Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Will NEVER Get A True “Going Green” Pack!

2...Next

Comments

• M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I would like if the energy sources and natural resources are realistic. To be green you need to use what is available near you:
    - In Del Sol Valley, Strangerville and Oasis Spring you will lack water but have acces to plenty of solar energy. If you live in Forgotten Hollow it will make no sense to have solar panels.
    - In Windenburg you can collect more wind power than elsewhere.
    - In Granite Falls, Glimmerbrook and Salvadorads the air and water is much cleaner so you doesn’t have to filtrate it. In San Mysuno you are obligated to filtrate water before use otherwise you will get sick.
    - So you have to research on the computer on how to be green in the specific world you live in when you move there.

The bigger your consumerism are, the bigger responsibility you have to take:
    - So a poor grandfather living in a super tiny off the grid house with second hand funitures can be green but doesn’t have to think too much about it.
    - A large, rich, consuming household with lots of spoiled kids has to think more about their footprint. If they don’t take responsibilities they will have to pay more taxes than others.

If you don’t want to have solar panels, wind mills, water filter and green food in your backyard, you can just buy it from the public energy and water center, but if you wanna safe money or wanna live off the grid, you need to supply yourself with water and energy and food. :)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I think I'd most of all like to see off-the-grid improved to be more playable. Solar panels are a good aesthetic, but they don't add much to game play. Some items that should work off-the-grid don't (especially in the lighting category), and it makes no sense that you can't clean things. It would improve the gameplay immensely to add a few alternative items that don't require electricity, such as a manual typewriter or journal that allows writer Sims to write books, or a crank gramophone for music lovers. You should be able to cook nearly anything on a wood stove, and it would be nice to have a fireplace that can be used for cooking soups and stews, and maybe heat water for baths. An outhouse would be nice, as would a pump sink.
    I just want things to match. :'(