Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Murphy bed death

1234568...Next

Comments

• MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    Personally, I think a decent level upgrade should remove chance a bed turning murderous for the people who want it.
    You want? Upgrade. Risk life and limb for a nights rest? Choose the less breaks, or leave its deadliness intact.
    Pretty straightforward solution in my opinion.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    We'd prefer not to nerf chance of death unless there's overwhelming feedback from the community to do so. We would like to slightly reduce the rate of breakage (seems tuned a bit high right now), decrease the simoleon cost of the bed, and increase the comfort it provides by default.
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I had one of my Sims die within the first ten minutes due to one. Then, I've had so many die from fires and mostly by drowning. Key Point is amazing as I move new Sims into the lot inhabiting the ghosts of all of my former Sims who have died. LOL.. I find it hysterical. Plus, my social needs always have a built in outlet.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2020
    I've joked that "[Sim] acquired the cooking skill" is one of the most terrifying phrases in TS4, because it's so often followed by "[Sim] discovered the fire!" But it adds that element of surprise, and I like it. If I have a family I want to be super protective of, I make sure they read lots of cooking books and start off only making salads and things, and get a high quality stove before they move onto actual recipes that could potentially start fires.

Same with the Murphy bed. I can upgrade it if I really don't want it to cause problems, but overall, I like having the risk. And I got a good laugh when my first (and only, actually) Sim died from it, because the poor guy had gotten horrible luck with everything he tried in the game. It was a very fitting end for his extremely unlucky life. (Though I'm pretty sure I kept his ghost around. There might be ambrosia in his future.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    I wouldn't mind terribly if an athletic sim would be a lot less prone to die from this contraption as they would be strong enough to pry it loose without problems if it gets jammed. And to limit the current rate at which sims suffer the indignity of death by murphy bed to weak and wimpy sims, or clumsy sims. This would tie the death rate to a sims physical health and traits which would make the game play more interesting.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    In the next update
    We'd prefer not to nerf chance of death unless there's overwhelming feedback from the community to do so. We would like to slightly reduce the rate of breakage (seems tuned a bit high right now), decrease the simoleon cost of the bed, and increase the comfort it provides by default.

I beg you not to. If there is one thing this game is sorely in need of it’s more random, but comical negative consequences and happenstance. I mean, they are a sims hallmark after all.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    In the next update
    I would not mind all the ways a sim die if the death flower worked the way it did in Sims 3. If I knew that I could give the Grimm Reaper a death flower to save myself from accidental death I would find it more entertaining than frustrating.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    In the next update
    TeeSea wrote: »
    I would not mind all the ways a sim die if the death flower worked the way it did in Sims 3. If I knew that I could give the Grimm Reaper a death flower to save myself from accidental death I would find it more entertaining than frustrating.

You can. Just have one in your sims inventory. If you have realm of magic, the potions ingredient store sells them.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    In the next update
    [quote="CelSims;c-17400526"][quote="TeeSea;c-17400205"]I would not mind all the ways a sim die if the death flower worked the way it did in Sims 3. If I knew that I could give the Grimm Reaper a death flower to save myself from accidental death I would find it more entertaining than frustrating.[/quote]

You can. Just have one in your sims inventory. If you have realm of magic, the potions ingredient store sells them. [/quote]

As far as I knew another sim had to give the Grimm Reaper a death flower to save your sim. In the sims 3 if your sim had one in their inventory and died your sim would give it to him automatically.
  • KingmiamiKingmiami Posts: 5 New Member
    It may be a while...
    It should just be an electrocution-type system. The first time it fails you get a 50+ dazed moodlet, second time it fails you straight up die.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    It may be a while...
    Becka28 wrote: »
    They will take it away. We are always losing features we paid for.

No fire deaths anymore
    Vampires dont visit
    Ni Alien abductions
    No new plants from grafted plants (4 generations waiting on the one plant and still nothing)
    Premades cant be spell casters (just horrible NPCs)
    Emotional death almost impossible

Perhaps EA needs to think about on/off switches rather than removing the elements all together.

In my game last night in just a few hours of each other I had 2 sims abducted, on resulting in a pregnancy, and 1 sim killed from lighting (Ironically I was specifically trying to kill another sim who was playing outside in the storm and this poor sim just walking in from work got struck and killed) and on die from puffer fish (because the lighting didn't work). I also have had lots of successful plant grafts but if you have realm of magic and city living, I did find (to my annoyance) the most of the things you are attempting to graft together, including the death flower, can simply be bought at a shopping booth.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    In the next update
    CelSims wrote: »

You can. Just have one in your sims inventory. If you have realm of magic, the potions ingredient store sells them.

As far as I knew another sim had to give the Grimm Reaper a death flower to save your sim. In the sims 3 if your sim had one in their inventory and died your sim would give it to him automatically.

Hmmm I'm sure in the past my sims have been saved having one in their own inventory, but I just tested and they did indeed die. I'm glad I tested! I can't be remembering from a previous game as I only played a few hours of Sims 3 and never had a sim die.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Never
    I like it breaking so please don't tune it down too much. I would be ok it breaking every 3 days or so, but it is nice having Sims fix things more. If anything feels like things don't break enough unless I use a lot trait to break things or a ghost. Thanks for not wanting to reduce chance of death @SimGuruNinja. It takes way too long to starve or drown Sims as it is. Taking four Sims days plus is way too long for any death especially when done intentionally.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member
    Never
    I wouldn't mind if it didn't happen every time they closed/opened the bed - of course I also wouldn't mind if the bed didn't break every single night
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    I used the Murphy Bed to get rid of 5 husbands. >:)
    Grease is the word!