

My current place smells like onions half the time though because I can't really open windows in the winter and there's no kitchen ventilation.
    Post edited by Lyoufln on
    Where's Minty? She hasn't been on here for some time...
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member

What's going on in yer class? Arguments flying?

Minty was last seen two days ago on Goodreads. I know because I'm following her.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
    Today's Q Q is:

Which one is you?
    451d18192873f0f6b58304e6562e8f164cffc7cd.jpg

True neutral, when I do read. LOL.

Minty was last seen two days ago on Goodreads. I know because I'm following her.

Hmm, does she go there everyday usually?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Which one is you?

Chaotic good.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    Today's Q Q is:

Which one is you?

Hmm, does she go there everyday usually?

Chaotic good
    My mom, shouting to me from the kitchen: HEY! Do you like black olives?!
    Me: Yeah!
    My mom: OKAY!
    Also, my mom: *Puts black olives in my salad together with blueberries* :trollface:
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Which one is you?

Chaotic good and true neutral.

I just don't care for politics and honestly, most of the class just goes right over my head.

Honestly, I'm starting to hate college altogether. I'm starting to wish I would've transferred this semester instead of waiting.
    7dW3gu7.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top