Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited February 2020
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 129 - Solving the Seniors Situation Part 2

@Taoron24121
    GVQtuK6.png
    Your circular porch area is striking and well executed. I’m also loving the hanging baskets and window boxes! Your choice of roof trims fits nicely with this classic build style. The roofing lines and layout are attractive and interesting. Your kitchen and living room are especially nice and well detailed. Your maturity and attention to details has progressed wonderfully! Well done!

Suggestions: In the back yard there is a roofing section that does not match the remainder of the roof. I would have loved to see some real plants on the lot since they both love to garden. Labelling at least some of the slides in your slideshow is very helpful in explaining details and functional intent.

@HIGHER_DESIGN
    lX0d9WK.png
    Nice lines on the roof, and interesting textures and layout – inside & out. Good use of the diagonal room! Those can be tricky, and you handled it well! I like the use of boulders. They increased interest and texture for the landscaping. The giant TV in the man-cave to enjoy sports will be enjoyed (trophies displayed on shelves). The craft room is airy, feminine, and lovely – and I love the little gardening deck area! Your New England/lakefront feel is homey & charming. The colors are soft and comforting with a breezy seaside feel. This build is a polished and well put-together build. I loved it!

Suggestions: Additional or upscaled items on the lot may have been a nice luxury for the couple since they had significant additional funds allotted. ($51,284 remained unused in budget.) Since this lot is small, I know this suggestion would take planning, but it would have been nice to have some additional outdoor seating for guests, an outdoor area to cook out on a grill, a laundry area or something.

@xamira99
    NK1FgDb.png
    I am absolutely loving all of the personality and detailing in this build! (And I just have to mention this adorable tool/woodworking shed.) The yard is small but very interesting and well-done. This is like a cozy little coastal cottage home that is charming for days!!! The colors are warm and well suited to the build. The items chosen for the build have a combined ‘eclectic’ yet cohesive balance that’s delightful and works surprisingly well together to convey a home brimming with personality. Nicely done!

Suggestions: I would have liked to see a bit more space devoted to the main floor ‘living room’ area. The pans above the stove had the look of being in the way for using the burners. Even if in playtesting the sim can still use them, the appearance is also a nice thing to keep in mind.

3gHHX7s.png
    ANvU7s7.png
    And the winner is….
    @HIGHER_DESIGN
    3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2020
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS 132 - Triple The Joy

@cc1552☆
    jgQlzAy.png
    What a cute, cozy little house. I like the layout. Good idea to include a family computer in the living room for everyone to use. Cute kitchen, clever placement of the garbage can and microwave. Very nice use of the booth to create a breakfast nook. Your blend of Island Living and Realm of Magic furnishings works perfectly, they go so well together. The triplets’ room is adorable, so bright and fun without being too bright. The color scheme in the in-law suite helps to brighten it up a bit. It looks like a nice, comfortable space. The back porch looks likea nice place to hang out and have fun.
    Suggestions:
    BNS judges architecture, furnishing and landscaping equally: if you couldn't make room in your budget for landscaping, you can also use debug objects. Check out roofing tutorials on youtube for tips on improving your roofs. Your fake fireplace would have looked more realistic with a stone or brick wall covering behind it. Please include descriptions with your screenshots.

@Shakerella☆
    4Sf4FoK.jpg
    Very nice modern house. I’m impressed you got so much into such a tiny space and still managed to stay under budget. Good idea to leave those big windows uncovered so the family can enjoy amazing views. The open plan layout was a great idea. Holly will enjoy taking a break to read in that specious office. I love that you included the family in your screenshots, the girl playing in the toilet made me chuckle. Very nice, relaxing patio area.
    Suggestions:
    You seem to have used up much of your budget on furniture and windows, leaving you too little for landscaping and decor, such as toys for the kids, pictures and clutter. Try using cheaper items to stretch your budget further. The upstairs rooms seem small and cramped compared to the main floor.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Shakerella
    uXuCHhC.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2020
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS 133 - Tears of a Clown

@Pepper61
    Q29nlX5.png
    This house is so charming, you wouldn’t know it was built of shipping containers at first glance. Lovely job landscaping the entryway. Those trees in the rear look nice and shady. Emily will definitely have fun in her play area. It’s nice that Emily has the second floor to herself. Very nice outdoor grilling area. Cute child’s bedroom, I love that you included a cat scratching post.
    Suggestions: Nice spots of color in the bathroom. The master bedroom looks comfortably masculine. Rommy kitchen and dining area. I love the colors in the media room.
    Suggestions:
    You might want to work on your camera angles and heights, some of your screenshots seem to be tilting sideways. In fact, the view of the office has a slight fishbowl effect, which can be avoided by zooming in a bit. Please label your screenshots in the future.

@CC1552☆
    3idUxYS.png
    Lovely green exterior color, it’s a nice contrast to the red fence and hedgerow. That treehouse is awesome, creative and fun! Interesting interior color scheme, somehow it all seems to go together. Neat idea to use a curtain to separate the media room. I like that you gave Emily her own corner to play in. Those curved counters in the bathroom is a great way to add counter space and the appearance of storage space. The master bedroom is beautiful. Cheerful kitchen. Emily’s bedroom is perfect for a little girl. It’s great that you found room for a library. Good job with the back porch.

Suggestions:
    Good job with the slideshow, but I find it’s better to have the layout screenshots at the beginning so they can be used as a point of reference. This is only personal preference. The curtain in the library appears to be clipping into the ottoman: that can be fixed by moving the ottoman while holding the alt key. That tall, simple hipped roof doesn’t quite seem to fit the rest of the build. Unfortunately, you went slightly over budget this time.

@Becka28☆
    7EYOSPp.png
    Shipping Container Home is so colorful and creative! Great job with the entry, and I love that second floor patio. Excellent choice of table and stools for the outdoor eating area. Interesting living room. I love the idea of the storage space. Emily dancing with the mannequin is cute. Great master bedroom. Nice little study space. The backyard looks like a l ot of fun for Emily to enjoy!

Suggestions: There aren’t many suggestions to make here. Though most of the decor was cohesive, I do think the wallpaper and carpet in Emily’s room don’t quite match. It seems to be both a nursery and an older child’s room. Please consider putting layout images near the beginning of your slideshow as a point of reference.

@MapleDarling☆
    WhTC8EF.png
    Creative, playful design. I especially love the fountain and plants in the breezeway. Nice sunny kitchen/dining area. I like your use of the bar barrel in the kitchen. Great idea to use different deesser heights in the master bedroom. Love the flag above the bed. Luxurious main bath. I think Emily will enjoy watching the fish in her bedroom.
    Suggestions: The tunnel around the big stuffed cat was very creative, but is it usable? Shorter windows would have been a better fit in the kitchen. Also, cheaper windows and decor would have left you more of a budget for decoration in the bedrooms, particularly in Emily’s room. Be careful about clipping when you use moo to stack objects.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is... @Becka28

E2w6knO.jpg
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2020
    @HIGHER_DESIGN - The judges all agree that you should enter in the Expert category going forward. Congrats on your win and on your promotion! 🏆
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member

@BuildnShare

Suggestions: In the back yard there is a roofing section that does not match the remainder of the roof.

Thank you for your lovely compliments.

I had to go back and look at what you meant, about the rear roof in question. That was intentional, making that overhang over the bay window copper, as it is not actually part of the roof, as a whole. I've seen that done a lot, in New England and even done it myself when working in construction, with the main roof being slate, and having copper accent roofs. Once they turn green, they look pretty sexy.

Not complaining, just wanted you to know that was not a mistake.

edited May 2020
    bhaXpM1.png

Expert Results for #BnS129 Solving the Seniors Situation II

@Talea12345
    NpE2E6d.jpg
    Siesta Key has such a lovely, tropical setting! Good job on a visually interesting build with lots to draw the eye. Nice choice of siding and trim. I like the contrast between the blue and white with brown accents. The chair lift on the stairs is a clever idea! I like that there’s a guest space that is somewhat private from the main home. Lovely outdoor living area to take advantage of the great weather and beautiful views. Cute “built-in” dining table. The décor has a fitting tropical feel to it. Good use of MOO to create the stacked storage unit!

Suggestions: Work on camera angles to best show off the details of your build (avoid “fishbowling” in pics)

@Trashdocka
    TIy3xwS.png
    Your home for the Olssons’s has tons of curb appeal! This is one of my favorite little lots in the game, and this home is nestled perfectly in it. Love the window boxes and brown accent trim. The little balcony on the front upper story is fantastic. Lovely planting beds and good use of terrain paint. Love the “greenhouse” on the back deck. The kitchen is so charming! The choice of stone and wallpaper is just perfect. Great use of clutter and decorative objects for a lived-in look. Love the nautical touches in the man cave. The rooms are perfectly sized – functional but not over-large.

Suggestions: Work on your camera angles to best showcase your build’s many interesting details.

@Aljay2000
    4twJzVU.png
    Stargazing is a beautiful modern home with so many interesting architectural touches! Great job on the black & white color scheme. The interiors are very elegant. I love the dramatic, deep blue on the walls. Great job on the stairs. The design is minimalist without looking stark and sparsely decorated – a difficult balance to strike. Great kitchen space. Love the under-counter shelving. The back deck is fantastic with a great view of the river. Nice landscaping within the minimalist/modern aesthetic. Every bit of space inside is used to maximum potential. Nice guest room. Interesting neutral accent wall to break up the red color on the wall. Great observatory on the roof!

Suggestions: Not a whole lot to add! For me, the master bedroom felt a tiny bit “plain” as compared to the other beautiful rooms.

@Rostri-Jodu
    3Cz0sjE.png
    On the Banks of Noren is so picturesque! Great window and door choices, and what an interesting roofline. I love its waterside location with plenty of outdoor spaces to take advantage of the views and fresh, sea air. The conservatory on the rear of the house is fantastic! Great job on this feature, and I love the balcony that breaks up the two glass roof sections. The floral arch and potted plants on the decks are beautiful and complement the architecture nicely. Good job on a harmonious color scheme inside. The interior spaces are lovely, and I like the floral theme that has been carried throughout.

Suggestions: The stone didn’t provide much contrast from the stucco, being very similar in tone. Maybe a different wall color or stone would have been interesting to explore? Or contrasting window frames? Captions within your slideshow helps the judges better understand your thought process and design.

@Devilariah
    7qsrS92.png
    Stranger’s Modern Home is an interesting build in its desert location. Great job on the landscaping! The cacti and tree choices are perfect for the dry climate. Good job on terrain sculpting to achieve the desired elevation. I like the exposed brick walls inside. The calming neutrals on the walls are a nice contrast with the sand outside. Lovely kitchen – great double sink in the island. I like the choice of bed placement in the master rather than the traditional “against the wall” arrangement. Love the stargazing room! Great that the couple has plenty of activity choices outside to keep themselves fit and young-at-heart.

Suggestions: Inside, there was a bit of a pull between industrial and contemporary design touches. Fully committing to one or the other might be more impactful.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Aljay2000
    2nd Place goes to: @Trashdocka
    PZWU8Jv.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@Talea12345
    jZqtGRd.jpg
    Nice master bedroom layout with plenty of space. I like the seating area provided. Good use of moo to create the built-in bed. Cute laundry area tucked behind the master bathroom. The space was a bit heavy on pastels – adding a stronger/darker color here and there would add visual interest.

And the winner is… @Talea12345
    2mgTBbO.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Devilariah
    XMrRoOa.png
    Love your take on the Ausman’s! Both Gunter and Norberat are very stylish in their senior years. I especially like Gunter’s party wear and Norberat’s formal wear choices.
    And the winner is… @Devilariah
    2di4Jhp.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png

ExpertResults for #BnS131 Fostering the Future

@AlJay
    jk4w2WC.png
    Beautiful setting for Brindleton Bay Youth Farm! The sleeping quarters with its farmhouse design is very charming. Lovely garden and outdoor play areas. What a cute, red barn complete with a herd of cowplants! Love the water tower and hay bales as well. The communal dining area is fantastic, and the custom artwork is perfectly chosen. The classroom areas are so clever – great attention to detail. The sleeping rooms are nicely done, and I love the personalized artwork in each. Great details in the gardening shed and barn.

Suggestions: I feel like the roofline of the main building could have used some extra detail (maybe dormers?) to match the charm of the dormitory buildings.

@Talea12345
    Fjr4d8a.png
    Great setting for the farm! Good job on the “creek.” The pond with dock and gardens are nicely done. Great details in the shed. I like the multiple-building layout of the farm. Is that a MOO’d bunkbed in one of the rooms? Clever! Cute play areas in the dorms. Bedrooms are cozy but functional.
    Suggestions: Some contrasting roof trim or window framing would add more visual interest to the buildings and match the blue trim on the siding. More decorative details would add to the overall impact.

@Devilariah
    PRh8cgU.png
    Your conversion of an old building for this camp is a great idea! Situating it on an island in Windenburg will be great for security as well as privacy. Inside, the rich wood tones on the wainscoting and floors help to warm the space and make it look less institutional. Nice bathroom layout with separate sink area and counter for toiletries while getting ready. Lovely farm area – good use of terrain paints here.

Suggestions: The front façade is a bit plain. Could you have used columns or another adornment to add visual interest? Building more compactly would free up more simoleans for décor items.

3gHHX7s.png

aVrAuJF.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@Talea12345
    fOmn5nX.png
    What an adorable and colorful cafeteria! I love the artwork on the walls, and the arrangement of the tables. Great buffet area. The built-in banquette seating is nicely done.
    2mgTBbO.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png

Expert Results for #BnS132 Triple the Joy

@Talea12345
    7kwNwwi.png
    What an adorable little house for he Angevins! I love the dormers and the front porch. The sun room on the back is a nice addition. The kitchen is fantastic – love the brick walls and the pizza oven. Good use of cabinet options for variety and a creative kitchen island. Nice details in Holly’s office. The kids’ room is so clever with the MOO’d beds and flooring designed to look like the seaside. Great job on the walk-in closet in the master and laundry closet in the hall. The basement apartment is lovely, and I really like the garden area set aside for grandma Lilly.

Suggestions: Maybe a vent or small window on the gable walls? I would have liked to see a bit more “curb appeal” on the front of the home.

@AlJay
    ullEtg8.png
    Something Old Something New looks like the perfect family home for the Angevins. I like the shuttered windows on the front, and the interesting roof line you’ve created. You’ve used the space on the lot very thoughtfully – creative idea to “subdivide” it and save money on landscaping ;) Great job on the planting areas out front. I like the added realistic touch of the garage. The ground floor is nicely laid out with plenty of living space for the entire family. The cluttering and other decorative touches add a sense of realism to the build. Lovely custom artwork as usual! I like the mid-century modern design theme carried into the master bedroom. The individually decorated kids’ rooms are so cute. Great job on the basement suite for the grandparents. And that laundry room – as you said, hopefully they’ll have some money from subdividing that lot soon!

Suggestions: Some color on the shutters (gray or black?) might have been interesting. For me, the modern front door was a bit out of place with the overall character of the build.

@Devilariah
    bmagzS7.png
    This weathered brick choice for the additions is a really nice choice. The texture is lovely, and it keeps the added wings from looking out of place with the older, wooden structure. Love the bike shed – great details in here. The grandparents’ basement suite is lovely. I like that you’ve chosen a rich color scheme to carry throughout the home. The nursery is so cute with its green color scheme and elements of nature! The master suite is a peaceful retreat for the parents. The landscaping out back is great with plenty of outdoor living spaces. What a cute little playcorner for the kids!

Suggestions: It was too bad about the cloudy summer! With the dark colors of the house, it was a little hard to see all your design details. Adding in even more decorative details and clutter throughout (some rooms were more detailed than others) would take the build to the next level.

3gHHX7s.png

aVrAuJF.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@Talea12345
    aV91cAi.jpg
    Great presentation of the sims! I love the level of detail and seeing all of their traits and aspirations. Barley is so cute! (As are the triplets, of course ;) ) I love Holly’s striking red hair and seeing it passed on to all her children. Great candid shots in the home. Don’t forget to show all their outfit choices.

And the winner is…@Talea12345
    2mgTBbO.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Talea12345
    OUD3aLz.jpg
    Holly’s office is compact but has everything she might need. Great use of a room divider to set the space apart without closing it off. Love the display of her books and other clutter items. Some curtains would liven up the window for her.

2mgTBbO.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @AlJay - the judges all agree that you should enter in the Master category going forward. Congrats on your win and on your promotion 🏆
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png

Master Results for #BnS133 Tears of a Clown

@AlJay
    Lzpdvtu.png
    This build is situated in the perfect lot on Brindleton Bay for a container home! Love the siding you’ve chosen and the large floor-to-ceiling windows. Great arrangement of the containers for visual interest in the home’s shape. Fantastic landscaping – love the outdoor living room and the pool area. Great BBQ spot as well. The picnic spot is so charming! Nice covered front entry. I like the drama of the orange front door. Bold design choices in the living room. Love the industrial kitchen with the exposed brick. Great use of the L-shaped stair. Emily’s room is such a fun burst of color! Love the many decorative touches in here.

Suggestions: Although realistic, the roof was very flat. Maybe some industrial pipes or vents up here?

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @AlJay

aVrAuJF.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@AlJay
    LsmFKt1.png
    I love seeing Ash and Emily in the picnic area in their yard! A goofy and gloomy clown sounds perfect for Ash. Great job on his outfit choices. Cali is just perfect for cat-lover Emily. Love Emily’s bright and colorful clothing to match her social butterfly personality. Fantastic candid shots of family in their new home.

And the winner is… @AlJay
    aVrAuJF.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Big Congratulations all around! Beautiful Builds and SIMS!!!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congrats to all the winners! And great job on getting promoted, @HIGHER_DESIGN and @AlJay
    image.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Wow, so many great builds and fantastic reviews!

Nice work everyone and congrats to @HIGHER_DESIGN @shakerella @Becka28 @AlJay @Talea12345 & @Devilariah on your wins! 👏👏👏

Congrats on the promotions too @HIGHER_DESIGN & @AlJay :)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Oh, wow, that was unexpected! Thank you @BuildnShare, and thank you for all of the time and effort you put into reviewing each entry. I understand what a big job it is. It is very much appreciated <3
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare for the critique. I have found a whole lot more plants in debug. Not sure why I didn't see them all before. That was a lot of reviewing you did!! I am sure you are exhausted!! Thanks again.

Congratulations to the winners!! Congrats on the promotions!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
    HUGE Congrats to all of the winners and promotions! ♥♥♥
  • Pepper61Pepper61 Posts: 84 Member
    Thank you so much for your feedback. this was actually the first time i ever took screen shots the way i did. so i'm definitely learning. I had a ton of fun with this build. It was way more challenging having a budget too!
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS131 - Fostering the Future

@Alisim19
    MTF1Aiu.png
    Oakenstead farm looks like a lovely space for teens to make a new start. I love the charm of the main building with the climbing vines and window boxes. The secluded setting is 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and I like the way you’ve concealed the requested fence with greenery. Love the wind turbine for sustainability. Fantastic landscaping - love the many outdoor spaces, and the garden and orchard are very well done. Good job on the interior spaces. There are just enough homey touches and details to keep it from looking too institutional. Love the rec room! Great job on the dorms. I like the color variation between the two. So much thought and detail in the landscaping of the outdoor areas - very lovely.

Suggestions: For me, the green roof on the main building would have blended better with a different color. Be mindful of windows that best “center” on a given wall space (the offset back shuttered windows might have looked better centered or as a double window).

@Taoron
    oB602tw.png
    The first impression of the architecture of Grace Harvest is reminiscent of a barn, which meets the spirit of the challenge nicely. The layout of the large building is very thoughtful with dorm areas separated by living and learning spaces in the central part of the building. The cafeteria is very inviting with smaller tables more like a bistro than an institution. Nice work on the commercial kitchen - very realistic. Good use of custom artwork - like the numbering of the dorm rooms. Nice farming areas. The details in the shed are fantastic.

Suggestions: More decorative details in the dorm rooms other than artwork would lend realism. I would have liked to have seen some seating and activities available on the back deck - it’s a bit bare as-is.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Alisim19
    90DIw23.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@Wendyology
    TF7FX8R.png
    Farm to Table is a communal dining space with loads of charm. I like the long, farmhouse-style tables with mix & match chairs. I like the tie-in of the open kitchen with the aspect of teaching the residents to cook. The colored backsplash in the kitchen wasn’t my favorite given the fun use of color elsewhere in the room.

And the winner is… @Wendyology
    uzJVF99.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 132 - Triple the Joy

@Taoron24121
    D4LJH4K.png
    Love the covered front & back porches! They would be very nice for the sims to relax on. I like that you added a staircase that goes inside the main house plus one that goes to an exterior entrance for the in-law suite. I especially enjoyed your laundry area, study, and the in-law apartment.

Suggestions: The tables in the kitchen appear to be debug tables. Unfortunately, sims cannot use the little café tables or chairs, so they are only decorative. Due to this, for required usable/interactive items for the challenge it would be recommended to use items the sims can properly interact with.

@SimTresa
    6In1aRr.png
    Your kitchen and living room colors, layout, and design have a comfortable warmth. The nursery is fun and welcoming! The in-law apartment is cute and warm. Their little kitchenette is adorable and well done! I also enjoyed its layout in the open living area. The entrance area and terrain height added interest. It was nice that you had an outer entrance for the in-laws plus a stairway leading to the main floor from their apartment.

Suggestions:
    There was a dark area I had a hard time identifying by the in-law bathroom. Was that a closet? I cannot tell for sure but it seems in the backyard screenshot labelled “A view of the backyard, with a path leading away” that there was still some unused backyard space? Maybe putting a tree or two and a bench or other item for play & enjoyment of the backyard would be nice.

@Alisim19
    aEO4Qxe.png
    Your colors and texture choices inside and out are rich and warm with pleasing texture & detail. The roof lines & trim, and exterior design are nicely done and interesting. The courtyard is charming plus great for privacy – and for shade in a dessert town. The open-air grill/dining area would also work well in a dessert town.

Suggestions: I would have liked to see labels on the slideshow, and this is what we must judge from and labels and comments there help clarify purpose, intent, and detail of the room being shown.

Note: Oh my goodness! That terrain paint jump is a huge pet peeve of mine! Drives me crazy!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is… @Alisim19
    img

GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS 133

@Wendyology
    oY8rmRf.png
    The townhome you’ve built for Ash looks warm and inviting! It’s hard to believe that it was made from shipping containers! I enjoyed reading the descriptions you’ve places in the screenshots of the build. The light, cozy interiors of the living room seem very relaxing to anyone who may step inside. It is especially pleasing to the eyes. Overall, this house has great use of color coordination in the interiors.

Suggestions: I would have wanted to see a few accent walls in the living area so that everything would not be “too wooden.” Using a different color or adding another kind of texture in some parts could help a lot in your design. As for landscaping, some of the terrain shades seem a bit stark; softening the edges with the erase tool could help.

@iampes23
    8VZyRvD.png
    Colorful Clown Haven is a wonderful tropical home! I like how you preserved the original shipping container facade. It somehow ties in well with the playful colors of the build. The addition of the greenery around the home looks nice. I like how the home has some lattice work in the back as well as a playground. The colors you’ve used in the interiors have an interesting boho theme going on.

Suggestions: I’m not sure if the wooden rainbow hearts work well in the master bedroom, where the dominant tone is neutral; I think it could work better if it were placed in the living room. The outdoor living area under the lattice could use some kind of floor surfacing; sand can be a hassle to move around in without proper flooring.

@Taoron
    8Wj9Sai.png
    This is a very appealing modern build! I like the solar panels used on top of the home. Great maximization of lot space, and the entry into the home looks inviting. I admire the use of neutrals with pops of color here and there throughout the home. The white is not too overwhelming with the color contrasts. Overall, this build shows great cohesion in its exteriors and interiors.

Suggestions: I would suggest adding some terrain paint under the shrubbery out front to give the landscaping more depth. Also, some tile wall and floor coverings for the kitchen and bathrooms would make it easier for Ash to clean his home.

@Alisim19
    7u5JXO7.png
    The bold colors of this home are very exciting to look at! I love the patterns you’ve used for curb appeal out front. Great landscaping among the raised platform of the home. The interiors of the home look cozy and inviting; excellent use of color coordination throughout the family’s living spaces, especially the living room area. Overall, a great home with bold use of colors.

Suggestions:
    I would have wanted to see more of the red and white colors inside the home for consistency. Also, while the house does have excellent curb appeal with its open porch, some sense of security might still be necessary, like adding a short wall.

@SimTresa
    dNGEO0D.png
    This is a home with lots of open space! I like how you’ve enclosed the property with some shrubbery. Emily and her cats would have a great time playing there. The raised pool area was also a creative idea. While there are different uses of color in the interiors, it doesn’t offend the eyes, which is great! The neutral tones soften most of the stronger colors. Overall, I love how open space was considered in this build.

Suggestions: The roofing height could be a bit higher; it’s as if the roofing is afraid to stand tall and proud like the rest of the build. The house exterior also looks a bit plain; perhaps using different textures could help improve it.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    C405qBb.jpg
    I could hardly tell that this is a container home; great job making it look like an inviting house! The dormers out front really give it a lot of curb appeal. This has excellent use of roofing, with the glass roofing in the center. The attention to detail in this cozy build is also astounding, especially the family picture of Ash and Emily! The furniture choices are also great, paying attention to who Ash and Emily are. Overall, this is a very well-thought out build!

Suggestions: There are some areas that seem a bit dark for me, but I think that’s what gives this build its cozy appeal. Great job!

JUST FOR FUN ENTRY
    @JojoMOMSTER
    fwz4y89.png
    I like how this build is very faithful to the shipping container theme. Great job! Creative use of space inside the home, given the confined area. I also like how the use of colors in the home make it inviting.

Suggestions: Some areas could have used some better lighting so that they would not seem too dark. Other than that, this could have been a winner.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @PINKUSFAMILY
    2nd Place goes to... @Taoron

zBsIf3q.png
    3gHHX7s.png

SIM ENTRIES

@Taoron
    jnjZCLd.png
    Your portrayal of Ash and Emily looks great! It is wonderful that you have Ash in his clown makeup while playing with Emily.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    PgU6HhK.png
    Very nice slideshow of Ash and Emily doing activities together! I especially like the ones where Emily is holding her cat.

@JojoMOMSTER
    MfCArub.png
    I like how many of your pictures of Emily and Ash tell a story. Wonderful screenshots of the family in their outfits and doing things together!

Sim Challenge
    And the winner is… @JojoMOMSTER
    67VDFOr.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congratulations to the winners!
    And yes it was a closet.
    image.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Congratulations everyone! You all had such beautiful builds :)
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Ugh! Nothing on the patio area! I had to go back and look because I used terrain paint of stone...But it disappeared. It did that before and I had to redo it, but I did not catch it when I was doing the final pics. Thanks.
    edited February 2020
    Good stuff. Congrats again, to all of the winners.
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Congratulations everyone!!
    Amazing entries all around! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top