Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCC question story progression

I know theres a section for mod questions but not many people see it so , I dont mind this being deleted once I have a definitive answer.

By default, Will sims not in my household have babys and get married or do I need to change some setting in the MCC pregnancy. Iv seen conflicting answers and iv gone through the settings myself and dont get which ones would determine this if so

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    By default, the mod changes very little. It changes who it picks to fill NPC roles (so there's fewer new townies all the time), and it fills all but 2 houses in each world. Everything else it does is off by default.

For your nonplayed Sims to have story progression, you have to load a save, pick a household, click on a computer, selection MC Command Center, and enable the story progression you want enabled.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • VampireSapphireVampireSapphire Posts: 90 Member
    edited February 2020
    By default, the mod changes very little. It changes who it picks to fill NPC roles (so there's fewer new townies all the time), and it fills all but 2 houses in each world. Everything else it does is off by default.

For your nonplayed Sims to have story progression, you have to load a save, pick a household, click on a computer, selection MC Command Center, and enable the story progression you want enabled.

I dont understand which settings it would be if so. Unless it's the pregnancy percentage but to me that sounds like the liklihood of pregnancy happening (so when u woohoo) and not necessarily it enabling story progression and causing npcs to become pregnant . I'm so confused and seeing different answers on different forms and not just one definitive answer
  • huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    If you head to the webpage for the mod, you will find a section called "Documentation", which explains the various modules and what they do. I've linked to the first part of it below. Hope this helps :)

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/overview
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I have used MCC for a long time and I still confused how to do things and pretty sure I am not using it's full potential.
    I have to say the documentation, I find confusing. That could be because I am more a visual learner
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    MC Pregnancy and MC population modules are the ones that affect story progression for NPC Sims. Go through each setting in those modules to tweak how you want story progression to work in your save.
  • VampireSapphireVampireSapphire Posts: 90 Member
    MC Pregnancy and MC population modules are the ones that affect story progression for NPC Sims. Go through each setting in those modules to tweak how you want story progression to work in your save.

Yeah I tweaked it didnt change much. But it seems it was an automatic process anyway. But I have babies and marriages appearing in game now so all is good
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited February 2020

I dont understand which settings it would be if so. Unless it's the pregnancy percentage but to me that sounds like the liklihood of pregnancy happening (so when u woohoo) and not necessarily it enabling story progression and causing npcs to become pregnant . I'm so confused and seeing different answers on different forms and not just one definitive answer

I know you’ve got it working, but just to clarify the pregnancy percentage setting controls the percent chance that a random pregnancy will occur for an “NPC” sim when the module runs its check. I usually set this around 2-3% with the check running twice a week. Otherwise there are way too many pregnancies.

The marriage percentage setting works the same way.