Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should they realease sims 2 ,and sims 1?

2...Next

Comments

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Hmm maybe we can make a petition for them to realesed the games.It would have a small chance in succeeding.If we get enough simmers showing that they are interested in a release ?It might make them take a look?

I think that's a great idea! I'm up to that!

Okay, I'll make the thread today.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have the sims 1 complete collection and the sims 2 and all dlc. Both run well on our pc’s. But it would be nice if they did. But unlikely sadly.
    I have the sims 1 complete collection and the sims 2 and all dlc. Both run well on our pc’s. But it would be nice if they did. But unlikely sadly.

Well, there is no harm in trying. I made this thread. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/972456/the-re-release-sims-1-and-sims-2-petition-thread#latest
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited February 2020
    Here's a petition on Change. org.

Almost 20,000 signatures.

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-we-need-the-sims-1-complete-collection-on-origin-for-free

And another for Sims 1 and Sims 2.

https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-bring-the-sims-1-and-2-to-origin-3835acdd-e453-4698-87f1-544e4f42dabb

There were a lot of search results so there might be more.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    why do you went such an old game and it would be complicated since as pc because more advance older games would no longer work aspecaly with windows 10 and even if it was rerelaise i doubt as a player that i would get it
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    why do you went such an old game and it would be complicated since as pc because more advance older games would no longer work aspecaly with windows 10 and even if it was rerelaise i doubt as a player that i would get it

Nostalgia. Plus the games play completely different. TS1 was extremely hard to keep a sim's needs up, keep them alive and keep the children out of military school. :D TS2 sims had to have similar interests or friendships would be harder. Some of us actually want some of those challenges back in our games, and since we can't have that in TS4, well then we need the older games for that. *shrugs* you don't have to buy it/play it.

I couldn't get Warcraft 1 or 2 to run on my computer now either. Thanks to GOG, I can have those games back, do have them and do play them, with Win10 and zero problems. I don't see why Sims 1 and 2 couldn't be made available in the same way and work on Win10.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    @simgirl1010 Thanks for the link! I signed ;)

For nostalgia, curiosity, and collectors sake.I been a fan of the sims for years now.It would be cool if we can legally own all four games.

For nostalgia, curiosity, and collectors sake.I been a fan of the sims for years now.It would be cool if we can legally own all four games.

Curiosity is also a good point. I know and explained why I want them, but others who weren't even born yet might like to play these games too. Even if they were old enough to play but missed them because they weren't into gaming yet, or didn't have a computer. There's a few reasons why some people today might be curious and want to try them.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    I would love a re-release/re-mastered (this is like musical terms, but whatever, I don't know the game term for it XD) of The Sims 1 for newer OS, please! I wanna finish the singing career in Superstar. 😭
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    They to release 1-3 to the public.
    giphy.gif

• Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Yes, on Steam. I’d pay for them.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I think they should consider re-releasing The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 back on Origin for free. They are classic originals that should be celebrated with those who have never experienced what started the entire franchise.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Asking for it for free, when they would have to spend time, money, and effort to remaster it for Windows 10, would be a bit unreasonable. I bought Sims 1 Complete a few years back for I think $20, and I don't think that would be an unreasonable fee for them to charge. I'd even pay that again, in order to have an up-to-date working version on Origin. (I have it on disc, and it requires me to have the disc inserted, which is a pain if I forget to remove it later so it might get lost.)

It was certainly a fun game, and much more difficult than later iterations of the game. In later versions of Sims it became easier and easier for Sims to make money, but in Sims 1, it was really challenging. It was also more difficult to keep up with your little guys and keep their needs up, and Simmers who have never experienced it before might find interesting. :)
  • sheyoncexxxsheyoncexxx Posts: 24 Member
    For sure, goes without saying!! I thought we would have received TS1 for the 20th birthday.